Post colours according to group for Etrobian Second

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.

Do you want coloured posts for Etrobian Second?

Poll ended at 23 Aug 2016 06:55

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 15

Etro
Honorary Member

Post colours according to group for Etrobian Second

#1 » Post by Etro » 16 Aug 2016 06:55

Since the staff has united under one majestic colour, I would feel comfortable on applying this for Etrobian Second. It used to be like that for Etrobian Default, but staff colours were forced changed to blue (imagine reading red walls of text) on that theme and I couldn't do the same with Etrobian Second since it is an official and default theme for the server. Now that reason is no longer valid, so I ask you guys.

Now, for example:

- Staff posts would be like this by default.

- Donors posts would be like this by default.

And so on for every special user group... (group colours in this post might be a bit off but it's just for the example's sake).
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Relina

Re: Post colours according to group

#2 » Post by Relina » 16 Aug 2016 07:54

Voted yes for Etrobian 2nd, wish I could vote yes for both themes.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Fastor

Re: Post colours according to group

#3 » Post by Fastor » 16 Aug 2016 08:24

Etro wrote:Since the staff has united under one majestic colour, I would feel comfortable on applying this for Etrobian Second. It used to be like that for Etrobian Default, but staff colours were forced changed to blue (imagine reading red walls of text) on that theme and I couldn't do the same with Etrobian Second since it is an official and default theme for the server. Now that reason is no longer valid, so I ask you guys.

Now, this poll will include options for both themes. So I will be taking into account the wishes of users for each theme individually.

Now, for example:

And so on... (group colours in this post might be a bit off but it's just for the example's sake).
It is impossible to vote twice on your pool, make separate topic. Not sure why should Donors have special color of their writing?

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: Post colours according to group for Etrobian Second

#4 » Post by Etro » 16 Aug 2016 13:16

Fastor wrote:
Etro wrote:Since the staff has united under one majestic colour, I would feel comfortable on applying this for Etrobian Second. It used to be like that for Etrobian Default, but staff colours were forced changed to blue (imagine reading red walls of text) on that theme and I couldn't do the same with Etrobian Second since it is an official and default theme for the server. Now that reason is no longer valid, so I ask you guys.

Now, this poll will include options for both themes. So I will be taking into account the wishes of users for each theme individually.

Now, for example:

And so on... (group colours in this post might be a bit off but it's just for the example's sake).
It is impossible to vote twice on your pool, make separate topic. Not sure why should Donors have special color of their writing?
Everyone within a special user group will have coloured posts. Staff and donors were just examples.

Separated polls, so this one just resetted.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Eronox
MVP

#5 » Post by Eronox » 16 Aug 2016 14:09

I'd prefer having posts White, blue for Admins.
Personally I think having donor color along with excessive blue text would destroy the design

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Jiranthos
Admin

#6 » Post by Jiranthos » 16 Aug 2016 15:48

Eronox wrote:I'd prefer having posts White, blue for Admins.
Personally I think having donor color along with excessive blue text would destroy the design
Everyone had their own color in Etrobian Default, and I absolutely loved it. It didn't destroy the design at all, it made me absolutely love it and deem it the best forum design I have ever laid eyes on.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gnurg

#7 » Post by Gnurg » 16 Aug 2016 16:09

Same as Eronox, I would have one color for staff members and one for the rest. No need to seperate the different groups for each post.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Eronox
MVP

#8 » Post by Eronox » 26 Aug 2016 21:44

I have to say, again, that this update with the colors totally did destroy my userexperience in these forums. I'd suggest a feature, or theme-copy, for the user to be able to turn this knockdown off. (Etrobian)

Edit: I actually are going to throw my full opinion: this is fucking shit, an idea who totally destroyed the Etrobian theme. Please excuse me for my choice of words, but it had to be written to ensure you understand how badly this decreased the user-experience. And I'm not only talking from my own opinions.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 26 Aug 2016 21:48

Having turn on and off switch would be best solution.

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 26 Aug 2016 21:52

Fastor wrote:Having turn on and off switch would be best solution.
Second this, strongly

- J.R Cash

Etro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Etro » 26 Aug 2016 22:36

Yeah, I don't like it much either. I will work on an optional version for it soon.