Development Q&A

Nyeriah

Development Q&A

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Dec 2015 16:37

DEVELOPMENT
Q&A
This is our Development Question & Answers thread. Ever had any questions regarding our server's development you'd like to ask? Is there something from the change logs that wasn't introduced clearly enough? Would you like to know the development status on something specific? Ask it here.

In general, this is the first stop on end-line community feedback. Here you'll have the opportunity to contact the ones working on your server directly and we'll be addressing your questions at the best of our capabilities.

This thread will follow certain rules that go as-is to remain always on-topic:
  • - Try to be specific and clear on your posts so they can be addressed efficiently. Badly formulated questions may not be addressed.
    - Off-topic will not be tolerated and will be removed very briefly.
---------
Q: Are there any plans in the future for a Cataclysm realm?
A: We'll most definitely never have a Cataclysm realm or progress TrueWoW to Cataclysm.
---------

Gnurg

Re: Development Q&A

#2 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Nov 2016 12:54

TrueWoW:
If we enabled cross-faction everywhere: chat, grouping, raids and dungeons (PW has this). How difficult would it be to set it up for arena and battlegrounds? I suppose faction unique stuff like certain npcs, objects (i.e. WSG flag), vehicles and achievement would be a problem.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Nov 2016 13:02

Gnurg wrote:TrueWoW:
If we enabled cross-faction everywhere: chat, grouping, raids and dungeons (PW has this). How difficult would it be to set it up for arena and battlegrounds? I suppose faction unique stuff like certain npcs, objects (i.e. WSG flag), vehicles and achievement would be a problem.
Gnurg there are some cross-faction battleground patches but it's a real mess. I have been trying to work with one to make it not so noisy but it has been really rough so far to tact it. They're also known to cause some issues and crashes that we need to be ready for as well.

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Nov 2016 13:17

Nyeriah wrote:
Gnurg wrote:TrueWoW:
Gnurg there are some cross-faction battleground patches but it's a real mess. I have been trying to work with one to make it not so noisy but it has been really rough so far to tact it. They're also known to cause some issues and crashes that we need to be ready for as well.
Where do the majority of problems lie?

If we use Warsong Gulch as an example, how much would work?
1. Can you queue up and end in team A or team H?
2. Do you resurrect at your team's spirit healer?
3. Can you damage the opponents and support your teammates, regardless of faction?
4. Can you pick up and return the flag?
5. Do you win if your team wins?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Nov 2016 13:32

I have no idea, I have never used that patch, but I believe most of the issues people report relate to higher end battlegrounds/battlefields, such as Sota, and even wintergrasp

Gnurg

#6 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Nov 2016 13:51

Nyeriah wrote:I have no idea, I have never used that patch, but I believe most of the issues people report relate to higher end battlegrounds/battlefields, such as Sota, and even wintergrasp
Oki, I see. I personally would sacrifice those higher end battlegrounds, to allow cross faction battlegrounds. The biggest concern for PvP is having 3 on 3 battlegrounds, which easily could be full battlegrounds should there be no faction restrictions.

With time and this being in place, we could eventually improve the system to include the more complicated battlegrounds.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE