Voting Challenge

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
hjason3
Donor

Voting Challenge

#1 » Post by hjason3 » 12 May 2017 00:29

So can someone explain to me how rewards work per month? Is the most points you can get a month 300? And does everyone that get 300 points receive rewards and what are the rewards? The one website has been acting up and the last link works good but it only lets you vote once every 24 hours by the website instead of 12 hours.. but still can hit 300 for the month just didn't know how rewards worked..

Fastor

Re: Voting Challenge

#2 » Post by Fastor » 15 May 2017 09:50

Maximum points per month = number of days X 20, in this month its 31days X 20 points = 620points total. Do not confuse with list "Top Voters Last Month" because it shows total amount devided by 2 (probably counting click per site not points because we used to have 10 sites to vote before they were obsolete, guess we can say its bugged now :P ).

So, what you need to do is to get 620 points in May to get to first spot and you and each other with same amount will get additional points and gold as reward each. Second and third place same thing but lesser amount of VP and gold.

Also all who are on first spot will be tossed into list and that list will be tossed into https://www.random.org/lists/ where names would be randomly sorted and one who is on top of list will get Chicken Mount.

PS: Forgot to say that whoever get at least 100points in a month would get additional points as reward, which is kinda nice for pets.

hjason3
Donor

#3 » Post by hjason3 » 18 May 2017 04:49

Sorry never seen a reply.. so you just divide it by 2.. I was confused like hey I can get first place easily if I just need 300.. 620 not so much since the one only lets you vote once every 24 hours and the other one has been acting up on their end

Brennus

#4 » Post by Brennus » 18 May 2017 07:17

Well, Fastor told you to divide by 2 because only the current month contenders are counted in points... All the other 2 tables show votes.

Dividing by 2 may not be that accurate now that they removed OpenWoW and increased vote points from two sites. But before that, we had 5 vote sites, and each vote awarded 2 points - max 20 points a day - you can (get points from) voting twice a day on each of those sites (hence why dividing by 2).

If you are so eager to help TW increase in population, you can vote more than 20 times a day (using proxies or the like) - it would certainly help - but you won't (read: shouldn't) get more than 20 points.
Spoiler:
If you (in one way or another) do get more than 20 points in a single day, you ought to open a bug report about how to reproduce it - so the staff would be able to correct it.
Just please, make that report PRIVATE (so only staff members are able to see it). That's for avoiding even more cheaters.
•     Currently No longer Once again retired (now it's for real)     •

hjason3
Donor

#5 » Post by hjason3 » 18 May 2017 10:37

Right I got ya know its votes for previous month not points thats where I was confused.. I remember it being 5 sites too just never really paid attention to the whole voting rewards thing I just voted to help out the server and to get web points.