Server Info on Wowstatus.net

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Darchrow
Donor

Server Info on Wowstatus.net

#1 » Post by Darchrow » 13 May 2013 16:22

i think this is the appropriate place to post this... if not, some GM relocate it, ty
anyway, jumping to the issue >
http://www.wowstatus.net/detail.php?server=695383
the details of the server need to be updated
this is currently it >
The errors i found, i highlighted them in red
The text in blue is added by me
realmlist: login.truewow.org
Core: Trinity Core (with some patches for fixes)
Database: Trinty Database (with quite some fixes that we created)

We're not a new server but already running for 30 months. We have quite some population but I am only trying to increase it with this topic. Our goal is to become a clone of what Blizzard used to be before Cataclysm came out.

Dedicated host specs:
Location: Chicago USA although most people including myself are from Europe. I have chosen the hostprovider because it gives a lot more than other companies for the same money.
Processor: Xeon E5620 Processor 2.4Ghz 12MB Cache quad core
Memory: 12 GB DDR3
HDD: 1 TB Seagate SATA Drive (7200 RPM)
Operating system: Linux, Ubuntu x64 (will be changed to Debian if I get the chance)
Connection: 100 mpbs full duplex 10 TB monthly bandwidth

Website: The website looks like the old retail website with about the same armory and forums. We have so called web points which are obtainable by either voting or donating. In the shop we have mostly redemption rewards that Blizzard asked money for like mounts/companions. It's also possible to buy heirlooms to assist in the leveling process. Most items require quite some voting/donating and we don't give any level 80 gear or custom crap. With these web points it's also possible to use one of the other tools: Character Re-Name/Re-Customization/Race Change/Faction Change.

Lag: Thanks to the good specs the server will never cause lag. But in the 90 minutes before the core update once a week there will be a few lag spikes. Any other lag is mostly caused by the client. If the growing population starts to cause lag then I will upgrade the dedicated host. From my tests the host only has like 2 ms latency to the outside world, but if you don't have some kind of NASA connection then it will probably be higher. From Europe with a (crappy) ADSL connection I have 120 ms latency.

Crashes: This depends on the population, currently it crashes about once a few days (3-5). There will be a few minutes downtime for automated backups and the rollback is never longer than 2 minutes. I am still learning about C++ and fixing crashes so I can only fix more crashes in the future. I already compile with debug information and get backtraces of every crash with GDB.

Security: 20 months ago I didn't have a lot of experience so we had some problems with hackers and stuff but what's a server if you can't learn from it? Currently it should almost be impossible to mess around with it. Blocked ports, DB access only to localhost, separate MySQL accounts with permissions for every job, security against SQL injections, security against DoS attacks, 100+ bits passwords. As for speed/fly and other "hacks" in game: We have an anticheat and GMs will confirm the anticheat reports themselves before banning.

Battlegrounds: All of them should be working even Isle of Conquest since the latest fixes, Strands of the Ancients still needs some fixes for tank immunities but it's playable. Isle of Conquest and Alterac Valley are not included in the Random Battleground but will be opened when the population allows it. (You need 20v20 which is only possible at peak times)

Arena: Ring of Valor is still closed like at most private servers. We want the ultimate gaming experience in arena so they will only get opened when 100% working. All other arenas work 100% ( not the only bugged arena )

Classes: Of course there are always some bugs with talents/abilties but compared to other servers we have a lot of them working. ( All classes estimated at 95% or higher fixed)

Quests: A lot of working quests and the best part is that I scripted a Quest Completer myself. With this website tool you can basically complete all bugged quests and just continue your chain without worries. We currently have about 750 quest in the list that are marked as bugged and can be completed with the Quest Completer, this list gets updated all the time based on reports and testing, the list can be found here. There are about 10000 quests so we have about 95% working.

Raid and Dungeon bugs (the ones not in the list are most likely working completely)

WotLK raids:
Crusaders' Coliseum: Trial of the Crusader ----- This should be pretty much working as intended at this moment
Icecrown Citadel ----- All bosses opened at all modes except for Gunship. LK works 95%. Only thing that isn't up to date is the valks. As they do bug sometimes, howevery very rare.
The Nexus: The Eye of Eternity ----- Seems like working but is still closed cause it was causing crashes.
Ulduar ----- Just some of the first bosses can be done
Vault of Archavon ----- Open and working 100%
Wyrmrest Temple: The Ruby Sanctum ----- closed due to 1 damage hits and no loots

WotLK dungeons:
Azjol-Nerub: Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom ----- Quite many bugs here, not recommended to do this instance.
Azjol-Nerub: Azjol-Nerub ----- Hadronox killed before you can get to him
Crusaders' Coliseum: Trial of the Champion ----- closed, bosses not attackable and not scripted
Drak'Tharon Keep ----- some not attackable mobs
Icecrown Citadel: Halls of Reflection ----- closed due to instance not scripted
The Nexus: The Oculus ----- Some bugs with drakes.

TBC raids:
- Black Temple is bugged, however Illidan can be defeated.
- SWP is also semi bugged, however doable.

TBC dungeons:
Hellfire Citadel: The Blood Furnace ----- Door to Broggok not opening

Classic raids:
Zul'Gurub ----- Some problems with Raptor boss.

Classic dungeons:
- no bugs

Dungeon Finder also works like it should.

Rules & Agreement

Not knowing the rules in no excuse!

Speak English, swear is allowed, as long as it's not excessive.
Do not make any racist comment. Discussions about racism are also forbidden.
"Trolling" is forbidden in global chat channels.
The usage of scripts and/or any tools or addons to speak in colours is strictly prohibited.
Linking to images or other media which are rude, obscene, racist and/or inappropriate for children (12+) will not be tolerated.
Do not use any hacks, exploits and any other form of cheats.
Multi boxing is forbidden. You should not use any programs to control multiple characters at once. You are allowed to use 2 characters at once by switching to the other window each time you want to control it. (isn't multiboxing allowed now? not sure at all though...)
Don't try to stay online with some anti afk method.
Do not exploit bugs! If you encounter any bug, report it.
Do not advertise for other private servers, websites, products or services.
Do not spam players in any way.
Do not use excesive caps.
Use global chat channel (world) only according to it's purpose, explained in here.
Win Trading in arena is not allowed, you will get your rating reduced to 0 and all your arena gear removed if you do so.
If you find yourself doing something that appears to cause crashes, immediately stop doing this and report this to a GM.
Don't ask GMs for items, gold, levels or any other unfair boost.
Don't pretend to be a GM and don't use an account or character name similar to a GM.
Don't waste GM's time.
Here is a guideline staff will use to punish you if you don't follow these rules.

You agree with the following:
Your account and all your characters will be DELETED if you don't login the game for 6 months. This is done so the database won't grow too big and we can keep the best performance.
You will be nothing more than a tester on this server and everything you do is for educational purposes.
We don't provide any guarantee because we are not a commercial organisation and we can ban someone whenever we think they should be banned even if it's not stated in the rules.If you don't like the server with all the bugs, we would recommend to purchase an account with Blizzard.

Character transfer: Being dicussed. Would only come from similar server rates/setups.

Recruit a Friend: We're currently working on a system that allows players to use this. Bring a friend into the world and grants him increased experience gain, and allows each other to summon each other at any given time (CD 30 minutes). ( should mention that's it's up and running already )

Facebook "Likes": Each marker of likes we hit, all accounts will be rewarded Web points.

Top voters: The top voters of each month get a rare mount. The mount(s) is unobtainable in any other way.

Voting system: Truewow has it's own unique voting system. This system makes it impossible to cheat, or exploit.

Arena Seasons: We currently have 4 month each arena seasons. These work just like in retail, except there's no introduction of near gear sets. Just titles and achievements given out.

Youtube: Enjoy making videos of your playing experience? Well Truewow has it's very own Youtube channel. All you need to do is send the videos that you've uploaded to Youtube (that were made on our server.) to our youtube account, and it'll be added to the main website for all to view! (http://www.truewow.org)
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Bluebell
Former Staff

Re: Server Info on Wowstatus.net

#2 » Post by Bluebell » 13 May 2013 16:35

Character transfer needs to be changed to "We do not currently support this feature", some of the language needs rewriting too, "swear is allowed". The battlegrounds and instances need updating, the RDF is buggy, could add twitter.

Same with this one, as well as the [img] tag not working on the site.

This one has some incorrect stuff too, like "SotA is working".

A lot of them use the same template for tags but don't fit it all in, like here, [vote point rewards] doesn't fit so it just says [Vote poin].
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Darchrow
Donor

#3 » Post by Darchrow » 13 May 2013 16:49

for this :
http://www.gtop100.com/worldofwarcraft/ ... ails-45140
there is
ToC working
ToC should be specified as Trial of the Crusader, because Trial of the Champion is also ToC and it's not working
TrueWoW
[Blizzlike 1x rates, no custom content] [Replicate Blizzard on Patch 3.3.5a][ICC normal+heroic working] [All arenas and seasons enabled] [No wipes/rollbacks, massive uptime] [Quest completer for bugged quests] [Complete Character Customization] [Vote point rewards] [Active GMs] [20,000 accounts]
AND ALSO, most importantly
[Blizzlike 1x rates, no custom content]
the extra experience from BGs is custom, should be also changed
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

kindzadza ily

Darchrow
Donor

#4 » Post by Darchrow » 13 May 2013 17:06

teh char list ( 80s ) :
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

kindzadza ily

Bluebell
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Bluebell » 13 May 2013 17:09

Well that's being updated again anyway, but basically, those things are really outdated and could probably do with a complete rewrite.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Roel
Founder

#6 » Post by Roel » 13 May 2013 17:12

If someone can modify my post at: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5480
I will copy it to wowstatus.