GTOP 100 not working

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
kuledude

GTOP 100 not working

#1 » Post by kuledude » 27 Sep 2016 12:15

I verified the captcha and i clicked the Truewow Banner after that but it didn't seem to work on the GTOP 100 site. Didn't get the vote points and if i tried to repeat the steps it would say "You need to wait 12 more hours" at the captcha part as if the vote worked. Is it a bug or im missing something?

Kniteknite

Re: GTOP 100 not working

#2 » Post by Kniteknite » 27 Sep 2016 12:27

Happens to me sometimes, in that case I go to select game , then wow at bottom of drop down list, and the click banner all the same , vote counts all the same from what I've heard
Last edited by Kniteknite on 27 Sep 2016 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Nymunne
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Nymunne » 27 Sep 2016 12:30

kuledude wrote:I verified the captcha and i clicked the Truewow Banner after that but it didn't seem to work on the GTOP 100 site. Didn't get the vote points and if i tried to repeat the steps it would say "You need to wait 12 more hours" at the captcha part as if the vote worked. Is it a bug or im missing something?
Here is how voting works:
Xtreme Top 100 - Vote and then click on the TrueWow banner from the server list > earn 2 VP.
OpenWoW - solve the capcha, vote and then click on the TrueWow banner from the server list > earn 2 VP.
Top 100 Arena - solve the capcha and then press the vote, refresh the vote page and you will see another 2 VP.
Gtop.org - solve the capcha and then press the vote, refresh the vote page and you will see another 2 VP.
Gtop 100 - click on the second link where it says "link: vote for Truewow....", refresh the vote page and you will see another 2 VP added.

If you done all this right you will see that you earned the 10 VP for the first round of voting. There can also be issues with the browser you are using so you can try something different (I'm currently using Mozilla Firefox and it works fine for me for all 5 sites).

There are times when sites are either down or they just loop/bug. In such cases it's better to wait as the issue cannot be fixed from our side.

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 27 Sep 2016 13:27

When I vote, I just enter the captcha -> CTRL+F "truewow" -> Click banner and get redirected back to the page.
At some vote sites you have to click "Enter" or something, as it will on banner click only redirect you to "view-more" page.

With this being said, Nymunne's post is on-point :)

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash