Operation Snowstorm: Wintergrasp Testing Season!

Nyeriah

Operation Snowstorm: Wintergrasp Testing Season!

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2016 05:24

Thanks to our new collaborator ccrs, we were able to make some large progress towards on Wintergrasp release goal.

I am aware that there has already been some testing done around Wintergrasp in the past years but eventually everything needs to be tested again and reported back so we can address the issues remaining.

Basically, this is our last major release so we really want to make it count and release it with as much working content as possible. Having that in mind, you can test any possible events/quests/vehicles/creatures and whatever else there is and report back to us in this thread.

If everything goes as planned we can release Wintergrasp at the next week or in two weeks from now, which is already way ahead of our schedule. The changes should be live at PTR by now, so you can already start testing. Let me know if you find any issues.

Regards.

Fastor

Re: Operation Snowstorm: Wintergrasp Testing Season!

#2 » Post by Fastor » 09 Feb 2016 12:34

Nyeriah wrote:I am aware that there has already been some testing done around Wintergrasp in the past years but eventually everything needs to be tested again and reported back so we can address the issues remaining.
Oh God not again.

Btw move this topic to PTR bug discussion instead archive.
Leaving this link as reminder to previous testing http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... sp#p150180

(anyone noticed that each february someone tries to fix WG?)

ccrs
Former Staff

#3 » Post by ccrs » 09 Feb 2016 12:43

I encourage you to enter PTR and check it out ;)

Let's see If I tried hard enough :P

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 09 Feb 2016 13:07

ccrs wrote:I encourage you to enter PTR and check it out ;)

Well as long as you leave that spider room alone lm happy ^_^

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 09 Feb 2016 13:09

Previous changes to wg removed from ptr after restart with exception of alliance vendors at fortress since im sure that was spawned in game (not by me)

* Stonekeepers shards drop chance returned to 100% but requires essence of wintergrasp to drop
* Revenants returned to phase 256 so will only be visible while in control of wintergrasp
* Vendor items returned to only be purchasable with currency from wintergrasp.

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2016 13:09

It's a global thread, the forum moves it wherever it pleases. Can't move it.

Doctor_J
Developer

#7 » Post by Doctor_J » 09 Feb 2016 13:10

Fastor wrote:
ccrs wrote:I encourage you to enter PTR and check it out ;)

Well as long as you leave that spider room alone lm happy ^_^
You wont be happy then :-)

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2016 23:16

Bump, PTR has been updated with the latest changes from ccrs.

freehall2002

#9 » Post by freehall2002 » 10 Feb 2016 10:03

ahh plz don't enable wg on live it will be a big disaster and soon there will be lots of qq . i appreciate wat u guys doing but this will be a mistake coz i am sure most ppl don't know how wg works and i am sure that horde will be always 100% control on wg so no voa for ally and thus the qq will start.

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Tenebro » 10 Feb 2016 11:54

freehall2002 wrote:ahh plz don't enable wg on live it will be a big disaster and soon there will be lots of qq . i appreciate wat u guys doing but this will be a mistake coz i am sure most ppl don't know how wg works and i am sure that horde will be always 100% control on wg so no voa for ally and thus the qq will start.
then it's time to l2wg after 6 years of just flying through portal and getting free gear from some tank and spank encounters

Wilcox

#11 » Post by Wilcox » 10 Feb 2016 12:18

Tenebro wrote:
freehall2002 wrote:ahh plz don't enable wg on live it will be a big disaster and soon there will be lots of qq . i appreciate wat u guys doing but this will be a mistake coz i am sure most ppl don't know how wg works and i am sure that horde will be always 100% control on wg so no voa for ally and thus the qq will start.
then it's time to l2wg after 6 years of just flying through portal and getting free gear from some tank and spank encounters
exactly

ccrs
Former Staff

#12 » Post by ccrs » 10 Feb 2016 18:31

Just think about all the new people that might come to play here thx to a real blizzlike Wintergrasp (not that crappy OutdoorPvP version) :)

Kniteknite

#13 » Post by Kniteknite » 11 Feb 2016 08:08

THAT ...... is just .........Awesome ~ :D Thank You Very Much for Everything :tick: ~(Kk~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Kniteknite

#14 » Post by Kniteknite » 11 Feb 2016 08:12

Wilcox wrote:
Tenebro wrote:
exactly
Well check it, there used to be a blue ass ton of QQ about SoTa , but that was ironed out. I have a good feeling history with BG fixes will repeat itself so, look forward ~ Thanks NyeNye, and ccrs ~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Feb 2016 14:49

Expected Release Date: 18.02.2016