TRUEWOW NEWS ROOM - NOTIFICATIONS/CHANGES/UPDATES HERE

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Intervention
Former Staff

Re: TRUEWOW NEWS ROOM - NOTIFCIATIONS/CHANGES/UPDATES HERE

#31 » Post by Intervention » 13 Nov 2012 10:10

ATTENTION

We are well aware that the Random Dungeon Finder (RDF) either Heroic or Normal versions may sometimes not grant players the additional reward even though other party members are granted the reward. This is a Trinity issue, you can track the issue here https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/8238

We are also experiencing a high volume of tickets due to the above bug and reputation bugs that occur with the faction change tool. Please be patient with these tickets, we are trying to clear them out as fast as we can.

We ask that you,

- Do not submit RDF reward related tickets as there is no solution at the moment
- Wait patiently with your reputation faction change ticket and provide as much information in the ticket as you can (such as alts we can find you on as this will speed up the process)

It has been reported that the faction change tool is in fact working as it should now.
Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Cover25

#32 » Post by Cover25 » 23 Nov 2012 14:58

Due to Pilgrim (achievement) being nearly all bugged, if you can screenshot yourself doing what each achievement requires and post it in this. Screenshots must prove you did X Y Z fairly yet it bugged.

Sorry for the late help guys, busy week. I'll extend the achievement-giving for 3 more days.

Gobble gobble.

Intervention
Former Staff

#33 » Post by Intervention » 26 Nov 2012 07:34

If you enter a dungeon and then wish to join a battleground after that but it says you cannot queue whilst in the dungeon finder then here is the solution.

Step one: Find someone else in the world.
Step two: Invite them to your party
Step three: Leave the party.

You MUST create the party (as in you must be the first one to invite another, then it is you that must leave).

Another solution may be typing in your chat box /script LeaveParty()

Please do not submit tickets about this Dungeon Finder issue, just spread the word amongst players until the bug is resolved.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#34 » Post by Intervention » 03 Dec 2012 00:44

Some of you who raided on Sunday morning/afternoon will have their ICC and TOC ID's RESET!

What does that mean? It means that you are technically eligible for multiple ICC's this week.

To point out the obvious, NO you are NOT ALLOWED to do multiple ICC's or TOC's for the week, doing so will grant you a 7 day ban and your emblems and gear obtained from that raid will be stripped.

Please spread the word, if you are caught then you will be punished accordingly.
'Not knowing' is no excuse, it is in no way normal to do multiple raid of the same difficulty/type per week and you all know that.

Thanks.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#35 » Post by Intervention » 07 Dec 2012 11:57

A number of you have been reporting the Armory as broken. This is wrong to an extent.

You must search characters with a capital letter. For example, you search Intervention not intervention.

It may also depend on your browser, whether or not a talent tree or gear piece shows properly but the above should be applicable to all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to prevent advertising, mute avoiding on new characters and general spam from level 1 characters on the server, we have set a level 5 limit to chat channels. This means you can still use whisper, say and guild etc. to chat but until you reach level 5 channels such as /world will be blocked from use.

This should be active at next restart.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#36 » Post by Intervention » 13 Dec 2012 01:33

Currently 2 major changes are scheduled that I want to announce to you.
First off, the server location will move from the USA to Europe, Germany to be specific. Everyone will see some changes in latency because of that, positive for some, negative for others depending on where you live. However the hostprovider also offers cheaper servers which will allow to get a better CPU and upgrade to no less than 16 GB memory. For the players that will get higher latency, we will see if something can be done about that but it won't be easy.

Secondly, we will have a second merge just like with Spermik. However this time we will merge with the Bloodcraft server which will bring a lot of experienced players (they have ICC with a 15% buff). Experienced devs and GMs are also coming over, some of them are also Trinity devs, this will help getting more fixes applied.

Both of these changes will require some downtime during the holidays but it shouldn't be more than a few hours
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Doctor_J
Developer

#37 » Post by Doctor_J » 17 Dec 2012 03:43

OK a bit of information about Winterveil achievements,

For those of you attemping to obtain Fa-la-la-la-Ogri'la at the moment this only works if you use Fresh Holly on a fly mount and then turn quest in, it will not currently work if you use preserved holly or use holly on a ground mount.

Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's and Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's all of the brothers needed for these achievements should now allow you to use mistletoe on them and give achievement credit,

BB King and BB King will work once we get a update theres only High Tinker Mekkatorque where there was problems when I tested but that should be resolved shortly,

Crashin' & Thrashin' is currently bugged, if you require this achievement and can prove that you have met the required criteria for the achievement (ie ss showing you trying to do achievement) post in the thread which was setup by peithmin for requesting bugged event achievements - Winter veil's bugged achievements even though I believe theres only one bugged achievement now.

Intervention
Former Staff

#38 » Post by Intervention » 17 Dec 2012 10:05

CHRISTMAS SHOP SALE

For this week and this week only, be sure to grab yourself (or maybe even someone else) some Christmas goodies. The sale will end Sunday 23rd December around midnight so get shopping!

http://www.truewow.org/?p=shop

http://www.truewow.org/?p=vote
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#39 » Post by Intervention » 18 Dec 2012 06:50

I have taken the liberty of downloading everyone's videos off our YouTube channel that are in the playlist etc. http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueWoWserver?feature=mhee

With this, i will begin uploading them under TrueWoW's YouTube page. This way your videos will be displayed with the author as TrueWoW on our page rather than just liked and added to a playlist on our page.

If you don't wish for this to happen just PM me and tell me your videos that you do not wish to be put on TrueWoW's page as TrueWoW as it's author.

Now, to answer some questions i can already see coming..

Yes, i will put in the description your personal channel so people will also check your channel out as well as ours, doubling views and exposure. If you wish i can add your armory too (if it exists) or just the TrueWoW armory.

If you have any other suggestions to improve your video exposure then just send me a PM
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#40 » Post by Intervention » 20 Dec 2012 01:09

Check out your YouTube intro video competition!

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8003
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#41 » Post by Intervention » 20 Dec 2012 14:52

A discussion regarding multi-boxing can be looked at here http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8007

--------------------

The battleground buffs have been removed completely. Whether or not the buff stays removed will depend upon public feedback both for and against the buff so, if you would, rally your guildies, friends, partners and enemies to the forums for some keen discussion.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#42 » Post by Intervention » 03 Jan 2013 01:45

A few things..please read them all.

- We are aware some players are 'blacklisted' and thus not able to log in-game and some on the forums etc. You'll have to be patient with this, we are trying to get the server completely up and running.

- There will be no fixes applied by us for some period of time as there has been some core complications and with the new host, it's just not priority right now and core instability isn't 'kool'. :(

- We do have ALOT of tickets currently open. Many from before the attacks, some just after regarding connection issues and in-game issues that effect game play. Please be patient with these. Some staff are on holidays and some staff can't even get in-game right now so just be patient while we work out all the problems.

- No Bloodcraft has not merged with us yet, but it will happen in due time once the server is stable.

- The vote site challenge stuff is under control and as are the facebook reward points. Again, just be patient and you will get all your rewards.

Thanks and hope everyone had a happy new year!
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Intervention
Former Staff

#43 » Post by Intervention » 09 Jan 2013 10:50

NEW FACEBOOK MILESTONE
As promised, your 150 vote point reward for the Facebook milestone of 2,000 likes has been added to all accounts. :D Don't worry if you can't connect right now, your vote points will still be in your account. :) Enjoy!
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Roel
Founder

#44 » Post by Roel » 09 Jan 2013 15:43

All instances got reset. But it's not yet clear if the automatic reset got fixed.

Intervention
Former Staff

#45 » Post by Intervention » 11 Jan 2013 00:06

VOTE SHOP SALE ENDED, MONTHLY BONUS POINTS ADDED
The vote shop sale has ended. I let it go for a while longer seems we got DDoS'd (lucky you). I also added the 60 web points from the vote site challenge! This month i'll award top voters as well as vote site positions but seems a number of people probably still can't connect, don't expect the vote point bonus to be too high :)
Enjoy and get voting again :D http://www.truewow.org/?p=vote
Chicken, Fried Chicken