Warlock Imp

Marthak

Warlock Imp

#1 » Post by Marthak » 27 May 2017 22:59

Hello,

it seem there is a problem with the imp.
When I ask it to attack a monster out of range, he just stand there and do nothing. He only attack on command once we are in range.

Also, it sometime run of randomly for no reason before attacking. For example, I command it to attack (in range) he move for 2-3 secondes far from me and then he attack.

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Warlock Imp

#2 » Post by IronSharona » 28 May 2017 00:24

I had previously believed this was an issue as well, but I was told recently by an admin that this is the correct behavior and imps are not intended to use melee attacks to move toward targets. I am still unsure, just because I am so used to it working the other way, but I believe staff are aware of this behavior. Interested in leaving this open to see what others think of the behavior.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Marthak

#3 » Post by Marthak » 28 May 2017 01:27

If it the correct behavior, I think they could make the imp at least move into range to cast firebolt instead of staying there doing nothing. Thank for the response IronSharona.

testeromir

#4 » Post by testeromir » 28 May 2017 07:43

Pets are buggy here as hell for a loooong time. That is indeed bug. And there is similar bug with LOS. When u command pet to use some spell on target which is in LOS it should try to find path to that target and use that spell. Here it just stands in place and u get message that target is in LOS. That bug was so annoying in arena with succubus when u need to seduce ppl which are in LOS.
Truewow:
Proghaan
Testera
Woden
Taman
Mudu
Testeram
Gemark
Frithell
Nibghaan

Primalwow:
Proghaan

Marthak

#5 » Post by Marthak » 28 May 2017 23:25

Can any mod or gm assure me that they are working on this ? Because I really want to main a warlock...but if pet are having issues, it kinda make me sad :( .

Klick17

#6 » Post by Klick17 » 29 May 2017 21:14

Look, just because the warlock's imp minion isn't casting firebolt from a far distance, doesn't mean at all that its bugged, its just something imps do when they need the correct spot to cast the spell to attack the mob with the perfect spell range for it. But if it really is doing the standing there and not moving, then you have to move the character's spot for the imp to get a perfect range spot for the imp to run to and cast, or else you'll be having this same complaint, and not doing but whining about it. :) :D ^_^

Marthak

#7 » Post by Marthak » 30 May 2017 13:06

I am not whining about it. It just that if doesn't work like it intended too (compare to other server and retail). I just wanted to know if they were bugged that all. If they are bugged, then I won't main a warlock since it might be frustrating if they arent working correctly. Again, nothing about whining nor complaining except getting the correct information.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 May 2017 13:21

Imps shouldn't melee attack and if they run away that means they're repositioning so they can cast, it's not as detrimental as it may seem like.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#9 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 30 May 2017 13:32

Marthak wrote:
30 May 2017 13:06
I am not whining about it. It just that if doesn't work like it intended too (compare to other server and retail). I just wanted to know if they were bugged that all. If they are bugged, then I won't main a warlock since it might be frustrating if they arent working correctly. Again, nothing about whining nor complaining except getting the correct information.
Warlocks are one of the strongest DPS classes on Primal, are good in PVE and PVP, and will most likely remain so into TBC content. I use a felhunter and imp mostly and I only very rarely have any issues, and the ones I have are easily corrected.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Marthak

#10 » Post by Marthak » 01 Jun 2017 12:24

Thanks for the response.

Nyeriah - I wasn't talking about melee but to make it move in range to cast the spell.

Bobins

#11 » Post by Bobins » 20 Jun 2017 11:12

For anyone reading this:

Imps should move into range once commanded and start casting. Once they go OOM, they should melee. This is how mine worked on retail at least, although I always remember it being this way, I cannot say for sure what (if not all) patch this applies to.

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Jun 2017 13:31

Bobins wrote:
20 Jun 2017 11:12
For anyone reading this:

Imps should move into range once commanded and start casting. Once they go OOM, they should melee. This is how mine worked on retail at least, although I always remember it being this way, I cannot say for sure what (if not all) patch this applies to.

Strange, because about every other source says otherwise.
A common mistake some warlocks make is to tell their Imp to attack when Firebolt isn't set to auto-cast. Since Firebolt is the Imp's only attack form, this gives it nothing to do; right-click on the Firebolt button to fix it. An Imp will also not attack if it is out of mana; it will also refuse to attack mobs that are immune to fire.

Are you sure your experiences are from retail and not other private servers? This is something that was fixed about a year ago.

Bobins

#13 » Post by Bobins » 20 Jun 2017 21:27

If a target flees, the imp would follow. If you order it to attack, it will do so with whatever it has. This could be verified by seeing if imps have a melee ability. I'll try and look it up.

EDIT:

I've looked around and cannot find any reference of Imp melee attacking. It must have been on a private server where I have seen that behaviour.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Imp_(warlock_minion)

Reckons no DPS once it's out of mana. I assume it will be in "attack mode" and waiting for its mana to regen enough to recast, so it might be interesting to see if the imp would follow and not attack a moving target.