Biweekly Newsfeed #2
Posted: 14 Jun 2021 13:28
This time the news feed is going to contain a respectful but sad goodbye to some of our former staff members, who have left the team due to different reasons. A celebration of our truly patient and dedicated players who have completed the Ironman challenge and received their Tiger. We also are going to introduce you to some pets that have been added in shop or within the game. Last but not the least, we will mention some of the latest fixes and updates that have been done lately by our developers.
Let's get started, shall we?
Goodbye, and thank you
The staff team has over the last few months been going through some changes. We have gotten new game masters, as mentioned in the last news feed, but sadly we have also been in the position where we have been in need of saying goodbye to some of our former game masters. Each one of them have influenced the server in some way and helped us achieve what we have. They all deserve a big thank you for their time and effort, and we wish them all the best in their future, on earth and in heaven. Thank you to Axis, Andromelech, Nuko, Natnat and Zaiti.
Ironman Challenge? Easy!
We would like to congratulate the players who have successfully completed the Ironman Challenge and reached level 80 in 2021. This is truly a difficult task because of all the restrictions you have to follow. To complete this challenge, you must truly be patient, careful and dedicated. It is not something you get through easily. So, everyone who has earned it, deserves our shared respect and great wishes! We hope you all will enjoy your Tiger!
The list below shows those who have completed the challenge within the beginning of the year to now.
- Smee – January 3, 2021
- Meopala – February 8, 2021 - Bloodthirsty
- Coldiep – April 21, 2021
- Froz – May 13, 2021
You can keep him!We have added some pets to the vote shop. Some have previously been used as rewards or gifts, while others have never been available here. The pets that have been added to the vote shop are Cat Carrier (Corrupted Kitten), Celestial Dragon, Golden Pig Coin, Silver Pig Coin, Polar Bear Collar, Red Dragon Orb, Green Dragon Orb and Turtle Egg (Loggerhead) and they cost only 100 vote points! Besides these has there been added one pet in-game, which is Terky. You get Terky by looting the White Murloc Egg, who is located in Borean Tundra, more precisely at the Riplash Ruins. So if you are one of those who just adore pets and thinks one more cannot hurt, then you are lucky that we now have more pets just waiting for you to give it a home!
Time to raid Ulduar!One of our developers is working really hard on fixing bugs and visuals within the raid Ulduar. Ulduar is a complex and different raid. Some would even go so far to say that it is the most complicated raid within the expansion, and that is why it is also the most bugged raid on pretty much every private server. We are working towards making that statement false on TrueWoW. It is a long and tough process, but when it is fully done it is worth the effort. Some minor changes within the raid have already been made and players will for sure be able to feel the difference when next time they enter. To fix this raid it takes a lot of research, developing and testing – So before we go over what has been done there, we want to appeal to you, our raider, our eyes and ears within the game, if you raid Ulduar and have any desire in helping fixing this raid, please report the bugs you find on the bug tracker along the way and feel free to talk to Andriuspel about how you can help in the process – this is over the forum, through private messages, of course!
But now to the exciting part. The fixes and updates that has been applied already – are the following:
- Implemented base camp vehicles default exit offsets. This change will make proper exit animation by default vehicles exits passenger on their current position, meaning they will be ejected to the side of the vehicle.
- Chopper passenger seats is not switchable. This change will disable the passenger to switch seat into driver seat.
- Implemented "Load into Catapult" and "Throw Passenger" spells. These abilities is on the demolisher and its passenger. This change will allow players to become real cannon balls. Player based cannon balls will be able to land on Flame Leviathan and disable his mini turrets.
- Redesigned Flame Leviathan "move in" intro event. Fixed his ability "Flame Vents" and adjusted his missiles, these things will not be casted while he is overloaded which makes him shut down. Implemented turrets on him which means that from now on are there 2 turrets in 10 man raid and 4 turrets in 25-man raid. These are related to overload events and to certain achievements. Related achievements are still broken but they will get fixed pretty soon.
- Fixed tower buffs for Flame Leviathan. Previously even if towers are not destroyed, boss did not gain extra auras and events which would make his event more challenging. There are 4 towers and each of them give extra auras which increases HP, damage and other boss stats.
- Minor improvements to Brundir’s movements to be visually more like it is on retail.
- Re-scripted "Ward of Life" and corrected incorrect timers.
We hope you have enjoyed this newsletter. If you have any suggestions for upcoming releases - let us known in Private Messages on the forums or on the Discord server. Thank you for playing TrueWoW!