Feedback Center

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Nyeriah

Feedback Center

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Jan 2016 03:22

Feedback Center
Introduction
As most of you should be aware, I have been working on the old "Staff Reviews" page project for about a year now. At first, the first concept of it was simple - those who've seen through my progress probably remember it - and limited: there was the staff profile page and a questionnaire, offering the option to cast a suggestion to the staff member at the end.

While that would probably suffice, I decided to go further into it and design the last word in interpersonal community - the Feedback Center. Offering two different modules, and hosting the Quality Analysis reviews, the Feedback Center now offers quite a consistent set of channels from which players can choose to express their opinions.

In short, it's intended to be an easy, less painful way, for players to communicate with us and we answer them back.

Modules
Quick Feedback (http://www.truewow.org/Feedback?m=2)
  • This is the general-purpose review module. Here they can cast short messages about anything (no specific thematic required).

Important notes
    • - Can be accessed by any staff member.
      - Messages are anonymous, only admins can see the messenger's name.
      - 1 day cooldown after response from staff is given.
      - No special requirements (anyone can cast them so long they have an in-game character).
      - A random message shows up to a staff member every time they open the module, they can choose to answer it or skip it. Refreshing the page assigns a new random message.
      - Messages are wiped 1 month after the response date.
      - Positive feedback will be posted at the FC landing page (not scripted yet, not entirely sure about this one).
      - A personal message is sent to the reviewer once a response is given, responses are also available at the Quick Feedback module for a day.
Page Overview
Staff Reviews - (http://www.truewow.org/Feedback?m=0)
  • This module is a mirror of the old project; an improved replica. Basically, it first presents itself with the introduction and a combobox from which the user can select the staff to be reviewed. Once a staff selected, it'll load the selected staff's profile.

Important notes:
    • - 3 days cooldown on reviews
      - Players are notified in-game by a mail once their reviews receive a response
Profile Overview

Edit Profile Overview
Staff Structure - (http://www.truewow.org/Feedback?m=1)
  • This is an adapted copy of my Staff Structure thread. The purpose of it is to show players what each rank is responsible of and how we work internally.
User - My Reviews - (http://www.truewow.org/Feedback?m=3)
  • Displays the full list of reviews cast by your forum account. Click the "view more" button to view the entire review.
    - Added a very basic evaluation system that gives the average score of the given questionnaire. The score starts at 100 and is decreased by 20 for each "Very Poor" reply and 10 for each "Poor" reply. The other responses do not affect the score. Cosmetic stuff, just for fun. This is set for the 5 objective questions only, not the ones that talk about the server, etc.
View More
  • Shows the full review, the questionnaire, the suggestion, date, etc and the staff response (if already responded). Until a response from staff is given, the reviews can be edited by the author. After that, they're locked and can no longer be edited.

As always, any further suggestions and questions can be posted in this thread.

Regards

Naxp

Re: Feedback Center

#2 » Post by Naxp » 12 Apr 2016 17:14

Is this an abandoned project? It's indeed nice and very effective for the communitys best.

Sry for Necro
Sry for not using invisible super tags in searchbar as Nymunne expects me to do

Nyeriah

Re: Feedback Center

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Apr 2016 18:41

Abandoned project? It was live for 3 months, nobody used it. Right now there are other priorities so it'll stay in the background for a while