Voting Suggestions and Stuff

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
pie42795

Voting Suggestions and Stuff

#1 » Post by pie42795 » 27 Jan 2014 23:50

So, this month I've really been voting, and have even managed to make it onto the top 50 list (Yay me!). However, I noticed that there are several people with the maximum number of points possible for the month, which isn't only quite an accomplishment, but seems impossible. The 3rd voting website (Top 100 Arena) doesn't give me a point about 50% of the time, which is a bit frustrating.

Now, I know that I'm not the first person to bring this up, and I'm sure that someone has already sighed and/or facepalmed at this post, but I really think that doing something about this could raise the number of people who vote for the site. After all, wouldn't voting be cooler if you actually got the recognition and rewards that you're supposed to get, and that some people seem to be getting?

I have a couple of ideas as to how this problem could be avoided, since it seems to be the voting site's fault, not the TrueWow site.

1. Make the vote count when the vote button for this one site is clicked. There would be a bit of an honor system here, as it'd be tempting to just click the vote button and not actually make the vote, but I'm sure that plenty of people would carry on with actually making the vote.

2. Remove that voting site entirely. It's just one voting site, and it's definitely not the best one. It's covered in banner advertisements, and riddled with pop up ads. Let there be 9 voting sites, and when you hit 9 votes and 19 votes for the day, another point is automatically added as a bonus for voting on all of the sites. This is the choice that I recommend.

Now with that being said, I also had a thought about the top 50 list. I think it'd be cool if everyone on the list got some kind of reward, not just the top 3 or so. (If everyone already does, then please, just tell me about it and call me an idiot, since I couldn't find any sort of information on the matter.) Right now, as far as I can find on the forum, there are only rewards for getting 50 vote points (not very many, as it could be done in just 2.5 days) and for getting nearly as many points as possible in the month to reach the top 3. There isn't really a middle ground. Even if the reward for top 50 was, say, 10 points or 25 points, it'd be cool to win something. Again, if there already is something in place, I'd like to have a clear explanation about it.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to a response!

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: Voting Suggestions and Stuff

#2 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 28 Jan 2014 00:13

9+9 = 18 not 19

and top 50 would be something interesting... but what if you are number 51 and you have same number of points as number 50, that means you won't get the reward because... idk...

the entire server gets free 50 to 100 vote points every month just because people vote and maintain/break records, the message with the 50 vote points is old and false... god knows why they haven't removed it yet.... but basily everyone on the server gets rewarded because people like you and me vote
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

emsy
Former Staff

#3 » Post by emsy » 28 Jan 2014 00:31

1. You're wrong, majority of people would just click the button and close the tab. Don't be so naive :)

2. Most of people have access to more than 1 location to vote from. 1 is home, and 2nd is school/work/phone/mcdonalds/resetting router... By utilizing these u can get to 20 votes per day with ease even with 5 broken sites.

pie42795

#4 » Post by pie42795 » 28 Jan 2014 01:57

@Blacklustersoldier That 19 includes the first extra point from hitting 9 votes. And that is a really good point, there could be a tie for 50th place. Make sure that everyone who got as many points as 50th place gets the bonus, maybe? Also, thanks for the info about the 50 points. I just happened to get my 50 point bonus the exact same day that I hit 50 votes for the month. xD

@Emsy Okay, you're definitely right about #1 not working, people want to save time. Heck, I just recently found out that a few of the sites don't require both words to be typed for the captcha, and I got way too excited over it... I really only have one location to vote from though, and I just reset the router and that didn't help. That site still didn't work, and all of the others still have the timer. If I could do it from my phone, I would, but I don't have a smart phone. :/

I really appreciate the replies, but it's still a bummer that there doesn't seem to be a way for me to get all 20 points per day. Maybe add another vote site or two to the list for those of us with these issues? :P

emsy
Former Staff

#5 » Post by emsy » 28 Jan 2014 02:13

We'll think about that, got any tips? Seems that site not working is specific only to some people. Probably related to your country/ISP

pie42795

#6 » Post by pie42795 » 28 Jan 2014 03:22

Hmmmm, I don't have any sites in mind, honestly. I'm sure someone on here could think of one or two, though. I think that's all that would be needed.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Bluebell » 28 Jan 2014 03:31

I actually suggested the second part ages ago, take off the sites that don't work and give round up points until a new site is found. This was about 3-4 months ago and I got the same reply you did. Actually, Emsy called me retarded because of it. Good to see his manner has improved.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#8 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 28 Jan 2014 06:27

If I am to vote every 12 hours... I got no problem with any of the vote sites, if I vote in less than 12 hours, then some websites won't give you points... probably because they are limited to once every 12 hours.. which is strange because it's a different IP, just same account
I managed to get around this "bug" by voting once every 12 hours on those specific websites... so the problem shows up when you try to vote for all 20 points in same hour
also, unlinking and linking your game account to the website account seems to fix the temporary problem where people vote for a website but don't get points for it
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

pie42795

#9 » Post by pie42795 » 28 Jan 2014 09:29

@Blacklustersoldier Yeah, I never try to vote more than 10 times per 12 hours, and I still have issues. And also, thank you so much, I re-linked my accounts and the vote worked! You win a cookie. You should have that piece of advice stickied somewhere. Hopefully this fixes it for a good while.

pie42795

#10 » Post by pie42795 » 29 Jan 2014 00:40

Well, darn, re-linking my account didn't work today...