Cross-Faction BG bugs?

Gnurg

Cross-Faction BG bugs?

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Feb 2017 18:15

We added cross-faction battlegrounds on PrimalWoW today, so there will be bugs. Please report anything you see.

In Progress
  • Some logic to choose what fake-class you want (i.e. only tauren and night elves can druids) other than just human or blood elf. **I only lack the model IDs to implement this. It should work with these WoD-models**. Someone needs to find the correct model IDs for me and I can implement it on the fly.
Known bugs
  • Cannibalism doesn't seem to work in battlegrounds anymore.
Possible improvements
  • Award counterpart achievement upon completing the achievement on the wrong side.
  • Call to Arms quests as the wrong side.
---

Can't be resolved?
  • Flag got the wrong color on the map. Client side issue, we only trick the server.
Fixed
  • Disconnecting as fake-race will make you forget languages until you relog outside the battleground.
  • You can get some achievements that should be unobtainable.
  • There's no blocking mechanism once a battleground has started. If 5 people queue, it will be 3v2 instead of 2v2 + 1 in queue.
  • Balance mechanism bases on class. i.e. rather have 1 hunter + 1 warrior vs mirror than 2 hunters vs. 2 warriors.
  • Don't allow guild invites while fake races.
  • You do not gain reputation playing for the Alliance team in Arathi Basin.
  • Reputation doesn't stop at exalted.
  • Don't gain reputation for the wrong faction in Alterac Valley.
  • Review Alterac Valley Factions.
  • Don't award opposite faction's honor titles.
Scrapped
  • Make it optional to fill for the other side. (i.e. if you only want to play for the Alliance, you can have it your way).
Last edited by Gnurg on 17 Mar 2017 15:46, edited 22 times in total.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

Re: Cross-Faction BG bugs?

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Feb 2017 18:21

Druids turn into blood elves. It's really cute, but a bug still, I guess?

oooooooooolde
Donor

#3 » Post by oooooooooolde » 25 Feb 2017 18:38

Shaman on alliance side seem to be human (obviously should be dreanei)

I also had my alliance pvp gear on as a bloodelf which was quite odd to look at ^^
Not sure if its intended or not
Last edited by oooooooooolde on 25 Feb 2017 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

Fárlight

#4 » Post by Fárlight » 25 Feb 2017 18:53

Human warrior transforms to a belf, on wotlk warriors can't be a belf.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

milanlord

#5 » Post by milanlord » 25 Feb 2017 18:56

There are x2 horde flags as visual bug when you open map. Its complete mess.
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Feb 2017 18:58

milanlord wrote:There are x2 horde flags as visual bug when you open map. Its complete mess.
Is this on TrueWoW or PrimalWoW?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

milanlord

#7 » Post by milanlord » 25 Feb 2017 19:01

Gnurg wrote:
milanlord wrote:There are x2 horde flags as visual bug when you open map. Its complete mess.
Its for PW, I tried it out to see how it goes, before voting for TW suggestion, its a mess :P
Retired - Sadly I can't agree with cf bg's being a good choice for the server. The only thing we got with this feature is less bg's nowadays and less people online and I can't participate in this big mistake.

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Feb 2017 19:05

milanlord wrote:
Gnurg wrote:
Its for PW, I tried it out to see how it goes, before voting for TW suggestion, its a mess :P
Still better than empty battlegrounds, I'd say. It's limited what I could test locally, so there will be some bugs to begin with, but hopefully it'll turn out well in the end.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

milanlord

#9 » Post by milanlord » 25 Feb 2017 19:18

Gnurg wrote:
milanlord wrote:
Gnurg wrote: Is this on TrueWoW or PrimalWoW?
Still better than empty battlegrounds, I'd say. It's limited what I could test locally, so there will be some bugs to begin with, but hopefully it'll turn out well in the end.
Meh...I hope it will help(looking at the situation on both realms), good luck with fixing it.

Fárlight

#10 » Post by Fárlight » 25 Feb 2017 19:22

Alliance can get now [Knowing the enemy] you need kill a blood elf. shouldn't be enabled yet.
PW:
TW:
I don't have any chars

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Feb 2017 19:26

It needs a bit of thought, and maybe it's a bit self-defeating too, but we could also try to work around it the same way Blizzard did -- through the "mercenary" PvP queue system. That way, only those who are fine with playing the opposite faction would join as fillers. But as I said, it might be a bit self-defeating.

Regent
Tester

#12 » Post by Regent » 25 Feb 2017 19:35

I can give you feedback based on how it was on Omega, since it sounds like it's behaving exactly the same here (almost sounds like the same patch is being used).
The only way to make the Crossfaction BG patch work on Omega was to force HUMAN on horde players and BELF on alliance players (only visually, the belf / human racials are not forced on the player).
Otherwise, displaying the races in their original state while on the opposing team caused client crashes.
Also, the double alliance flag / double horde flag issue appearing on the map - it basically has to do with the original faction of the player who grabbed the flag.
There was no way around that race issue on Omega, but we only had 1 guy working on it (a community member) and no real developers - so any potential solution may have been overlooked.
The team imbalance issue might also need to be looked at, since it was a problem on Omega as well (and group queues were not disabled there so it was a bigger issue as well).
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Fárlight

#13 » Post by Fárlight » 25 Feb 2017 19:48

The 2 horde flags on the map happens too in PW http://imgur.com/a/lBOr8
PW:
TW:
I don't have any chars

Gnurg

#14 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Feb 2017 20:09

Regent wrote:I can give you feedback based on how it was on Omega, since it sounds like it's behaving exactly the same here (almost sounds like the same patch is being used).
The only way to make the Crossfaction BG patch work on Omega was to force HUMAN on horde players and BELF on alliance players (only visually, the belf / human racials are not forced on the player).
Otherwise, displaying the races in their original state while on the opposing team caused client crashes.
Also, the double alliance flag / double horde flag issue appearing on the map - it basically has to do with the original faction of the player who grabbed the flag.
There was no way around that race issue on Omega, but we only had 1 guy working on it (a community member) and no real developers - so any potential solution may have been overlooked.
The team imbalance issue might also need to be looked at, since it was a problem on Omega as well (and group queues were not disabled there so it was a bigger issue as well).
We implemented Lillecarl's patch, so it's likely the same, yes.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

zant

#15 » Post by zant » 25 Feb 2017 20:15

I am human, but when I got in I was a BE priest. My game froze and I had to relog, and when I did, there was the issue with not being able to speak on any channel because I didn't know the language, but also that my racials changed to those of a blood elf. EMFH dissapeared and I got Arc Torrent and all that stuff till I relogged out of BG.

I know the issue with chat is already posted, but I wanted to add the racial changing thingie (It was a pain to BG without PVP trinket bcuz hooman racial :>)