Etro's TrueWoW Themes log

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: Etro's TrueWoW Themes log

#61 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 16 May 2015 06:24

awesome :D
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#62 » Post by Kindzadza » 16 May 2015 12:15

Etro is it me or the logo is too dark? Maybe use lighter color on the borders, but other than that it looks great.

Careless

#63 » Post by Careless » 16 May 2015 14:49

Its not too dark.
Last edited by Guest on 22 Aug 2015 09:12, edited 2 times in total.

Etro
Honorary Member

#64 » Post by Etro » 16 May 2015 21:40

I will try those things.

But what about the index concept? The banner and the news? I might end up leaving the banner layout just like it is right now.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Careless

#65 » Post by Careless » 16 May 2015 23:30

Just leave it.
Last edited by Guest on 22 Aug 2015 09:12, edited 2 times in total.

tongclub62

#66 » Post by tongclub62 » 22 May 2015 04:40

this code is put into practice.

Etro
Honorary Member

#67 » Post by Etro » 22 May 2015 06:23

If you're asking if this is supposed to be live already; no. These changes are for when the forums are updated to phpbb 3.1.x, if it happens.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Etro
Honorary Member

#68 » Post by Etro » 01 Jun 2015 04:44

Just a little update.

I will be using a new method for symmetrical images - i.e, the headerbar background, post background, etc -. The image is split in half, then duplicated and, finally, one half is flipped horizontally and is put to the opposite side of the element. This would cut in half the sizes of the already optimized images, improving loading performance even further.

Etro
Honorary Member

#69 » Post by Etro » 23 Jun 2015 13:26

Part of the method above also enables me to change some visual attributes of the background images, which can be used for the post background of staff members without having to load a different background.

Unfortunately, Internet Explorer users, of desktop and mobile, won't be able to enjoy the perk of these methods as the browser doesn't support them. Instead, they will have to load more and complete images.

As things are going, despite of having more images and of higher resolution, Etrobian Second might end up weighting less and being faster to load than Truewow Ice

NekroBlake

#70 » Post by NekroBlake » 23 Jun 2015 15:12

Took my time to go through the whole thread and see the various changes and stuff, and I must say, the new concept looks amazing! The logo is fantastic, the layout is so smooth and minimal (something that I love in a layout), and overall, I really love the final outcome!

Great job, Etro, can't wait to see this online!
[hide]Horde
Zakenna (80) Undead Warlock - Affliction PvE || Demonology PvE
Nundead (80) Undead Priest - Discipline PvE || Shadow PvE
Alliance
Notzakenna (80) Gnome Warlock - Demonology PvE || Demo-Destro hybrid PvE[/hide]

Etro
Honorary Member

#71 » Post by Etro » 09 Aug 2015 21:36

Thanks, NekroBlake.

After being stuck for a while, we're not stuck anymore and good progress has been done recently with the website update =D I was so happy with the progress that I gave myself time to work on a small treat: a new Youtube BBCode
This BBCode will contain the video in a dropdown, which after clicking it, only then the video will load. This means that pages full of videos won't load all of the videos at the same time,which would make the the browser lag considerably. Instead, you will load what you choose to watch.

Relina

#72 » Post by Relina » 09 Aug 2015 22:11

Etro wrote:Thanks, NekroBlake.

After being stuck for a while, we're not stuck anymore and good progress has been done recently with the website update =D I was so happy with the progress that I gave myself time to work on a small treat: a new Youtube BBCode
This BBCode will contain the video in a dropdown, which after clicking it, only then the video will load. This means that pages full of videos won't load all of the videos at the same time,which would make the the browser lag considerably. Instead, you will load what you choose to watch.
<3 you for this Etro, can't wait till this portion is applied to the website :).
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Etro
Honorary Member

#73 » Post by Etro » 07 Sep 2015 14:51

Certain truewowice theme bugs that appear when seeing the website with Microsoft Edge will be fixed in the next website update (most of them, at least. Def an EdgeHTML problem. Honestly, I don't recommend using Edge at all).

Nyeriah

#74 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Sep 2015 21:18

Etro, this is mostly OCD but could you center the footer? At 3.14 it looks a bit... off, no idea

http://update.truewow.org/

Etro
Honorary Member

#75 » Post by Etro » 25 Sep 2015 21:39

Yeah, I can. I didn't do it before because that part uses a float right dependant script that hides the links according to the footer's available space in a sandwich menu, so it is not as simple as one would imagine. It is not that hard too. I just thought I wouldn't bother if no one would mind, but if someone does; sure I'll do it.