Armory Updates, Suggestions and Issues

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Tenebro
Honorary Member

Re: Armory Updates, Suggestions and Issues

#406 » Post by Tenebro » 09 Aug 2016 15:13

On armory at Raid Progress after killing bosses in normal difficulty they are counted for hc too. For example do toc 10 normal full run then check armory for your progress you will find that heroic is also marked as complete, same for 25 mode too. In icc it also shows first 2 bosses complete on all the difficulties even if you only killed them in 10n, also same for Onyxia, for other raids I think it shows the right progress.

Nuko
Former Staff

#407 » Post by Nuko » 09 Aug 2016 16:36

Hello Tenebro,

Thanks for reporting this! However, this has been reported before and, unfortunately, is an error with how the game server records this data rather than how the armory reads it. You can confirm this by checking that the in-game kill count (in the "Statistics" tab of your achievements) is the same as that displayed on the armory.

For it to be fixed, the server script that records the kills for these two bosses will need to be fixed.

Cheers,
Nuko.
Nuko - In the event of malfunction, please insert tea.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#408 » Post by Tenebro » 10 Aug 2016 10:24

I'll add this here too since I wrote it in the wrong topic before.

Realm First ladder is missing for a while also on arena ladder if I want to check other pages than first one I can't, when I click to change to other page nothing happens. Also 1 more thing, in HK ladder if someone delete his char it will still appear there, place 13 and 31 are taken by deleted chars http://www.truewow.org/armory/hkladder.php?realm=t .

Nuko
Former Staff

#409 » Post by Nuko » 10 Aug 2016 14:24

I disabled the realm first page because the realm firsts are a bit messed up. I'm trying to find a reliable way of determining the realm firsts before I enable it again, as at the moment it shows Roel's GM character as being the realm first in nearly everything (clearly an error).

HK Ladder should be easy enough to fix, thanks for letting me know :)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#410 » Post by Tenebro » 12 Aug 2016 01:13

I noticed 2 more issues, for some raids it shows wrong bosses killed for example in Tempest Keep I killed Kael'thas only but it shows that Al'ar is dead instead. And on some items socket bonuses don't appear as activated even though they are.

kermo14k

#411 » Post by kermo14k » 13 Oct 2016 12:27

When you look at arena ladder for 2s, you can not switch between pages, you can only see the first page.
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Nuko
Former Staff

#412 » Post by Nuko » 13 Oct 2016 13:09

Hey guys. Thanks for reporting these, it's very useful for me. However, I've been moving house recently and am still getting things sorted hence why I've been quiet for a while. I'll take a look at all this soon though hopefully.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#413 » Post by Hansrutger » 13 Oct 2016 15:48

Hope all goes good for you when moving <3 drink much tea!!

Just to being on the "ontopic side". I noticed before but never reported, as far as I remember at least. You cant search for player names with 2 char (example is rogue called 'Yr'). Replacing your own name with the other player name in the url works so simply just a change in the input conditions!

Cheers man, hope to see you in game again in the future!! :3
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Eronox
MVP

#414 » Post by Eronox » 19 Oct 2016 17:43

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nuko
Former Staff

#415 » Post by Nuko » 19 Oct 2016 19:27

Looking majestic there, Mr Paladin.

I'm guessing you posted this because of the menu bar at the top not working for small screens (like on a smart phone). If that was your intention, then thank you. However, for now the armory is only designed to work on a desktop computer, although I've been informed it doesn't do too badly on tablets. It is, as with many other things, on my list of things to implement.

Eventually, I would like to have a completely mobile friendly version of the armory. In the mean-time, I'll see what I can do about the menu bar when time permits.

Eronox
MVP

#416 » Post by Eronox » 19 Oct 2016 20:51

Nuko wrote:Looking majestic there, Mr Paladin.

I'm guessing you posted this because of the menu bar at the top not working for small screens (like on a smart phone). If that was your intention, then thank you. However, for now the armory is only designed to work on a desktop computer, although I've been informed it doesn't do too badly on tablets. It is, as with many other things, on my list of things to implement.

Eventually, I would like to have a completely mobile friendly version of the armory. In the mean-time, I'll see what I can do about the menu bar when time permits.

Haha :) It's nothing major anyways, since it can be avoidable if you zoom out enough.

Besides, I don't think many people but me uses the phone for TW browsing :P

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Nuko
Former Staff

#417 » Post by Nuko » 20 Oct 2016 02:20

Hansrutger wrote:Hope all goes good for you when moving <3 drink much tea!!

Just to being on the "ontopic side". I noticed before but never reported, as far as I remember at least. You cant search for player names with 2 char (example is rogue called 'Yr'). Replacing your own name with the other player name in the url works so simply just a change in the input conditions!

Cheers man, hope to see you in game again in the future!! :3
Thanks Pala! Many teas shall be imbibed. Hoping to spot a Nuko in the wild eh? Well maybe you'll get lucky ;).

I'll lower that min character limit when I get to my PC.

Take care. :)

Nuko
Former Staff

#418 » Post by Nuko » 24 Oct 2016 16:13

Hello all,

Some updates, some I did a while ago but never logged and some new:
  • I fixed that arena ladder page bug as reported by a few people (kermo14k being one of them).
  • I've been working on improving boss kill detection, the TK example from Tenebro should be fixed.
  • I've reduced the lower character limit on searches to 2 characters as requested by Hansrutger.
  • Spells/Abilities can now be searched for, with their own pages, and I've added various spell-related data to other pages.
  • Achievements can now be searched for, with their own pages, and I've added various achievement-related data to other pages.
  • I've created a server-side rendering engine (in PHP... yeah I know, odd). It's a bit slow but it generates a still image of characters and items. The advantage to this is that it doesn't run on your browser but on the server, so it shouldn't cause problems when loading like the model viewer sometimes does. I hope to be able to re-write this in C++ so that it's a bit faster at some point.
  • In line with the previous update, item pages will now show renders of armour and weapons (although no helmets yet).
  • I've also been working on the client-side model viewer, and I seem to have stopped it from causing the page to freeze when loading. However, I need to test it on low-end hardware to see how it copes.
  • I also added race-dependent background images to the character model viewers.
  • Added icons to character talent tabs on profile page (Will be figuring out a way of distinguishing between tank feral and dps feral as suggested)
As always, have fun!(?)

Harabec23

#419 » Post by Harabec23 » 16 Nov 2016 18:39

Here is an idea, link a guild calendar page to guilds. I realize this is able to be viewed per character or via your characters dashboard. I think it would be nice to be able to see just 1 guilds calendar via a calendar link from the guilds.

Also, I would like to have the functionality to visually link calendars to an external website (guild forum html page) currently you can do this but you will get the TW top banner and background image as well, cluttering it up.

Thanks
Bearwithinme - Druid
Bearwithit - Druid
Bullybear - Druid
Holybear - Paladin
Healingbear - Priest
Sneakybear - Rogue
Ragingbear - Warrior
Shootingbear - Hunter
Taintedbear - Deathknight
Rommey - Mage

Nuko
Former Staff

#420 » Post by Nuko » 16 Nov 2016 18:41

Harabec23 wrote:Here is an idea, link a guild calendar page to guilds. I realize this is able to be viewed per character or via your characters dashboard. I think it would be nice to be able to see just 1 guilds calendar via a calendar link from the guilds.

Also, I would like to have the functionality to visually link calendars to an external website (guild forum html page) currently you can do this but you will get the TW top banner and background image as well, cluttering it up.

Thanks
That's a really neat idea. I'll see what I can do.