Protest against dual boxing restrictions

Discussions, suggestions and error reports for the forums and website.
cdark2

Protest against dual boxing restrictions

#1 » Post by cdark2 » 25 Dec 2021 17:43

There are some world event achievements (Hallow's End "Gnerd Rage" and Winter Veil "With a Little Helper from My Friends") that are extremely difficult to complete on this server. When Blizzard created these goals, they did not have a low-population, pve, cross-faction server in mind. There is also no Wintergrasp event, where these achievements were actually easy to get (on a populated server, of course). This should be an achievement that you can complete on your own, by doing world pvp. This option is not available here.

The current rules state you can't dual box to get honor (or achievements), yet it is okay to dual box to gain xp. Isn't the end result of getting xp and getting honor the same, to get gear? Regardless, I think if someone is dual boxing to get an achievement such as the ones mentioned above, we need to take into consideration the circumstances of the server. I have spent hours in the battleground queue to no avail. There are many players who do not pvp and have no pvp gear and little pvp experience. Here you have to wait in a queue for a battleground that takes forever, if ever, to get into just to 2v2 against a group that kills you repeatedly. It is beyond frustrating and changes the game from a fun distraction to a huge disappointment.

I would like to suggest that, in these situations, we make an exception. Especially when these achievements are required to get the final achievement "What A Long Strange Trip It's Been" that takes a full year to get. That is a commitment someone makes that ensures they continue to play on this server.

The current rules for reference are:

Rule 10. Farm player kills, PvP points (honor, arena), items (tokens, marks, etc.), achievements, quest objectives, etc by co-operating with opponents to gain advantages, or by using other abusive practices. This applies to Arena, Battlegrounds and World-PvP.

Rule 11. Multi boxing or any program to control multiple characters at once in PvP (Open World, Battlegrounds, Arena). This includes multi boxing characters to queue into Arenas or Battlegrounds, thus creating unfair queues and uneven teams.
Each time you violate this rule, you will receive a warning in-game that looks like this: https://tinyurl.com/ybku23ff
Heed this warning, or be prepared for the consequences.

Under the server's current circumstances, I suggest we lighten up on some of the rules in regards to these achievements.

Trystram

Re: Protest against dual boxing restrictions

#2 » Post by Trystram » 28 Dec 2021 03:21

This would be fun if the achivements where possible to do.
I dont think world pvp is a fast way to get honor especially as multiboxing. (res time ...)
Honor is also quiet easy to get with the stone keepers shards. Those even give 6k honor instead of 2k.

So it would be nice to be able do a some of the achivements. ("with a little helper from my friends", "G.N.E.R.D. rage", ...)

Trisie
X

andriuspel
Former Staff

#3 » Post by andriuspel » 28 Dec 2021 14:15

question is... how this will ensure fairness in pvp vs non multiboxing players (even if thats just achievements...)? difference between pvp and pve is that... PVE - you fight vs environment (creatures, quests, etc etc...), in pvp you fight vs real players where their progress is ranked... and how non multiboxer player would feel fighting vs potential bots? imagine some multiboxer with 5 ele shaman bots nuking everything in their way in bgs, arenas...

Achievements indeed is harder to reach with current situation but this suggestion has back side which would make more troubles for non multiboxers... I would just suggest to invite more pvpers

To add to this, look what bots done in current retail...
Just check out this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHeSHT2ZDnU

Anyways i will wait for more responses
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#4 » Post by Dymond » 28 Dec 2021 15:00

GM’s will be holding a special pvp event on December 28th at 7pm server time. This will be the perfect time to get your event achievement.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

skyx

#5 » Post by skyx » 29 Dec 2021 07:18

Like OP said, the state of PvP on this server is a joke; waiting for and participating 2v2/3v3 "PvP" battlegrounds is not fun for newer and undergeared players, especially against HC BiS boomers.

PvP related seasonal achievements should be made easier to complete due to the lack of battleground activity and non existent Wintergrasp and world PvP.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#6 » Post by Dymond » 29 Dec 2021 12:51

Now that takes all the work out of the events, already made easier by removing the deserter debuff. Players have 15 days to complete this achievement. A few every day and a player has plenty enough time to complete this achievement.

cdark2

#7 » Post by cdark2 » 29 Dec 2021 19:02

Every person on this server is an individual who plays this game in their own way. While your comment may be true for most people, it's not true for me. I want to get this achievement on multiple characters. Yes, the event runs for 2 weeks, but most people have other things to do during this busy holiday time. It is unquestionably harder to do this achievement under this server's conditions and removing deserter is not even close to compensating for it. I am not asking for people to be allowed to dual box battlegrounds, but allowing people to help their friends get the achievement in world pvp should be allowed, if only for the 2 weeks these achievements are available.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#8 » Post by Dymond » 29 Dec 2021 23:58

I have been playing here for almost 11 years. I have all the Event achievements on maybe 2-3 characters. Most players have a main character they play all the time. If you try to do all on a full account of 10 characters, it will take a long time even if world pvp was allowed.

skyx

#9 » Post by skyx » 30 Dec 2021 16:53

Dymond wrote:
29 Dec 2021 23:58
I have been playing here for almost 11 years. I have all the Event achievements on maybe 2-3 characters. Most players have a main character they play all the time. If you try to do all on a full account of 10 characters, it will take a long time even if world pvp was allowed.
What is with this convoluted logic?

The fact is the achievement was designed by Blizzard with world pvp, Wintergrasp and Battlegrounds in mind; something that this server does not have.

What OP is asking for is a reasonable Quality of life change to this particular achievement (and other PvP related seasonal achievements) that reflects the current state of PvP of this server.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#10 » Post by Dymond » 30 Dec 2021 18:18

There is a difference in world pvp and just farming kills on each other. World pvp can happen if players toggle pvp on. This is allowed, what I am saying is that just logging and not trying to fight against each other is not.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#11 » Post by Dymond » 30 Dec 2021 19:19

Anyways suggestion declined. Locking this post.