Report New Vote System Bugs Here

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Crysicle
Honorary Member

Re: Report New Vote System Bugs Here

#121 » Post by Crysicle » 01 Nov 2012 14:38

That site doesn't load with any browser for me anymore. :|
Movies you might not have seen:
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#122 » Post by Kindzadza » 01 Nov 2012 14:51

Check the firewall if it's blocking the site.

Doctor_J
Developer

#123 » Post by Doctor_J » 01 Nov 2012 14:51

Well I'm pretty sure somethings going on here but I don't have no evidence, there have been a few of the vote sites which have been down at some point over the past two months, usually 2-4 days d:

but yet theres still people who get full 20 pts each day from voting regardless, similary when Truewow was been ddosed did notice that there seemed to be people last month who still got full 20 pts per day while this was happening d:

narcissa

#124 » Post by narcissa » 01 Nov 2012 15:05

I too stopped getting votes from that site since few days.

EDIT: except just now >.>

Stix

#125 » Post by Stix » 05 Nov 2012 13:59

There is some kind of problem with the vote links redirecting. They often time out or fail. Going directly to the vote sites works fine, so it's a problem with the system. The links also redirect very laggy and slow when they do succeed.

Could some people be running some voting scripts?

Crysicle
Honorary Member

#126 » Post by Crysicle » 06 Nov 2012 13:19

Kindzadza wrote:Check the firewall if it's blocking the site.
Nope, it ain't blocking the site. I went to school and my friend's house to check on their computer if i could vote on that site and both of them have the same problem as i do, the site does not load. They each use different internet providers as well so i'm not sure what could be the problem here.
Magnolia                                 Mr. Nobody                               Hunger
The Fountain                          Das Experiment                        The Man from Nowhere
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil        Die Welle                                   World's Greatest Dad
Brick                                      Das Leben der Anderen           IP Man
Remember Me                       We Need to Talk About Kevin   Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring
Felon                                     Babel                                         Dog Pound

Arockalypse
Donor

#127 » Post by Arockalypse » 13 Nov 2012 13:13

http://www.mmorpgtoplist.com & http://www.xtremetop100.com
giving me "Can't connect to mySQL server" on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome Browsers, i won't bother trying on IE lol...
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Stix

#128 » Post by Stix » 14 Nov 2012 01:42

Stix wrote:There is some kind of problem with the vote links redirecting. They often time out or fail. Going directly to the vote sites works fine, so it's a problem with the system. The links also redirect very laggy and slow when they do succeed.

Could some people be running some voting scripts?
Maybe the following 2 sites are temp banning IPs:

For example, I visited both these websites quickly and perfectly just before trying to vote:

http://www.xtremetop100.com
http://www.mmorpgtoplist.com

However, once I clicked the Truewow vote links they failed and I could not access them any longer, even going to the home page:

http://www.xtremetop100.com/in.php?site=1132301955
http://www.mmorpgtoplist.com/in.php?site=27838

Then changing my IP address, I was able to acess them again.

Doctor_J
Developer

#129 » Post by Doctor_J » 20 Nov 2012 17:39

Yes I also seem to be having problems with : -

http://www.xtremetop100.com
http://www.mmorpgtoplist.com

When I open the voting page all of the images are displayed, I open first site go enter captcha and try to proceed and connection just times out then on voting page find this has happened

and neither of those 2 sites will work, if I close the voting page and wait a few minutes then refresh the voting site it will work,

I have a feeling those 2 sites are blocking ips due to the voting page constantly reloading.

Maybe its because of bandwidth issues because if people never close voting page and its constantly reloading images from the voting sites if a lot of people do this even though small images several people reloading every 30 seconds or so may add up to quiet a bit of bandwidth each month

Hero_kris

#130 » Post by Hero_kris » 24 Nov 2012 15:58

Hi guys, so the problem is with the vote sites - the 7th site from up to down says : "We are currently down for maintenance. Thanks for your patience!" - so that isnt from the truewow site , nor me right? And if not do you know when we will be able to vote there again? And one more - sometimes on the last two sites (up>down) I vote but do not receive vote points ? - Why is that and is there something I can do to fix this?
This is a block of text that is added to all your posts. - You can find it in ''Inbox>Profile>Edit signature'' and write the thing you want to be added to your posts. - I wrote this so people who dont know how to set this can see.

Intervention
Former Staff

#131 » Post by Intervention » 25 Nov 2012 03:36

If they are down for maintenance it's them not us, you'll sadly just have to wait.

By the last 2 sites do you mean xtremetop100 and mmorpglist? or the bottom of the list?

Anyway, make sure you type in the code correctly and then click the banner otherwise the point is not counted. Also make sure the page actually redirects back to us.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Hero_kris

#132 » Post by Hero_kris » 25 Nov 2012 09:19

Well by the last two I mean TopG.org and OpenWoW ,and yes I do all the things - type code , click banner and get redirected back to true but sometimes i dont get those points :{ and by the way when the vote sites banners do not appear correctly does that mean that they are bugged at the moment and should i click them ? And is that only to me {is it normal?} or is it for from the vote site to all truewow ?
This is a block of text that is added to all your posts. - You can find it in ''Inbox>Profile>Edit signature'' and write the thing you want to be added to your posts. - I wrote this so people who dont know how to set this can see.

Crysicle
Honorary Member

#133 » Post by Crysicle » 29 Nov 2012 21:33

Does anyone have trouble voting on http://wow.top-site-list.com? I get an error "We are currently down for maintenance. Thanks for your patience!", i am getting it for a few days now and am not sure if anyone else has such a problem, though top voters indicate that they do not.

http://i.imgur.com/SVkLS.png

Intervention
Former Staff

#134 » Post by Intervention » 30 Nov 2012 08:46

Yeah getting it too and i was always wondering about top voters =/ I was thinking maybe the IP switch gets around it and you get another vote from another site or something. No idea.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Hero_kris

#135 » Post by Hero_kris » 30 Nov 2012 15:07

Getting it too.Can we fix this?