Discord

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Nyeriah

Discord

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Oct 2019 20:31

Newcommers don't have permissions to write in any channel. Is that intended? Seems counterintuitive to have a support channel... that nobody can ask for support in.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Heihachi
Developer

Re: Discord

#2 » Post by Heihachi » 03 Oct 2019 23:02

Hi

The Live Support channel (via the applet on the bottom right hand corner) was created to compensate for this.
The intent is to allow anyone to join it and ask for help there (even without a registered account).

The rest of the channels now require you to have a registered account (verified by email) in order to talk there.
This was done in order to cut down on spam and advertising.

Regards,
Heihachi

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Oct 2019 23:31

Heihachi wrote:
03 Oct 2019 23:02
Hi

The Live Support channel (via the applet on the bottom right hand corner) was created to compensate for this.
The intent is to allow anyone to join it and ask for help there (even without a registered account).

The rest of the channels now require you to have a registered account (verified by email) in order to talk there.
This was done in order to cut down on spam and advertising.

Regards,
Heihachi
You might have forgotten to give people permissions to talk at #live-support then, because nobody can. Also, the applet errors all of the time but I guess the instability might be just part of the implementation process.

You can't send messages to the other channels unless you are part of the "member" group, which is not exactly granted automatically either. I reckon the meep bot gives that to people as they talk and since you can't talk, it's rather unreachable.

I am guessing you were meant to request staff members permission to talk in other channels? Might end up leading away more than just advertisers.

Anyways, thanks for whoever solved it for me. Good luck.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

Heihachi
Developer

#4 » Post by Heihachi » 04 Oct 2019 00:06

Live support has its purpose and allowing anyone to message in there isn't one of them. It's suppose to work with the applet which is having issues and is in the process of being installed on my server. Hopefully that will help with the errors. As for the members role that will be given by snuggles once I'm off work and finish that function.

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Oct 2019 00:24

That’s what I said: people can’t talk there using the applet (not registered users), or without the applet for that matter. I understand it might not be for everyone to use. Perhaps I should have paid better attention to how ambiguous some terms might be. I tried to say that no one could use it. And therefore the Discord server was unreachable.

Thanks for the explanation. Good job and good luck 👍🏻

...and sorry for the bother!
― Johnny R. Cash

Axis
Senior Game Master

#6 » Post by Axis » 05 Oct 2019 15:58

As of yesterday, the applet has been fixed and is now fully operational for all guest users.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.