BBCode and [img] question

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

BBCode and [img] question

#1 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 12 Mar 2016 17:38

My signature (.gif) was designed for a white background and is transparent. Is there a way to change the background color behind an img with BBCode? I've tried wrapping it in [bgcolor], [background], and [color] with the parameter white and hexcode for white.

Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Naxp

Re: BBCode and [img] question

#2 » Post by Naxp » 12 Mar 2016 18:01

BBcode can not change the BG to transparent.

However, upon the creation of the gif,
Photoshop wrote:From the File menu select Save As... and save the image as a GIF. A window will prompt you for colour options — make sure the Transparent option is checked
Using the magic wand or lasso tool, select the area you want to be transparent.
Note: You may want to experiment a few times with the tolerance and anti-aliasing settings to get just the right selection.
Hit the Delete button. The selected area is removed and a checkered background becomes visible. This background is not part of the image — it is there to show you which parts of the image will be transparent.

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#3 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 12 Mar 2016 19:19

Thanks for the response. However, I'm trying to go in the other direction - the gif is already transparent and does not look good on a black background. I was hoping to find a fix through BBCode instead of editing the gif itself.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

offheal

#4 » Post by offheal » 12 Mar 2016 20:18

i am not sure gif is not the best option for this. make all edges sharp avoid blur.
to select only few pixels of visible edge in PS you can invert selection of trans background and reduce selection area slightly. now you can operate on edge only.

Naxp

#5 » Post by Naxp » 12 Mar 2016 22:34

Fitzpatrick wrote:Thanks for the response. However, I'm trying to go in the other direction - the gif is already transparent and does not look good on a black background. I was hoping to find a fix through BBCode instead of editing the gif itself.
gotcha, well TW doesnt support BBcode's bg property.
[bgcolor="red"] Sample Text [/bgcolor]
so you may change the gif's background to the color you want instead of having it as transparent