PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
User avatar
NoblemaneNZ
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Jun 2020 05:50

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#46 » Post by NoblemaneNZ » 27 Aug 2020 04:31

andriuspel wrote:
27 Aug 2020 03:49
NoblemaneNZ wrote:
27 Aug 2020 03:35
Dbearded1 wrote:
27 Aug 2020 02:13
Why can't primal be left at it's current progression point of sunwell , or is it still more work for 2 servers than just one? Most of the people on primal have gotten used to the slow release of content, I still think that even if it took years before it progressed any further that when it finally did we would get alot of players that would return for an actual progression.
Better yet why can't both realms stay separate but run off the same core.
realms already shares same codebase (pw has minor adjustments for progressive, thats all), this has been told in years and yet people asking same over and over...

PW ALREADY RUNS ON SAME CORE AS TRUEWOW, ALL OUR REALMS DOES since 2016!
Not exactly being professional there.

User avatar
andriuspel
Developer
Posts: 416
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 02:29

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#47 » Post by andriuspel » 27 Aug 2020 04:38

NoblemaneNZ wrote:
27 Aug 2020 04:31
andriuspel wrote:
27 Aug 2020 03:49
NoblemaneNZ wrote:
27 Aug 2020 03:35


Better yet why can't both realms stay separate but run off the same core.
realms already shares same codebase (pw has minor adjustments for progressive, thats all), this has been told in years and yet people asking same over and over...

PW ALREADY RUNS ON SAME CORE AS TRUEWOW, ALL OUR REALMS DOES since 2016!
Not exactly being professional there.
man, i even personally in past told such thing to you, how its non professional? ok then, i will go professionally and will make huge image with 128 ft font to make people to finally read, you will can make it as desktop wallpaper to read and not forget it ;) since not only me mentioned but it was spammed over all corners and yet people insists that we use splitted code base, i'm simply tired of explaining same and same over for same players. Prolly its time to upgrade glasses for once
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

User avatar
NoblemaneNZ
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Jun 2020 05:50

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#48 » Post by NoblemaneNZ » 27 Aug 2020 04:52

andriuspel wrote:
27 Aug 2020 04:38
NoblemaneNZ wrote:
27 Aug 2020 04:31
andriuspel wrote:
27 Aug 2020 03:49


realms already shares same codebase (pw has minor adjustments for progressive, thats all), this has been told in years and yet people asking same over and over...

PW ALREADY RUNS ON SAME CORE AS TRUEWOW, ALL OUR REALMS DOES since 2016!
Not exactly being professional there.
man, i even personally in past told such thing to you, how its non professional? ok then, i will go professionally and will make huge image with 128 ft font to make people to finally read, you will can make it as desktop wallpaper to read and not forget it ;) since not only me mentioned but it was spammed over all corners and yet people insists that we use splitted code base, i'm simply tired of explaining same and same over for same players. Prolly its time to upgrade glasses for once
.....................................................
Last edited by NoblemaneNZ on 30 Aug 2020 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andriuspel
Developer
Posts: 416
Joined: 04 Jan 2014 02:29

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#49 » Post by andriuspel » 27 Aug 2020 05:38

its not only as player but in real life too, if you begin with bad attitude, you will receive same back. Same as player shows bad attitude, plr could expect same in return ;) anyways you have 30 days to rethink of your chars deletions
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

User avatar
Jiranthos
Admin
Posts: 1850
Joined: 23 Jun 2015 03:43
Location: Not on your bad side, hopefully

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#50 » Post by Jiranthos » 27 Aug 2020 07:45

Hello everyone.

I want to point out that Andriuspel does not represent the entire staff. Take his comments with a grain of salt. We can't be removing them, that would be censoring our own people. Know that decisions are up to a majority vote and admin approval. If your concerns which are understandable are being met with emotional resistance from him you can and should take it as his personal opinion.
I'm very saddened that it's not so already. When you people talk about "staff attitude", have you taken my attitude in consideration? Is my attitude horrible? Dymond's? Roel's? The multiple other team members?

I'd like to think that we're somewhat approachable and informing you timely about internal discussions. Developers aren't GMs or Administrators. There are different skill sets and competencies.

As for why it cannot stay on Sunwell indefinitely, this approach is costly and unplannable. We can't even begin to measure when we'll be able to support and move on with PW in that case. Months or 2 years or 7 years, it's literally unplannable. We went with the decision to do what can be planned and for which a road map can be created so the entire team knows where to focus efforts on.
Leaving PW on Sunwell would be kind of meh and then very low priority and eventually (I fear) neglected entirely as efforts are put into things that are mapped out and prioritised. PW would go into development hell.

If you disagree, feel free to comment and suggest. I don't want an atmosphere here where healthy discussion is met with strawmen and ad hominems. If you don't get the response you waited for, please don't lash out at whoever first answered you in a way that wasn't acceptable to you and take it as the be all end all response from the staff. Wait some more or tag admins.

Thank you all for your attention in reading all of this. Again, I wish for nothing more than to ease the transition and stay professional.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

User avatar
Roel
Founder
Posts: 6428
Joined: 17 May 2010 14:51
Location: Planet Earth

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#51 » Post by Roel » 27 Aug 2020 08:58

Reiliana wrote:
27 Aug 2020 00:44
Roel wrote:
25 Aug 2020 15:22
Note that you're always free to progress through WotLK at your own accord, a disciplined guild could manage this. We have some ideas to support this playstyle as a compromise but again no work has been done yet.
Could we get some elaboration on this part? Or perhaps it could be a separate thread.
With the release pushed forward, it's pretty much impossible to implement anything for such progression in time. And we basically only have one person willing and capable to do such work so there is no certainty that it will ever happen.

This uncertainty is why the announcement was made in the first place. So for the questions of why not stay on Sunwell? As Jiranthos also explained above, it wouldn't automatically mean that a progressive WotLK release will be offered later even if 5 years pass. Or as written in the announcement: "The only other option is keeping it as a static TBC realm indefinitely".

User avatar
bobsmyname
Donor
Posts: 163
Joined: 19 Jan 2016 01:21

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#52 » Post by bobsmyname » 27 Aug 2020 14:41

Jiranthos wrote:
27 Aug 2020 07:45
We went with the decision to do what can be planned and for which a road map can be created so the entire team knows where to focus efforts on.
May I ask how planned out this decision is? So far only presented plan is 80 content on the Fifth (less than two weeks notice) and then the merge.... later.
I'm also unaware if we've even decided a definitive 'how' we're going about this. It's stated there's enough time to level and get proffs, daily arena flushes, and realm firsts will be available, but nothing said on AH bot, honor/ap reset, if we'll have a realistic time period to get any raid realm firsts, let alone just the first tier, what we'd do about our arena season (if it's canceled or if we're just using s8).

Do we have a plan?
Trans Rights

User avatar
Elexias
Posts: 24
Joined: 06 Apr 2018 06:52
Location: Serbia

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#53 » Post by Elexias » 27 Aug 2020 18:07

Also what are plans for Inscription implementing? Is it going to happen in pre-patch (next few days) or when WotLK hits, would be nice to push it before actual release since there are many players who have stocked tons of herbs to make glyphs ready for WotLK.

Also honor points/arena points often got on retail transferred to gold, do not remember what happend with BoJ, since they're useless for WotLK they probably stayed.

User avatar
Floss
Posts: 471
Joined: 25 Jan 2014 20:46

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#54 » Post by Floss » 29 Aug 2020 17:32

"All change is change for the better" - Neale donald walsch.

I'm pleased to hear that this is finally happening and at good timing.
All of the nonsupporting posts indicate the no one is seeing the glass as half full , try it , I have many reasons to support this merge , just off the top of my head :

Population -
As Roel stated and its needless to say , population growth is the prime benefit and this merge would enlarge one realm's player base to make it more "properly playable" , by advertising that we can attract new players and bring the old ones back , that is the higher value in my opinion , if there's no population growth then naturally the opposite happens , so think of it as supporting the greater good of the server , taking for one for the team even if its not the most suitable action for you , that's what makes us a great community after all.

Evolvement -
When has staying in the "comfort zone" ever contributed in the development of one's skills & experience ? Sure its nice if we would keep our easy daily routine going on but who are we kidding? we want challenge! its in our nature to look for a new challenge everyday , otherwise we lose interest , here's an opportunity served on a silver platter. don't wait till it becomes too late.

Wider Competition -
Think of moving from Primalwow to Truewow as graduation from beginner's league to the big boys league .its exciting We love to challenge new faces , observe new skills and ideas , and to inflect ours as well (in both PVE and PVP). It's a win win ,TrueWow players will benefit as well.

Socialism -
As simple as it sounds , you get to meet new people , make new friends , broaden your social activities and guilds. that's always recommended.


At first it may not look easy or fair but if you wait a while and have faith in the process , you will see that this change is for the better.
Remember that this was bound to happen eventually , the only difference is its happening a bit earlier .

User avatar
Quinnifer88
Posts: 1
Joined: 26 Aug 2015 14:05

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#55 » Post by Quinnifer88 » 29 Aug 2020 21:47

Hi, sorry if this has been addressed somewhere, but I didn't see it if it was.

My question is, on one of my accounts I have 10 characters on TW and 9 on PW. I am pretty sure I can't have 19 toons on one account, so how does that work? Do I need to start deleting characters until I have a total of 10 on both realms so when the merge happens they will all come together on the only realm? Or am I missing something obvious? Wouldn't be the first time...

Thanks in advance

PS: Thanks for all the hard work the staff has done here over the years, been here since 2012

User avatar
Roel
Founder
Posts: 6428
Joined: 17 May 2010 14:51
Location: Planet Earth

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#56 » Post by Roel » 29 Aug 2020 22:10

Quinnifer88 wrote:
29 Aug 2020 21:47
Hi, sorry if this has been addressed somewhere, but I didn't see it if it was.

My question is, on one of my accounts I have 10 characters on TW and 9 on PW. I am pretty sure I can't have 19 toons on one account, so how does that work? Do I need to start deleting characters until I have a total of 10 on both realms so when the merge happens they will all come together on the only realm? Or am I missing something obvious? Wouldn't be the first time...

Thanks in advance

PS: Thanks for all the hard work the staff has done here over the years, been here since 2012
No need to delete characters unless you want to keep them all on one account, the details will follow later.

User avatar
olabola
Posts: 45
Joined: 29 Dec 2013 12:28

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#57 » Post by olabola » 30 Aug 2020 16:33

Now I can understand you want to merge the two servers, supposedly this will lead to an increase in the population on tw, which might be the case, but a gamble.

To "compensate" Pw players, I suggest that wotlk launch should not be rushed out in 1 week, rather nerf everything to wotlk values, release inscription and allow proper prep, then 2-3 weeks later, release wotlk.
As I understand its too much work to lock other tiers above naxx/os/malygos initially for some months before releasing next tier, and so forth?

atm there seems to be a discussion when merge will happen, ok, thats also fine, we can all understand there is a staff shortage, but is it a ballpark estimate? is it 1 week after release, or is it early 2021?

If we get no time for these things I say just do a rapid wotlk values initiation on primal with inscription so we can do something the last week vs just standing around

User avatar
Bradonja
Posts: 30
Joined: 26 Jan 2017 17:57

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#58 » Post by Bradonja » 30 Aug 2020 17:54

Floss wrote:
29 Aug 2020 17:32
"All change is change for the better" - Neale donald walsch.

I'm pleased to hear that this is finally happening and at good timing.
All of the nonsupporting posts indicate the no one is seeing the glass as half full , try it , I have many reasons to support this merge , just off the top of my head :

Population -
As Roel stated and its needless to say , population growth is the prime benefit and this merge would enlarge one realm's player base to make it more "properly playable" , by advertising that we can attract new players and bring the old ones back , that is the higher value in my opinion , if there's no population growth then naturally the opposite happens , so think of it as supporting the greater good of the server , taking for one for the team even if its not the most suitable action for you , that's what makes us a great community after all.

Evolvement -
When has staying in the "comfort zone" ever contributed in the development of one's skills & experience ? Sure its nice if we would keep our easy daily routine going on but who are we kidding? we want challenge! its in our nature to look for a new challenge everyday , otherwise we lose interest , here's an opportunity served on a silver platter. don't wait till it becomes too late.

Wider Competition -
Think of moving from Primalwow to Truewow as graduation from beginner's league to the big boys league .its exciting We love to challenge new faces , observe new skills and ideas , and to inflect ours as well (in both PVE and PVP). It's a win win ,TrueWow players will benefit as well.

Socialism -
As simple as it sounds , you get to meet new people , make new friends , broaden your social activities and guilds. that's always recommended.


At first it may not look easy or fair but if you wait a while and have faith in the process , you will see that this change is for the better.
Remember that this was bound to happen eventually , the only difference is its happening a bit earlier .
What an idiotic and condescending post, I'm stunned. Why can wrath babies never understand that wotlk is in fact NOT everyone else's favorite expansion too. And guess what, this won't even make a dent in TW's population issues.

Meanwhile, what used to be a unique server where you could play TBC content in a 3.3.5 client is now just another dead fully progressed wotlk server. Enjoy the 5 extra players, I'm sure some of them will want advice from the "big boys league", lmao.

User avatar
Floss
Posts: 471
Joined: 25 Jan 2014 20:46

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#59 » Post by Floss » 30 Aug 2020 22:45

Bradonja wrote:
30 Aug 2020 17:54
Floss wrote:
29 Aug 2020 17:32
What an idiotic and condescending post, I'm stunned. Why can wrath babies never understand that wotlk is in fact NOT everyone else's favorite expansion too. And guess what, this won't even make a dent in TW's population issues.

Meanwhile, what used to be a unique server where you could play TBC content in a 3.3.5 client is now just another dead fully progressed wotlk server. Enjoy the 5 extra players, I'm sure some of them will want advice from the "big boys league", lmao.
I took you for a smarter one, you've somehow managed to miss all the points in my post by taking this so personally.

Clearly I wasn't suggesting that TW players are "more experienced" than PW players , I referred to the fact that TW players are better geared which creates a nice challenge for others(hence came "entering the big boys league" remark - lmao).

When something is eventually bound to change, you can either be smart and make the best of it , or stay on the side crying over it. your choice.

User avatar
oonagh
Posts: 9
Joined: 27 Nov 2014 21:04

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#60 » Post by oonagh » 31 Aug 2020 11:10

@Floss

Easy to say when you are in the comfort zone.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest