Forum rules link

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Arvit

Forum rules link

#1 » Post by Arvit » 27 Jan 2013 15:05

The new link to the forum rules just sends you to the normal rules http://www.truewow.org/?p=server&sub=rules.

I think it would be better if it redirected you to the forum rules http://www.truewow.org/?p=server&sub=po ... um_conduct because well the link says forum rules.

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: Forum rules link

#2 » Post by Doctor_J » 27 Jan 2013 16:37

Well believe there maybe some changes to rules soon but don't think anything is final yet.

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 27 Jan 2013 17:22

The link I put there sends you to the forum rules and i tested and it did exactly that. I'll take a look tomorrow.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Flexall
Donor

#4 » Post by Flexall » 27 Jan 2013 17:24

You can also make it to where the rules are displayed on each category, rather than send you to an external link. I ran a forum board with the rules summed up in a short paragraph so people can read it before posting. It's a lot more effective rather than sending users to a completely different page and then they click on another link, etc.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Intervention
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Intervention » 28 Jan 2013 02:12

It's not finished yet ;)
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Intervention » 28 Jan 2013 04:03

Strange, the in-game customer support one is the forum rules link, others aren't. I'll change it after work :D
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Flexall
Donor

#7 » Post by Flexall » 28 Jan 2013 04:07

Intervention wrote:Strange, the in-game customer support one is the forum rules link, others aren't. I'll change it after work :D
Just make the forum show the rules rather than the link. That way players can read the rules rather than click on links taking them to the rules. Yes, players are lazy but with this there will be no excuses seeing how it will be right in front of your face.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Intervention
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Intervention » 28 Jan 2013 05:09

I was thinking that but I'd rather show a link and then a description of that specific area for posting. Like instructions almost. You'll see.
Chicken, Fried Chicken