Our realms merging - 2 November

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Dymond
Senior Game Master

Re: Our realms merging - 2 November

#31 » Post by Dymond » 19 Oct 2020 16:04

Why bring all this up again? The decision has been made. You can ask players how long it takes for a ticket to be resolved, a crash cause to be identified and fixed, transfers completed and I bet you will get a positive answer. You are referring to something you are just assuming to be true and not the truth.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Nyeriah

#32 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Oct 2020 16:47

I'm referring to what I have read in this thread and to what the staff has passed to the community, not any assumption. If everything is fine, tickets are being responed in time, transfers are processed fast, crashes and bugs solved in no time - and I believe all of this is true - then why couldn't Primal be kept (without progression) and a merge was rushed?

What you say is contrary to what your coworkers just said, so I'm not really sure who to believe at this point.

I just asked a question. I am sorry if it couldn't be the most welcomed one, but someone needs to ask the tough questions now that Gnurg isn't here to do it anymore.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Jiranthos
Admin

#33 » Post by Jiranthos » 19 Oct 2020 17:18

You've already have got your answer. We have resources to maintain one realm. We're planning to maintain it. We're not burnt out or tired or disheartened. And the decision is made and Roel already said everything.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

oonagh

#34 » Post by oonagh » 19 Oct 2020 17:46

Well thank you for admitting finally that PW server was not the problem like using all ressources available.

Having 2 server is the problem. That make things different.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#35 » Post by Axis » 19 Oct 2020 18:03

oonagh wrote:
19 Oct 2020 17:46
Well thank you for admitting finally that PW server was not the problem like using all ressources available.

Having 2 server is the problem. That make things different.
Roel already made that clear here:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=40298
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Nyeriah

#36 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Oct 2020 18:24

Jiranthos wrote:
19 Oct 2020 17:18
You've already have got your answer. We have resources to maintain one realm. We're planning to maintain it. We're not burnt out or tired or disheartened. And the decision is made and Roel already said everything.
I suppose I have. Just one thing before I make my way out.

I don't believe enough effort was put into addressing this. If any compromise was made at all, it was only made after players voiced their discontentment with the solution taken and even then they only got a couple of months. Otherwise, they would just be merged with little to no notice. That being said, I have no reasons to believe TrueWoW won't follow the same fate.

Spare me the "decision taken with a heavy heart" talk. Bad decisions are also taken with a heavy heart. It happens. To me, inevitably, there could've been better ways to deal with this and if you had brought the community into it maybe you would have reached out a better outcome from the start.

I'd have personally helped if I was aware of any of this and development resources were needed for a smoother transition or a better compromise only and until things stabilized. Perhaps others would follow up as well. You just needed to ask.

But alas, every choice is renunciation.
Last edited by Nyeriah on 19 Oct 2020 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

oonagh

#37 » Post by oonagh » 19 Oct 2020 19:01

Axis wrote:
16 Oct 2020 15:16

Roel made the reasons for the merge abundantly crystal clear.
We neither have the personnel nor the resources to provide PW its originally intended progression, as much as we would've loved to do otherwise.
Therefore, PW has become surplus to requirements and its current WotLK needs can be fulfilled with the existing TW realm (since they're functionally identical).
This decision was deliberated upon for months and was not made lightly.

:) ty Axis for reminding me the original post. As you mentioned in yours PW was the problem .... and its not about progression as it doenst existe anymore.

So its just about maintenance of 2 realms.

nikkal
Donor

#38 » Post by nikkal » 19 Oct 2020 20:41

If i may jump on this train, PW was intended as progression and eventually merging with TW, since it was started. It was advertised as such, I still do not see a problem with it, even if not everything is happening was announced years ago! Every single of PW players was or should have been aware of that, since they started playing there. And instead of seeing new opportunities in merging, idk why is everyone crying over it. If it bothers you so much, make your own PW guild and stop XP on lvl 70, do tbc raids. Make your own chats, etc. Or same thing, make your own guild, and progress how ever you want to. No one is stopping you.

bobsmyname
Donor

#39 » Post by bobsmyname » 21 Oct 2020 07:50

bobsmyname wrote:
17 Oct 2020 17:59
People aren't annoyed primal and truewow are merging. They're annoyed that they are losing out on what they joined the server for.
nikkal wrote:
19 Oct 2020 20:41
Reposting again... -_-

Also, yes. We could so easily go and do true wrath progression if we wanted to. Both from getting people to agree and stay and do it with us, and the fact that Ulduar is easily completable in Naxx / heroic gear.
Plus, it is not as if anyone on Primal ever at a single point showed interest in pvp, and even if they did, could buy the "current" season's set without farming 400 emblems every season, and the early season offparts and weapons are surely available.

Nothing is stopping us! Go team primal!
Trans Rights

skyx

#40 » Post by skyx » 21 Oct 2020 10:32

A truly progressive WOTLK experience with both an active PvE and PvP community is very enjoyable.

My first wotlk server 10 years ago progressed from TBC to T7/S5 all the way to T10/S8. It wasn't perfect but the things that mattered (PvP spells/abilities, PvE scripts, WG working,etc) mostly worked at a satisfactory level.
PvPing with and against characters during S6 and S7 were fun. There were a broad representation of classes and combinations at every level. Despite this, Warrior/Healer was the most popular combo. However, the best warriors on the server differentiated themselves mainly from skill and not gear.
Also, the most important aspect of the server was that the Staff made sure to receive opinions from a well rounded sample of the player population when implementing big changes and not just forum users from one particular guild. The server cease to exist due to a multitude of reasons.

Longi

#41 » Post by Longi » 26 Oct 2020 14:43

As I read this soap opera, mby its time for a new episode of Truewow crawl ^_^

neograven

#42 » Post by neograven » 02 Nov 2020 15:48

I did have one question, according to how TW and PW accounts are being handled. on TW I have a toon with heirlooms, and once merged that account is not on my "main" account which was the PW account. So, my account bound items are on an old account, and not the one that is my main account. Is there a way to transfer a toon from my older TW account to the newer TW (ex PW) account? I would like to use my heirlooms..

Roel
Founder

#43 » Post by Roel » 02 Nov 2020 16:32

neograven wrote:
02 Nov 2020 15:48
I did have one question, according to how TW and PW accounts are being handled. on TW I have a toon with heirlooms, and once merged that account is not on my "main" account which was the PW account. So, my account bound items are on an old account, and not the one that is my main account. Is there a way to transfer a toon from my older TW account to the newer TW (ex PW) account? I would like to use my heirlooms..
Since you had 15 characters and the limit is 10 per realm, they wouldn't fit on one account. I would only reverse this if you were willing to delete 5 characters which probably isn't the case. I'm afraid we generally don't accept any requests to move characters to another account, for several reasons. But all characters from the same realm were kept together so your capabilities to trade heirlooms won't be different than prior to the merge.

neograven

#44 » Post by neograven » 02 Nov 2020 16:51

Roel wrote:
02 Nov 2020 16:32
neograven wrote:
02 Nov 2020 15:48
Since you had 15 characters and the limit is 10 per realm, they wouldn't fit on one account. I would only reverse this if you were willing to delete 5 characters which probably isn't the case. I'm afraid we generally don't accept any requests to move characters to another account, for several reasons. But all characters from the same realm were kept together so your capabilities to trade heirlooms won't be different than prior to the merge.
Fair enough. PW did not have the option to get heirlooms, I will just work on grabbing them for my 'new' account on TW.. Cheers!

Axis
Senior Game Master

#45 » Post by Axis » 02 Nov 2020 19:49

For those of you who ran addons on PW, please read this: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=40347

In addition, for those who have customization icon on their character at the character selection screen:
If you do not wish to rename or customize your character, simply press the Accept button without making any changes.
You will be able to proceed and resume playing as normal. Note: It's just a complimentary customization service, due to the merge.
If you wish to rename a character that has a dot in front of its name, such as `.Axis` - simply log into the character and set a new name when prompted.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.