New Miscellaneous Ladders page

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Etro
Honorary Member

New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#1 » Post by Etro » 27 Apr 2016 04:27

I made my very first page, with php code included, "all by myself" (albeit with Nyeriah's teachings and guidance, that's why the quotes in "all by myself" :P)

Miscellaneous Ladders

It's a simple page that shows the top 100 characters with most quests completed, mounts and pets owned depending on the realm and faction you choose. There's a link to the page in the "Community" submenu along with the other ladders.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: New Quests Ladder page

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 27 Apr 2016 06:21

Nice work! I was waiting for something like this for a long time! One question though: Why is it so different (for TrueWoW at least) from http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 05#p164805 ? If you go go the last page of that thread, you'll see you yourself posted the data, and top 100 people all have at least 3.5k quests done, whereas your ladder shows me a bunch of people with 2k. Also that thread shows top 2 as having 5k+, whereas your new ladder loads top 2 with 4.1k+ and both sources have pretty much entirely different people except for a few they have in common.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 27 Apr 2016 07:37

You know its bugged when you dont see me on top of the list.

Etro
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Etro » 27 Apr 2016 09:53

Jiranthos wrote:Nice work! I was waiting for something like this for a long time! One question though: Why is it so different (for TrueWoW at least) from http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 05#p164805 ? If you go go the last page of that thread, you'll see you yourself posted the data, and top 100 people all have at least 3.5k quests done, whereas your ladder shows me a bunch of people with 2k. Also that thread shows top 2 as having 5k+, whereas your new ladder loads top 2 with 4.1k+ and both sources have pretty much entirely different people except for a few they have in common.
I was guessing the criteria in the query and it seems I got it wrong, but I found it now and it will prolly be fixed tomorrow when my commit is pushed. Thanks for pointing it out.

"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 27 Apr 2016 10:05

Hm, now that this all started, l had one feature in mind which we had on Bloodcraft but l never somehow suggested it to have it. I guess now is perfect moment.

On Bloodcraft we did not had Quest ladder true, but if you clicked someone on Achi list you would open tab of that character and could switch to Done Quests tab. Now mine idea is, if you click player on your list, you would get list of quests that player did. Is that possible?

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#6 » Post by Tenebro » 13 May 2016 16:14

Etro wrote:
Jiranthos wrote:Nice work! I was waiting for something like this for a long time! One question though: Why is it so different (for TrueWoW at least) from http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 05#p164805 ? If you go go the last page of that thread, you'll see you yourself posted the data, and top 100 people all have at least 3.5k quests done, whereas your ladder shows me a bunch of people with 2k. Also that thread shows top 2 as having 5k+, whereas your new ladder loads top 2 with 4.1k+ and both sources have pretty much entirely different people except for a few they have in common.
I was guessing the criteria in the query and it seems I got it wrong, but I found it now and it will prolly be fixed tomorrow when my commit is pushed. Thanks for pointing it out.

ladder still not updated from what I see

Etro
Honorary Member

#7 » Post by Etro » 13 May 2016 17:52

The platform that I was using to test the things that I would later commit to the website became unavailable the same day that I did that post and it has been since then, so I couldn't finish some filters that I was adding and I don't want to commit it like that.

Though, recently, I was told that they would try to set me up a platform to continue to work on by next week. So if it's up by next week, then I'll be able to update the Quests Ladder page among other stuff.

Etro
Honorary Member

#8 » Post by Etro » 22 May 2016 14:56

Thanks to Roel, I can start working on the website again =D.

So, the query for the quest ladder has been fixed and faction filters have been properly added.

Jiranthos
Admin

#9 » Post by Jiranthos » 22 May 2016 15:29

Etro wrote:Thanks to Roel, I can start working on the website again =D.

So, the query for the quest ladder has been fixed and faction filters have been properly added.
Nice, there's definitely ton of improvement, although something still seems off to me.
I couldn't find myself on the TrueWoW Both-Factions list, so I clicked on Alliance-only and found myself there, I am #24 with 3755 quests completed. Then I went back to Both-Factions and looked for who else has 3755 or just a little above or less and noticed Jengawenga (ally) has 3777 (second one with more than me), Ira (horde) has 3775 (first one with more than me), Durin (ally) has 3755 (same as me), Thazz (horde) has 3743 (first one with less than me).

The lowest amount of quests completed for the both-faction list seems to be 3506 at the moment (with Crywolf having that and being #91).
So where's my paladin? :P It's not on the both-factions list although I am above Thazz.

Not that I care about myself that much, I just want to help catch bugs / point out somethings and the easiest way for me to do it was to cross-check with myself.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Gnurg

#10 » Post by Gnurg » 22 May 2016 15:44

Nice job so far, Etro. :-)

How many quests are the maximum you can reach? Might want to try to move up on this list myself. :o
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Tenebro » 22 May 2016 15:57

Suggestion: can you make ladder show only the quests you've done on your faction instead of both since there is no way to reach first 2 positions in ladder without faction changing
Last edited by Tenebro on 22 May 2016 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

Fastor

#12 » Post by Fastor » 22 May 2016 16:05

Tenebro wrote:Suggestion: can you make ladder show only the quests you've done on your faction instead of both since there is not way to reach first 2 positions in ladder without faction changing
+1

Jiranthos
Admin

#13 » Post by Jiranthos » 22 May 2016 16:08

My issue is fixed, thank you. :)

Etro
Honorary Member

#14 » Post by Etro » 22 May 2016 16:14

Tenebro wrote:Suggestion: can you make ladder show only the quests you've done on your faction instead of both since there is not way to reach first 2 positions in ladder without faction changing
I don't know. I'm not even sure how that query would look like. But I think it's fair to not filter that, as it' is still part of the effort that player went through to get to that number.

Added guilds to the info, for some guild pride I guess.

Jiranthos
Admin

#15 » Post by Jiranthos » 22 May 2016 16:21

Etro wrote:
I don't know. I'm not even sure how that query would look like. But I think it's fair to not filter that, as it' is still part of the effort that player went through to get to that number.

Added guilds to the info, for some guild pride I guess.
Sounds like a pain. You would probably need to check the current faction of the player and then have a list of alliance quests and horde quest id's (pretty much all of them) and not-count the ones that are of the other faction in a looped if-clause or something. This would make the page load slow, too, I believe.