R.I.P SGM Axis

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Skogar

Re: R.I.P SGM Axis

#46 » Post by Skogar » 10 May 2021 04:15

I did not know Axis personally, only from interactions on the website. He was always helpful when possible, knowledgeable, polite, and direct.

I wish David and his family all the best in whatever comes next.
Skogar - Ironman Contender
Falmari - proud owner of a Winterspring Frostsaber

VergilGC
Honorary Member

#47 » Post by VergilGC » 10 May 2021 05:44

He was something else.. To think that life could not have been more cruel to him...

Rest in Peace

femax

#48 » Post by femax » 10 May 2021 16:09

sleep sweet you will not be forgotten

I wish David and his family all the best

ggsmith79

#49 » Post by ggsmith79 » 10 May 2021 21:05

I don't know him so will, but he was so kind, generous and great helper and advisor in the game.
so may god bless him and be paradise the final place he reside in

Garm

#50 » Post by Garm » 10 May 2021 21:27

May you find new adventures in the afterlife.

exchanger1

#51 » Post by exchanger1 » 11 May 2021 23:12

Haven't had the opportunity to meet him in game, but I was following his forums posts about wow cinematic trailers, he seemed like a really cool guy. Just found out he was an extremely devoted GM reading this thread. It is really sad seeing how someone, from the same server we used to/are playing is now deceased, as we consider truewow as our second home when we log in and live in a different platform and spend countless hours on it

may he rest in peace and wish his family the best and the strength to not lose spirit in this crazy day and age
Crown aka Poslednji

kurifissu

#52 » Post by kurifissu » 12 May 2021 16:54

Still kind of shocked from this, I knew both Axis and Regent without realising they were the same person, and now they are no more.

Late night heroic dungeons were always greeted by the elf, whatever form he took aided the necessities of the remaining party. Expedient and versatile it was hard not to find him in the quiet queue of low population hours, at the stairs of dalaran, waiting for the last dps.

I remember being in a random group, trying to do icc10, Regent losing his patience at the sheer incompetence starts to throw smoke flares at the floor where we needed to stand in sindragosa's fight, then explaining the whole process several times. It was quite funny, there were flares everywhere, everyone was coughing from the smoke, but we still listened carefully to what our newly appointed drill instructor was saying.

Once upon a time we reported a bug while playing deathknights, at the time there was some issue with guardian pets. Axis poofs into existence in ungoro crater, giant, flying, and shining, and after exchanging a few words with my guildmate says "A bug? In a hero class? NOT ON MY WATCH." We laughed so hard at the sheer diligence and sense of duty that it became a meme in my group of friends. Every time someone asks what the staff at this server is like I tell that story.

Rip Axis, may you still roam starter areas in your majestic form.
Rip Regent, forever running dungeons with inexperienced players.

Shadow Council

Eronox
MVP

#53 » Post by Eronox » 15 May 2021 12:22

I'm sad that he has passed, but I'm glad he was here.

Reminds about myself regarding out-of-world dedication. I never played with him but encountered him few times back in the raiding days and when myself capped up to 1k tickets.

A true legend of TW for sure, both in the Raiding environment and the support environment.

Regent, may you rest in peace.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Relina

#54 » Post by Relina » 16 May 2021 13:51

R.I.P Regent.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Wilcox

#55 » Post by Wilcox » 22 May 2021 22:55

My blood absolutely froze at the sight of this title. To think I'm finding out about this only now...

I can find no words to express my sadness. He had a very difficult life, and TrueWoW was what kept him going for as long as I've known him. I hope he finds his peace and reunites with the love of his life, Sarah, whom he missed dearly since she passed.

I met Dave at a very low point, exactly when I needed a friend just like him, and he saved my life. I'm eternally grateful to have known such a man. When it's my time, I'll buy you that beer I kept promising you about, and gift you the biggest bro hug with it. Farewell...

Mudinpala

#56 » Post by Mudinpala » 31 Jul 2021 10:19

I heard about Regent from Wilcox few minutes ago.......And i just have to share my condolencies to his family and all TW comunity that loved him as person he was, and he was HUGE as personality.I have no words to describe tears i am sheding now.....Rest in peace laddy :/

xartiex

#57 » Post by xartiex » 01 Aug 2021 02:02

Oh wow I just saw this - been away for a minute --Axis was a great person who help me out more times than I can coun't..Let me be friends and even say Hi, sometimes ... I am so distraught ... Thank You, and RIP Axis :( " : ;) Better things await us on the OtherSide" -- All my Love,
Arthur
Life is short - Play fast and hard!
TrueWow Member since January 2014

Kniteknite

#58 » Post by Kniteknite » 01 Aug 2021 06:23

" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "