Our realms merging - 2 November

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
mcheka

Re: Our realms merging - 2 November

#16 » Post by mcheka » 17 Oct 2020 06:53

Does it make sense to delay this by a few months, to allow PWplayers to play without the ultra-geared TW players and get some realm firsts on PW (as well as giving them some time to catch up and gear up), and have some semblance of a challenge before playing with all the uber-geared TW players?
Aurelian the Immortal
<Massive Forearms>
Danuvius of Inquisition

Imagine
Donor

#17 » Post by Imagine » 17 Oct 2020 08:15

All i see is pouch of whiny kids!
Sad they dont understand a word what GM/devs trying to say.
From my point of view thease crybabies dont have right to play here with that attitude.
god dem clown show i tell you guys..

Especially you Skyx.. if you decide to come up one more genius idea, please hold it yourself.

Roel
Founder

#18 » Post by Roel » 17 Oct 2020 11:14

Attacking each other is not going to help...
It seems some people missed the last announcement, it has been known for 2 months that a merge will happen at "the earliest opportunity". A compromise was already made by releasing WotLK, otherwise PrimalWoW would have merged straight from TBC. But the worst-case scenario is shutting down PrimalWoW without merge, the characters would be lost. As stupid as that may seem, it would actually need to be done eventually if I wasn't available to take care of the merge.

The severity of the situation becomes obvious when the entire merge depends on one person's availability. In a few months from now I'm less likely to have the time and don't even ask a few years from now, it may never happen if things are postponed too long.

m2oenergym2o

#19 » Post by m2oenergym2o » 17 Oct 2020 15:58

Can you guys cut with the crap about SM holders, PVP and 10 years old bis chars on TW ?! Imagine you start playing on a different server with active Wotlk realm, you are level 1 and have to start building up your char from nothing, are you gonna ask the GMs for free items/gold or w/e just to keep up with the people who currently play there before you do?! Noone will give you anything.

I have changed many servers during the years, always starting from 0 and I never went on some forum to complain about having no gear to compete or disbalanced pvp or w/e.

As the GameMasters already said above, this is a merge that was planned to happen, unfortunately, due to the circumstances Andriuss, Roel, Axis and so on already spoken about, it happens before the official date. Please do not fight or argue about that. No hate intended here, I welcome every player who join TW, we are all here to enjoy playing the game.

Cya in game.

Fearsum

#20 » Post by Fearsum » 17 Oct 2020 16:12

Glad i wont be playing on this server Merge. You took a great server of PW and rushed it into everyone do ICC hell with everything else. Another FAIL WotLK server. Sorry to say goodbye but you pushed ppl out. Ciao

Ruppy

#21 » Post by Ruppy » 17 Oct 2020 17:22

Why all the drama, staff has stated that this is a necessary plan from months ago, players on PW were given the opportunity to get realm first, level to 80 and obtain gear. Players who have not even logged for months show up to voice an opinion and to threaten to leave.... How can you leave when you have not even been active in months? Just here to cause drama. The transition to wrath went great. This merge will be good also. Thank you staff for supporting this server. We should be grateful to have such an awesome place to play FREE!

bobsmyname
Donor

#22 » Post by bobsmyname » 17 Oct 2020 17:59

Saying this again, because it's somehow impossible to wrap your heads around.
People aren't annoyed primal and truewow are merging. They're annoyed that they are losing out on what they joined the server for.
Two months seems ludicrous, the expectation had been around three, but whatever. There could have been....... way way more clarity with this.. (still waiting on responses on the original thread..), but again. It doesn't matter

As Roel said, this was all being handled by one single person. Roel. And if he will not be able to do it in the future, then it's being done now.
As much as I dislike this situation, for a multitude of reasons, thank you for opening Primal. Had some of my best moments here, and probably wouldn't have survived my depression without it.
Trans Rights

loveable4

#23 » Post by loveable4 » 17 Oct 2020 18:59

Hi , please dont gif my name to others after merge :cry: let it be in peace
]I dont play wow anymore , just walking around
Ghost

Nyeriah

#24 » Post by Nyeriah » 18 Oct 2020 23:10

What's the likehood of us not having enough resources to even maintain the truewow realm anymore?
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

skyx

#25 » Post by skyx » 19 Oct 2020 00:30

Nyeriah wrote:
18 Oct 2020 23:10
What's the likehood of us not having enough resources to even maintain the truewow realm anymore?
Wait. Are the TW staff trying to hint this through you or are you genuinely asking this question?

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#26 » Post by Dymond » 19 Oct 2020 00:41

What do you mean by resources? The current staff is prepared to maintain one realm.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Nyeriah

#27 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Oct 2020 01:00

skyx wrote:
19 Oct 2020 00:30
Nyeriah wrote:
18 Oct 2020 23:10
Wait. Are the TW staff trying to hint this through you or are you genuinely asking this question?

I was just genuinely asking a question. I think it's a legit concern considering the staff is often reassuring how little resources they have to the point Primal had to be discontinued.

Ever since the merge was announced I had the feeling people were just calling it quits. It just seems like the staff is tired of doing what they are doing and don't feel like running a server anymore (I'm not judging, I think it's fine to feel that way and rather natural too after so long). I'm just legitimatelly concerned about the chances of another sudden resource shortage leading to the plug being pulled, seeing how critical things became lately as expressed by several staff members here.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

Roel
Founder

#28 » Post by Roel » 19 Oct 2020 07:32

I have always said TW will remain unless absolutely not possible anymore. Don't believe anyone saying otherwise, such rumours won't do any good. We can stay online with a lack of developers but having a progressive realm is a different matter.

oonagh

#29 » Post by oonagh » 19 Oct 2020 14:09

Well i beleive PW is no more a progressive server since the 5th of september. So doesnt require specific developments, right ? Just maintenance as for TW.

Nyeriah

#30 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Oct 2020 14:21

Well, you don't need resources to maintain a progressive realm that doesn't progress either and you've been doing it for over two years at least. It just doesn't make sense why players weren't given any choice on this matter, like wether stay at TBC permanently, or give them the option to transfer to truewow if they wanted to but keeping Primal as it is.

You just said there was a possibility the merge wouldn't even happen and characters would be lost because everything depends entirely on you. That kinda spells out "absolutelly not possible anymore" to me. Even knowing that, obviously, as the owner the day you're not here then it's probably dead, such kind of task not happening because nobody else is available to do it and leading to severe things like that sounds pretty grim.

I think a large part of the issue with these rumours is due to the staff complaining about how they never have enough resources at every turn. As a new player just starting on a new server upon seeing things like this I feel very inclined to turn away. As a player who has invested an average amount of time, it may also lead me to think twice about my future plans. As someone who has spent at least over 6-7 years on my characters, I'm not going anywhere even if there are only 20 players online, but I'm not sure there are enough players that think the same way to keep a server running with all things considered. It'll eventually end up being a server with a larger staff member list than players actually playing the game.
― Johnny R. Cash