Character transfer questions

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
mbtold

Character transfer questions

#1 » Post by mbtold » 06 Jul 2016 03:00

I haven't played WoW for quite a few years, actually I stopped right before Cata. I'm interested in starting to play again but haven't liked the changes Blizz has made in the past few years, and this seems like a really good server. My question is, since my WoW account hasn't been active for such a long time, what needs to happen on my end to apply for a transfer...or is a transfer of such an old account even possible? If so, would one of those trial accounts work to get the screenshots required for the transfer? Or do I need to pay for a month of game time? If I've overlooked this answer and these question have already been answered by other threads, I apologize, and please point me in the right direction please.

Thank you in advance

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: Character transfer questions

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 06 Jul 2016 04:38

You do not need an active subscription. When you log in retail, your characters above level 20 will be marked as inactive but that's okay. Please navigate to the transfer page from the top menu and find retail related information and guides there. We'll need two specific screenshots, they're going to need to be exactly like the ones in the guide examples. When you find the guide, the latest posts take priority over older, so watch out for that. Also, any character level 60+ can be transferred to TrueWoW, but only level 100 characters can be transferred to PrimalWoW, so note that. And finally, you can only have 1 transfer, so choose wisely if you have multiple characters. If, say, you transfer a paladin to TrueWoW, you will not be able to transfer another character, say, mage anymore.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Nymunne
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Nymunne » 06 Jul 2016 09:19

You can find the transfer system and information with more detail here.
Retail transfer guide here.
Retail transfer page and information (keep in mind that the transfer page is not fully updated so the first link might be more useful) here

mbtold

#4 » Post by mbtold » 06 Jul 2016 15:09

Ahh, that was the piece of the puzzle I was missing; I did not know that you could still log onto retail with an inactive account. Back when I was playing, when you ran out of paid time, you couldn't log in at all. I'll work on getting a retail version up and going and hopefully get a request submitted within the next few days. Thanks Jiranthos and Nymunne!