New Miscellaneous Ladders page

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Etro
Honorary Member

Re: New Miscellaneous Ladders page

#46 » Post by Etro » 17 Jul 2016 20:14

Errorista wrote:There was fix for daily/repeatable quests which counted for total, now it should be more accurate actually.
That is the reason as far as we know. There was a change on how completed quests were counted as. The same numbers can be seen in the armory statistics. Nothing was changed in the ladder.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Nyeriah

#47 » Post by Nyeriah » 17 Jul 2016 20:22

Auto complete quests are apparently no longer being counted either.

Jiranthos
Admin

#48 » Post by Jiranthos » 17 Jul 2016 20:28

The quest ladder currently shows 88 places, whereas the title says Top 100. I understand that some share places and there are 100 people altogether, but I prefer the way armoury does it. http://truewow.org/armory/achladderload.php Where there are 100 places shown, (skipping ranks after those that are shared).

Just a suggestion, if you are at all interested in it, maybe just for consistency's sake.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Etro
Honorary Member

#49 » Post by Etro » 18 Jul 2016 02:43

Jiranthos wrote:The quest ladder currently shows 88 places, whereas the title says Top 100. I understand that some share places and there are 100 people altogether, but I prefer the way armoury does it. http://truewow.org/armory/achladderload.php Where there are 100 places shown, (skipping ranks after those that are shared).

Just a suggestion, if you are at all interested in it, maybe just for consistency's sake.
I understand what you mean, but the score numbers of the achievement ladder are way bigger than the quests ladder and even more so than pets and mounts ladder. Misc ladders works with numbers below 200, so the chances of ranks being shared are much higher and it increases the lower the rank is. For example, mounts ladder alone doesn't reach rank 50 with even 400 results. To show 100 ranks we would be nearing 1000 results and pagination and the page load would be incredibly slow and even potentially freeze just from the multiple repeated queries it would need to do just to find the correct results limits.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Jiranthos
Admin

#50 » Post by Jiranthos » 18 Jul 2016 04:08

Yeah, I understand, nevermind then. It's just a small thing anyway.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#51 » Post by Tenebro » 09 Aug 2016 00:12

Realm First ladder is missing for a while also on arena ladder if I want to check other pages than first one I can't, when I click to change to other page nothing happens. Also 1 more thing, in HK ladder if someone delete his char it will still appear there, place 13 and 31 are taken by deleted chars http://www.truewow.org/armory/hkladder.php?realm=t . I hope it's ok I wrote it here, didn't wanted to open new thread just for these little details.

Also was thinking maybe you could make a ladder for feat of strenght achievs if that's not too hard and if you got time for such thing, it could look like the miscellaneous ladder or something like that to fit in both achievements and FoS ladders, just an idea.

Etro
Honorary Member

#52 » Post by Etro » 10 Aug 2016 03:22

Tenebro wrote:Realm First ladder is missing for a while also on arena ladder if I want to check other pages than first one I can't, when I click to change to other page nothing happens. Also 1 more thing, in HK ladder if someone delete his char it will still appear there, place 13 and 31 are taken by deleted chars http://www.truewow.org/armory/hkladder.php?realm=t . I hope it's ok I wrote it here, didn't wanted to open new thread just for these little details.

Also was thinking maybe you could make a ladder for feat of strenght achievs if that's not too hard and if you got time for such thing, it could look like the miscellaneous ladder or something like that to fit in both achievements and FoS ladders, just an idea.
Those ladders are part of the armory. That's Nuko's kingdom.

http://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9263

Maybe there could be a FoS ladder. I'll see about that when I have time.

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#53 » Post by Tenebro » 24 Aug 2016 22:40

Currently 1st place from companions ladder can't be reached cuz branhos got some companions from omega wow that aren't obtainable here (I guess from that lottery system they had there or maybe vote shop), he got 160 but on truewow you can reach around 155 with in game + vote shop ones.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#54 » Post by Errorista » 25 Aug 2016 10:47

He has 5 extra pets afaik indeed.

Gnurg

#55 » Post by Gnurg » 25 Aug 2016 10:55

Just add those 5 to the vote shop?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Liqueur
Honorary Member

#56 » Post by Liqueur » 01 Sep 2016 17:34

Or just modify it the way I suggested, only including the pets that are obtainable on TrueWoW in any way.
Liqueur ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (PvE Ret/PvP Holy)
Caffeine ~ level 80 Undead Warrior (Fury/Prot)
Narcotic ~ level 80 Undead Priest (Disc/Shadow)
Megalomaniac ~ level 80 Orc Death Knight (UH DPS/Frost-Blood hybrid tank)
Lemuria ~ level 80 Troll Hunter (MM/BM)
Daisy ~ level 80 Tauren Druid (Balance/Resto)
Eszti ~ level 80 Human Warlock (Destro/Affli)
Gummybear ~ level 80 Blood Elf Paladin (Holy/Prot)
Lazy ~ level 80 Troll Rogue (Combat)
Foamy ~ level 80 Troll Priest (Holy/Shadow)
Bloodcow ~ level 80 Tauren Death Knight (Blood Tank/Blood DPS)
Neuroticfish ~ level 80 Night Elf Druid (Feral Cat/Bear)
Soilbleed ~ level 80 Orc Shaman (Enha/Resto)
Anemia ~ level 80 Blood Elf Mage (Fire/FFB)
Rottenmaiden ~ level 60 Undead Warlock

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#57 » Post by Tenebro » 16 Dec 2016 00:43

I keep losing from my completed quests on ladder for no reason. I did today 2 quests from winter veil and I went from 3764 to 3766 and now I checked the ladder and I have 3758. In the past couple of months I also lost 2-3 or more quests like that without completing any quest or doing anything related to quests at all.

Any idea what's causing this?

Gnurg

#58 » Post by Gnurg » 16 Dec 2016 00:48

Tenebro wrote:I keep losing from my completed quests on ladder for no reason. I did today 2 quests from winter veil and I went from 3764 to 3766 and now I checked the ladder and I have 3758. In the past couple of months I also lost 2-3 or more quests like that without completing any quest or doing anything related to quests at all.

Any idea what's causing this?
They did do a broadcast about reseting Winter Veil quest. Does the ammount of WV quest match with the loss?
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Nyeriah

#59 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Dec 2016 00:49

Seasonal Winter Veil quests were reset this evening. I assume the quests for the gift packs and the other quests around would round up about 6 quests or so, perhaps more

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#60 » Post by Tenebro » 16 Dec 2016 01:10

Then I guess that's the reason I lost few quests. Can there be a reset for all the seasonal event quests that are repeatable every year such as pumpkins from hallow's end or elders from lunar festival and so on since I guess they will need to be reseted before event starts anyway?