Character Transfer

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Heihachi
Developer

Character Transfer

#1 » Post by Heihachi » 15 Apr 2013 10:39

Felt like alot of players want a update with this...

I haven't really been working on it lately due to some real life issues but I am working on it now.

What is left to do is:
1) correctly import items(inventory, bags and gear)

2) Spells (may not do this because you can just go buy them)

3) Skills (everyone wants their old 450 skills)

4) Achievements

5) Reputation

After i get a process setup then the real fine tuning will start and the transfers WILL NOT be a instant thing staff will have to approve of transfers and the items you have. There will also be a list of realms/server that will be have transfers enabled.

I will be updating this topic when i get more done and to allow players to follow my progress.

Drago

Re: Character Transfer

#2 » Post by Drago » 15 Apr 2013 11:21

Just wanna say you're awesome Hei, wasting time on such a precious system :D Thanks for your efforts and time ;)
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#3 » Post by Heihachi » 15 Apr 2013 11:25

Drago wrote:Just wanna say you're awesome Hei, wasting time on such a precious system :D Thanks for your efforts and time ;)
lol no problem :P working on skills only important skills are being transfered.

"Alchemy", "Blacksmithing", "Enchanting", "Engineering", "Jewelcrafting", "Leatherworking", "Tailoring", "Cooking", "First Aid", "Skinning", "Mining", "Herbalism", "Riding"

If you know of anymore that should be moved tell me :)

Drago

#4 » Post by Drago » 15 Apr 2013 11:46

May I suggest, I think it really is easy to just give the player an amount of gold equal to the spells cost for his level instead of implementing a heavy spell transferring system, so he can go and learn them by himself. That way you can save your time + make the system a bit faster, and perhaps even save the transferred player from unnecessary bugs in the progress.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#5 » Post by Heihachi » 15 Apr 2013 12:05

Drago wrote:May I suggest, I think it really is easy to just give the player an amount of gold equal to the spells cost for his level instead of implementing a heavy spell transferring system, so he can go and learn them by himself. That way you can save your time + make the system a bit faster, and perhaps even save the transferred player from unnecessary bugs in the progress.
yea was going to do that i think its alot easier plus theres like 50k spells in the game :/ and not adding GM spells to transfered players would be good to avoid :P

Spoiler:
^^ New toon created and given skills :D

Drago

#6 » Post by Drago » 15 Apr 2013 12:10

Nice, also, you forgot about mounts adding? If you do plan on such a thing I suggest the player will take SS of his "special" mounts but, he will be given only normal mounts depending on his level in the transfer, and only after a GM approved he got the mounts in his old server in a legit way and not by donating or something, he'll get his special mounts manually after he'll make a ticket (he can survive without them for a day or two...).
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#7 » Post by Heihachi » 15 Apr 2013 12:29

Drago wrote:Nice, also, you forgot about mounts adding? If you do plan on such a thing I suggest the player will take SS of his "special" mounts but, he will be given only normal mounts depending on his level in the transfer, and only after a GM approved he got the mounts in his old server in a legit way and not by donating or something, he'll get his special mounts manually after he'll make a ticket (he can survive without them for a day or two...).
well i was going to do that its technally a item that allows you to learn most mounts.... so adding them like that is easier also before a server is allowed transfers we scraper their server for anything that will gave them a advantage and that will be disabled. Doing that we would need to upgrade the current way we do it now :/

Spoiler:
All thats left with that is just fixing the dates to be current time not the actual time you got them.

Drago

#8 » Post by Drago » 15 Apr 2013 12:44

You mean the opposite, to change them to the date you got them instead of current date? :P
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#9 » Post by Heihachi » 15 Apr 2013 12:48

Drago wrote:You mean the opposite, to change them to the date you got them instead of current date? :P
nope that would give some players achievements before the server was even started which is bad lol

Drago

#10 » Post by Drago » 15 Apr 2013 12:57

Heihachi wrote:
Drago wrote:You mean the opposite, to change them to the date you got them instead of current date? :P
nope that would give some players achievements before the server was even started which is bad lol
Don't Spermik and Bloodcraft immigrants (of course I mean the old players that also moved here) have achievements with a date before our server came to life?
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#11 » Post by Heihachi » 15 Apr 2013 13:00

Drago wrote:
Heihachi wrote:
Don't Spermik and Bloodcraft immigrants (of course I mean the old players that also moved here) have achievements with a date before our server came to life?
probably but would be better not to do that mainly with the "Realm First" ones

Drago

#12 » Post by Drago » 15 Apr 2013 13:05

Hmmmm.... Well it seems unfair a bit since they wont be able to show off the date :3 What if you add the Feats of Strength manually and all else achievements automatically? Besides. If you make all achievements with one date it will be very unblizzlike, like, you can see the player got all achievements in one day (all added) and you think it's lousy.
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#13 » Post by Heihachi » 15 Apr 2013 13:13

Drago wrote:Hmmmm.... Well it seems unfair a bit since they wont be able to show off the date :3 What if you add the Feats of Strength manually and all else achievements automatically? Besides. If you make all achievements with one date it will be very unblizzlike, like, you can see the player got all achievements in one day (all added) and you think it's lousy.
well that is true lol hmmm i could do the feats but i need a list for that xD if you wnat you can make it :P

Drago

#14 » Post by Drago » 15 Apr 2013 13:35

I would, only the ID's all together aren't seen every day ya know :P
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#15 » Post by Heihachi » 15 Apr 2013 13:58

Drago wrote:I would, only the ID's all together aren't seen every day ya know :P
you can get names :P