Changing creation of in game account

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
Fastor

Changing creation of in game account

#1 » Post by Fastor » 15 Jan 2014 17:56

• When they create forum account , a pop up will ask do they wish to automatically create In Game account with same username and password.
Reason for it is that we do not have usual way of creating it, we need to create forum account to make ingame account, and we now have a case of someone not able to create it.

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 15#p125648

emsy
Former Staff

Re: Changing creation of in game account

#2 » Post by emsy » 15 Jan 2014 18:04

If you don't have any accounts linked, there's a big red warning on top of the website about it with a link to account manager to create or link an ingame account.

I was thinking of way u suggested but that would involve editing phpbb's core scripts, which i'm not a fan of (due to compatiblity for updates), and that username might be also taken in game

Fastor

#3 » Post by Fastor » 15 Jan 2014 18:53

Hm, that should work, tho we should have like a "road map" marking at pressing create account. Something like:
  • [ 1. Read Eula ] -------> [ 2. Enter username and other info for Forum account ] ------> [ 3. Confirm ] -------> [ 4. Enter username and other info for In Game account ] -------> [ 5. Confirm ] -------> [ 6. You are done (with link of how to change realm list or get client) ]
By the way, please short from 8 down to 4 or 6 characters needed for password.

emsy
Former Staff

#4 » Post by emsy » 15 Jan 2014 19:00

Fastor wrote:Hm, that should work, tho we should have like a "road map" marking at pressing create account. Something like:
  • [ 1. Read Eula ] -------> [ 2. Enter username and other info for Forum account ] ------> [ 3. Confirm ] -------> [ 4. Enter username and other info for In Game account ] -------> [ 5. Confirm ] -------> [ 6. You are done (with link of how to change realm list or get client) ]
I'll probabyly just add instructions to the "welcome" screen after registration.. that seems like best solution... having game account creation on 2 different places isn't very good... Pointing the to the account manager will also make them know such thing exists
Fastor wrote:By the way, please short from 8 down to 4 or 6 characters needed for password.

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 15 Jan 2014 19:36

Why you such a hater? "12345" is best password ever.

Misanthrop

#6 » Post by Misanthrop » 15 Jan 2014 22:29

Sometimes i forget if it was 12345 or 123456

Next time gonna try 123123

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#7 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 16 Jan 2014 00:04

while we are on this, gonna go a little bit off topic with RAF accounts now... how exactly will it work now, because everyone whom I've recruited or sent recruitment mails to.. have done their accounts back on the old website... will they get prompted to make game account directly and then they can make forum account if they want or how exactly? am curious cause I need to know what to tell to the next person I recruit xD
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

emsy
Former Staff

#8 » Post by emsy » 16 Jan 2014 00:06

Blacklustersoldier wrote:while we are on this, gonna go a little bit off topic with RAF accounts now... how exactly will it work now, because everyone whom I've recruited or sent recruitment mails to.. have done their accounts back on the old website... will they get prompted to make game account directly and then they can make forum account if they want or how exactly? am curious cause I need to know what to tell to the next person I recruit xD
u can't create game account without forum account...

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#9 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 16 Jan 2014 00:35

okay, so when I will recruit someone, he will make forum account, and then game account, and that game account will be linked to mine right? are there are any other additional steps to take? :D
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Heihachi
Developer

#10 » Post by Heihachi » 16 Jan 2014 03:27

with how i had it (and i believe how emsy kept it) when you get a email you can make the account with that email BUT if they lose the link (or lazy) they can just make a new account and if there is a entry waiting for a account to be made with that email (the one sent to get invited) then the accounts would be linked.

emsy
Former Staff

#11 » Post by emsy » 16 Jan 2014 03:30

Blacklustersoldier wrote:okay, so when I will recruit someone, he will make forum account, and then game account, and that game account will be linked to mine right? are there are any other additional steps to take? :D
They only need to make an account with same e-mail as the one u've sent invitation to.