PvPstats system: FAQ/feedback/reports/suggestions

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
ShinDarth
Donor

PvPstats system: FAQ/feedback/reports/suggestions

#1 » Post by ShinDarth » 21 Nov 2014 17:04

With last core update, PvPstats was introduced.
What is PvPstats?

PvPstats is an open source statistical system that allows to store and display data about Battleground scores. It consists in a core modification (storing the datas) and a web application (showing it).

How does it work?

Each time a Battleground ends, PvPstats stores the winner faction, the bracket level range, and final scores about players (the datas you can see when the BattleGround ends in the score window, so you no longer need to take screenshots for it).

What about those classifications?

PvPstats fetches the total amount of victories of players in Battleground and it's able to display them dividing by brackets level and by date, showing who is winning more and where & when. There is also an overall classification which sum all datas showing the top hundred players and guilds.

What about guilds?

As said, to each player is assigned a score, which is the amount of her/his victories in BattleGround. This value is bound to the player. The victories of guilds are the amount of victories of each current guild member.

Why is it showing only victories instead of win/loss ratio?

I designed this tool to create more PvP-competition while encourage to join more BGs at the same time. In this way, the more BattleGrounds you join, the more chance you have to increase your scores. From this point of view, you personally do not have anything to lose when you join a BattleGround.

Can I access to statistics from mobile devices?

Yes, the web application is designed to fit with smartphone and tablets too. The layout will adapt to your device, if this doesn't happen, please report it.

Is there a way to in-game access to the data stored by the PvPstats system?

For now, I've developed just a very simple command, the .pvpstats command, available in game which just shows the overall scores of the two factions of last 7 days. That's just to handy-check the recent general situation. I do not exclude the possibility of extending this command, if there is interest in it.

I see other servers using PvPstats, how is it possible?

I though PvPstats for the TrueWoW community but, since it is free and open source software, is possible for others to use it.
It is released under the GNU GPL license, as well as TrinityCore.

How is it written and how can I access to the source code?

PvPstats system is written using C++, SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript languages and using Bootstrap, jQuery, Sortable framework/libraries. To see the core-part source code you have to look into TrinityCore sources, the web-part source code is available here.

What about new features?

I plan to add new features:

- show the internal scores of each guild, showing who contributes more in bringing the guild to top
- show the average of played battlegrounds per day for each bracket

I'm a bit busy at the moment, so I can't tell you when I can work on them. Meanwhile, other suggestions are welcome.

Please post here your feedback, suggestions or issue reports. Thanks!
Last edited by ShinDarth on 24 Feb 2015 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Former GamingConsortium developer

Creator of PvPstats

Former 70-79 Twink player - M/Nadrine (Destruction Warlock)

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: PvPstats system: FAQ/feedback/reports/suggestions

#2 » Post by Kindzadza » 21 Nov 2014 17:20

The system is a very nice feature to have and I hope more servers will implement your work. However if there is anyone with web design knowledge I'd like to change the layout of the page:

- logo at the top to return you to the main page or even the entire menu but that would interfere with the level brackets menu afaik unless we rearrange the page entirely;
- some nice PvP background.

That's it for now I guess.. If anything else pops my mind I will post back here. :)

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 21 Nov 2014 17:23

Kindzadza wrote: - logo at the top to return you to the main page or even the entire menu but that would interfere with the level brackets menu afaik unless we rearrange the page entirely;
This yes.

Kindzadza wrote: - some nice PvP background.
This no.

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 Nov 2014 17:26

The background can be customized yes, Shin had suggested me, logo as well. Giving the logo the possibility to hold an hyperlink would be nice however, indeed. I believe at this time we need some art designers to come up with a background and logo that fits the page.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Kindzadza » 21 Nov 2014 17:33

Fastor I meant something like this: http://prntscr.com/58n4qe (not this background, but something that reminds to PvP). At the moment the page is black.

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 21 Nov 2014 17:43

l like black. Actually single dark color background.

marko1984

#7 » Post by marko1984 » 21 Nov 2014 18:01

This feature is awesome... i can bet that this will push more ppl (and guilds) into bgs... reviving PVP even more
Great Job!!!
Three mages!

ItchyVortex

#8 » Post by ItchyVortex » 21 Nov 2014 20:30

If i get stressed from losing a bg now i will open this page and get relieved on how bad ally winrate is.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Arraj

#9 » Post by Arraj » 21 Nov 2014 21:27

Great feature. Helped alot to revive pvp imo.

in 10-19 bracket it always was a WAR between factions in true meaning of the word. Now we have more insight on who is wining it and bgs are more intense and score driven :)

We dont wanna waste any chance to improve our guild score :)
Imo, this feature is best thing that happened to TW lately.
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Justicelight
Donor

#10 » Post by Justicelight » 22 Nov 2014 00:55

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/ ... Dronik.jpg

Here is a very nice pic, to have it as a background or to be a start of ideas for some new background, in case is possible to apply one.

I suggest we make an contest in creating the background, where the winner gets the same prize as the winner of the TrueWow Intro movie won: Contest's Winner Tabard (previous winner: Boxis (http://www.truewow.org/armory/character.php?n=Boxis) )

The conditions of the background would be, to actually not cover the whole page but instead to be like a mask to this black background, like a background which will have few things specific to alliance/horde on left/right side of the top of the page, or even as it is in the linked ss.

Hope you consider it, because it will be a very cool looking stuff togheter with the information provided by this feature,
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Ancestor

#11 » Post by Ancestor » 22 Nov 2014 09:43

If ur in armory page, PvP Stats isnt in community menu

Pivopija

#12 » Post by Pivopija » 22 Nov 2014 19:31

This is as i can see a real kick ass boost to bg's :D i like it a lot ..maybe u guys can trow some reward on the end of the month?:) for top 3 player..some companion(pet) or maybe even some vote points , or smth else :D ...that can bring even more ppl into bg's :D
Cya and Hf :)

ShinDarth
Donor

#13 » Post by ShinDarth » 23 Nov 2014 12:18

I suggest to add www.truewow.org/pvpstats to ingame Autobroadcast messages list :idea:
Former GamingConsortium developer

Creator of PvPstats

Former 70-79 Twink player - M/Nadrine (Destruction Warlock)

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 23 Nov 2014 12:45

Er no, we want to remove that spam >.>

As said before only "[SERVER]: bla bla" have impact on people.

aswang

#15 » Post by aswang » 08 Dec 2014 07:09

Hi,

May I make a suggestion?

Check this link http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14234

Hoping this feature gets a chance for implementation.

Thanks