PTR configured for Primal TBC testing

Roel
Founder

PTR configured for Primal TBC testing

#1 » Post by Roel » 30 Apr 2017 20:21

The PTR is now close to how PrimalWoW will be at the release day of TBC. Except that you will still find a lot of issues which you will have to report if you don't want to have release day in this state.

For TBC testers:
The first code that has been applied has the important job of setting the progression so anything post patch 2.0 shouldn't be available. Since we're not yet opening raids, anything pre-raid shouldn't be available. For the most part this means disabled instances, vendor items, quests and drops. Try finding any of those that should still be removed or maybe we removed something that shouldn't have been?

- Unlike Primal, the PTR has all talents available
- Replenishment is disabled so we hopefully don't need a mana debuff, other effects from those talents still work
- All elites level 60 or above should have their HP buffed by 2x (was 3x in Vanilla)
- A -25% healing debuff is applied to all Vanilla raids, TBC raids and TBC dungeons. (we started with -67% in Vanilla)
- This is a starting point. Tuning is still going to change especially for raid bosses, based on testing
- Don't neglect Vanilla testing especially Onyxia and Naxx, we had to reapply all of our custom changes to the new core

For WotLK testers:
The expansion is currently limited so WotLK maps are not available, they can be enabled again after the release. However the Primal code will affect certain things on a global scale which are not to be confused with bugs.

- All creature levels above 73 are reduced by 10 which will also affect their HP and base damage
- Onyxia and Naxx mechanics are still like what was used for Vanilla
- Many WotLK items have been removed from vendors
- A lot of WotLK quests will not be offered by NPCs (you can still test them by adding them manually)

Happy testing!

Remix
Donor

Re: PTR configured for Primal TBC testing

#2 » Post by Remix » 01 May 2017 02:10

Atleast let shadow priests benefit from replenishment if you gonna mess with it at all, we already have mana problems as it is. Some way to just let us gain it instead of others?

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 May 2017 07:36

We are still discussing those changes, we might have a few diverging points among the testing team and the designers.

flosr1
Donor

#4 » Post by flosr1 » 01 May 2017 17:36

i am really concerned about these plans.

in the tread about class testing, i always read stuff like "we don't want to make the same mistakes like in vanilla, so that people refuse to play certain specs/classes", "we want to make all specs competitive"

by removing replenishment, you will exactly do that that mistake again. shadowpriest, elemental shamans, enhancement shamans, retribution paladins, protection paladins, fire mages will most likely have major mana problems and struggle with dps (or threat like prot. paladin again)

what was the idea behind changing it? to prevent healers from getting too much mana? i agree this might be a problem. why not make a 50% increased cost on healing spells?

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 May 2017 02:04

The healing nerf has been lowered by 25%, it'll be live the next time the PTR is restarted. We should make adjustments from there.

We are still deciding what will we do about replenishment, but it so far it seems like we'll prevent healers from benefiting from it while keeping it enabled for the other specs.

Remix
Donor

#6 » Post by Remix » 03 May 2017 08:58

still not there :shock:

Arturo

#7 » Post by Arturo » 03 May 2017 17:53

It would be nice for those of us that want to play Spriest and Ret and Enh to have the replenishment effects. I play Ret and Spriests and one of the major drawbacks for those 2 specs in early vanilla was the mana issues coupled with low damage. Replenishment solves part of that problem for those specs. They didn't do a lot of damage to begin with and removing them now is going to be a severe handicap for their output now that they were going to be somewhat viable. If that remains it might make them be passed up for raid slots in favor of those classes that don't use mana now that raids are going to be smaller.

I get why its done however I do have to point out that in retail tbc spriests were used as mana batteries for healers. I played spriests through vanilla ( yeah i know it wasn't my idea of fun and i was the only one in the server) and tbc, and the main purpose of an spriest early on was to make it that much easier on our healers with mana management along with topping damage meters. This decision seems a bit unblizzlike if were keeping with the spirit of tbc to be quite honest. I do hope some middle ground can be achieved tho.

Thanks for the work btw I'm enjoying the prepatch!
Rosario
Lilith
Machismo
Rosa

Mezcal
Savage

flosr1
Donor

#8 » Post by flosr1 » 04 May 2017 13:29

totally agree Arturo