R.I.P SGM Axis

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Jiranthos
Admin

R.I.P SGM Axis

#1 » Post by Jiranthos » 05 May 2021 20:46

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I have to inform you that our longstanding Senior Game Master Axis has passed away from complications of the Covid-19 disease. He passed away on May 2nd, 2021 at the age of 29.

Some of you may know him as Regent, some of you may know him as David Axis Roberson or Divye Axis Mani.
He was a long-time player here and joined the TrueWoW staff on October 17th, 2018 and ever since that day he has been incredibly loyal and active as a Staff member. Doing a record amount of tickets, Discord support, developer work assistance, forum moderation and much more. He didn't have it easy and still he found time to stick around for all that time and help where ever he could. He was incredibly hard working and disciplined and he loved this server to bits.

Let's use this thread to share memories and words about him.

Rest In Peace, Axis.
Game master, colleague, friend, brother and son
We love you and miss you dearly

Leidenfrost

Re: R.I.P SGM Axis

#2 » Post by Leidenfrost » 05 May 2021 20:54

Axis always helped me, even with trivial issues. I remember him showing up to help with bugs when I was farming for rivendare's deathcharger. I will never forget his patience. So sad to hear this news. :(

Siisz
Donor

#3 » Post by Siisz » 05 May 2021 20:59

I am so sorry to hear this - Axis and I started out very rough with budding heads, but found out very fast that it was due to a lot of similarities.

We shared a lot of experience, sadly in the negative direction. But at least it comforts my heart and soul knowing that he is with his beloved girlfriend who he has been grieving over for over 2 years, and their unborn child. I know that he wished this to a certain extend, so may he finally have found the long wanted peace and happiness in afterlife, that was taken so roughly away from him in this life time!

I will miss all my conversations with him, even when we had our moments where we didn't see eye to eye, he was still an amazing person with a lot of great values, who tried to do his best even when life kept kicking him down.
Mother of Raiders on the Storm: Siisz, Siiz, Siis, Siisliciousz, Siiszlyne, Siiszalian, Siizees and many more.

nikkal
Donor

#4 » Post by nikkal » 05 May 2021 21:15

I will miss you, my brother. I know you are at peace now, with Sarah and your child. I can't even start to describe how much i am going to miss you... Rest is peace, my Brother in Arms. We will meet one day.

Outsider
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Outsider » 05 May 2021 21:26

I have no words to describe how sad I am
Loosing my tutor as GM, one of my closest friends here on our server.

You may rest in peace now, friend
~ I am not one intruder, just an Outsider.

prasinos
Donor

#6 » Post by prasinos » 05 May 2021 21:29

R.I.P

//

Spartan.
Last edited by prasinos on 05 May 2021 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

sparky90

#7 » Post by sparky90 » 05 May 2021 21:31

I know for most of us WoW is a way to escape from reality, have fun and even make friends. In Regent's case I think it was also a way of proving his existence and worth while doing what he liked (knowing bits and pieces of his story). To me he looked like the cool uncle that you could always go to for advise (even though we're the same age) and he, of course, always responded. Really sad and shaken to hear of his passing, but I hope he finally found peace. The community here would never be the same without him for sure. Rest in peace, brotha.
P.s. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be a nice way to honor him with an NPC in Dala that looks like one of his characters and could have his quote.

paroliak

#8 » Post by paroliak » 05 May 2021 21:31

This is such a tragedy, Rege was an extraordinary player, and as GM just went above and beyond. His suggestions and his time spent helping test out the content have become a part of this long-standing server, his efforts and his memories will live on not only on this server but with us in our hearts. Rest in peace.. Rege, you will be sorely missed. Until we meet again.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#9 » Post by Dymond » 05 May 2021 21:32

My heart hurts, As most know he and I have been friends for a long time, it will be hard to look at his spot in Dalaran without thinking about him. He has long wanted to reunite with Sarah and his baby. I pray they are now together. Sadly this virus has taken way too many great people. I pray he is at peace now.

One last /hug /love

Dymond
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Matsy

#10 » Post by Matsy » 05 May 2021 21:42

I didn't speak much with Regent but this virus has taken too many good people.
I know bits and pieces about his story but hope he can find some peace finally.

I second the idea if possible for a NPC to be added to Dalaran in his honour.
Matsy pls
Mats - Frost PVE Troll Death Knight - Retired
Matsy - Moonkin/Restoration Druid (Laz0r Chicken)
Mat - Beastmaster Orc Hunter
Matz -Retribution Paladin
Matu - Troll Shadow Priest
Bolts - Elemental Troll Shaman
Kungfu - Orc Fury Warrior
Trollage - Troll Arcane Mage
Mato - Orc Affliction Warlock
Findme - Troll Assassination Rogue

I Pity the Fool who's illogical
Friends are just people you hate the least
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Outsider
Senior Game Master

#11 » Post by Outsider » 05 May 2021 21:44

About making a NPC similar to one of his characters in Dalaran. The Staff is already discussing it.
~ I am not one intruder, just an Outsider.

LampadaF

#12 » Post by LampadaF » 05 May 2021 22:09

Such sad news. I didn't know Axis as well as some of you, but I'll never forget the true kindness and support Axis showed me on a few occasions, going above and beyond the role of a GM.

parsee
Tester

#13 » Post by parsee » 05 May 2021 22:49

We always remember , never forget.
Rest In Peace Regent , best friend.

/hug

Reign

Benedictus
Senior Game Master

#14 » Post by Benedictus » 06 May 2021 00:19

My heart is shattered from these news, Axis cared more about this community than I ever thought was possible. He spent so much time, pouring his heart, time, knowledge and grit to make this place, this server, this community a better place. No one can have escaped his presence on this server in either the form of our beloved Quartermaster and Senior Game Master, Axis, or one of the best players on server, Regent.

He wanted this project to succeed, to prosper. He's the force that have put so much life into this place. He spent endless of hours, without sleeping just monitoring server making sure it's stable. He tested bug reports until he passed out on the keyboard and as soon as he woke up he continued. He was always online watching forum posts, discord tickets, duplicate IP's, Anti-cheat checks everything, all of this while having a full time job. People gave him so much shit and hate as both GM and Player while working his ass off for the sake of server. He was an unrelenting force, an unstoppable will to make this server better. This does him no justice of what he actually did for server.

When he wasn't helping out in raids, acting afk to do gm duties he was a great friend. He was an incredible passionate and true person with integrity, despite everything life served him he was always seconds away to talk, to listen to help out in anyway.

He did everything he could for the endurance of this community, it would have meant so much for him to see this place live on.

You were an incredible colleague, human and friend.

You have a place in my heart, though I despise you for leaving this big hole there.

Rest in peace David Axis Roberson, the Divye Mani.

wowyas1

#15 » Post by wowyas1 » 06 May 2021 00:29

So sad at hearing Axis is no more may he rip.. he always helped out and was very patient...i still cant believe he has left us for good...i only knew him as Axis ..you will be sorely missed bro ....Katee :(