PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
nikkal
Donor

Re: Our Future

#16 » Post by nikkal » 25 Aug 2020 17:16

cause PW is original realm of TrueWoW,
It's literaly called Truewow....

Orochy

#17 » Post by Orochy » 25 Aug 2020 17:18

There hasn't been a merge of realms for long time, so not sure who and when earned realm first and never got that achievement on TrueWoW.
Would be nice when we merge with TW that all your gear get's scaled or idk, 95% of PW people will leave if you have Shadowmourne in pvp and we have blue crafted gear.
Sorry but we worked very hard to obtain the items we have now. Took time, effort, coordination and resolve to get end-game content done. Losing all of our gear because you're merging with us is completely unacceptable. But i'm sure that won't happen either way.

ShinDarth
Donor

#18 » Post by ShinDarth » 25 Aug 2020 17:22

Can anyone at least explain to me why my answer to this post has been deleted? This is not nice, I haven't broken any rule...

Staff Edit:
Former GamingConsortium developer

Creator of PvPstats

Former 70-79 Twink player - M/Nadrine (Destruction Warlock)

Elexias

#19 » Post by Elexias » 25 Aug 2020 17:23

Orochy wrote:
25 Aug 2020 17:18
There hasn't been a merge of realms for long time, so not sure who and when earned realm first and never got that achievement on TrueWoW.
Would be nice when we merge with TW that all your gear get's scaled or idk, 95% of PW people will leave if you have Shadowmourne in pvp and we have blue crafted gear.
Sorry but we worked very hard to obtain the items we have now. Took time, effort, coordination and resolve to get end-game content done. Losing all of our gear because you're merging with us is completely unacceptable. But i'm sure that won't happen either way.
I can say the same, you're merging with us, I worked hard to get some things on TBC and now I as someone who is hardcore player need to die to someone who has shadowmourne while I have 0 gear? Even tho I'm BiS for TBC stage atm like you're maybe for WotLK stage.

bobsmyname
Donor

#20 » Post by bobsmyname » 25 Aug 2020 17:32

If this was under the basis of money, having realms open costing much more than the income from donations or something, sure I'd understand. Rather, it's under the basis that we're under powered. Which surprisingly isn't new information, and we've been understanding of this for a long time now. We've been ready for long waits between releases.

But, now the progressive, t6 realm is being inserted into the t10h realm. Told we can chose progress on our own (only raidwise tho, progressive pvp won't be able to exist), and this is expected to be well received and for the merged players to stay.

At least we got a tiny bit of warning before the news this time I suppose, *cough xrealm*
Trans Rights

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#21 » Post by Dymond » 25 Aug 2020 18:22

I played on a server called Bloodcraft that merged here. The server I played on did not have full content open. Players were received as a blessing and we were happy to join a server with new content. I believe Primalwow players will receive the same welcome and would hope all join as one. As Roel said, details have not been finalized and date not set. Joining the two realm will give staff more time to focus on making one realm the best it can be.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

bobsmyname
Donor

#22 » Post by bobsmyname » 25 Aug 2020 18:26

Those who are actually interested in staying, sure. I'm sure they will be welcomed.
Trans Rights

Roel
Founder

#23 » Post by Roel » 25 Aug 2020 20:16

Elexias wrote:
25 Aug 2020 15:48
2) Allow people on PrimalWoW to level before merge, there are people that love hard play and achievement farm, allow us to get realm firsts on levels, professions before merging us. There are people who have tons of mats and play on both PrimalWoW and TrueWoW, make it fair for us to level so please do not merge us before we get RFs.
After reading through these posts, this is the most reasonable suggestion that we are discussing. Releasing WotLK on PrimalWoW in a 3.3.5a state won't be much work and therefore won't delay the merge. It can at least give enough time for realm first 80s and professions which we wouldn't remove with the merge. Please let us know if anyone else likes this idea.

As for other suggestions, I can't reply to everything right now. But most of the things can't be done for the same reason as this was announced. Even if everyone agrees and it doesn't seem like much work, someone has to take responsibility for it otherwise it simply won't happen. We fully expected some people to leave the server because of this so I wouldn't have made this announcement if the situation wasn't that bad.

Eli_William
Donor

#24 » Post by Eli_William » 25 Aug 2020 21:05

I just want to thank you Dev's, GM's and testers for all the fun I have here.
I went primal after playing years on TW because it seemed fun to me.
and it is :)

but staying realistic since we are dealing with real life here for those who work on this project.
do that what keeps the fun in your life. PW sure is great imho, but if it's time to move on, move on :)

theprinz2

#25 » Post by theprinz2 » 25 Aug 2020 21:43

It is surely obvious that many of us would have preferred things to go differently. Still, Roel, you have my full support. Thanks so far for a brilliant WoW server =)
And thanks in advance for more of that ;-)

Regards,
Tol

Kekvelash

#26 » Post by Kekvelash » 26 Aug 2020 00:19

Primal-Emperor Zsombee aka Zsman the Unjust here, me and the boys are deeply saddened to hear these news, it's incredible to think that all of us that met up on this server all these years ago, are still in daily contact with eachother. All those memes, all the bugs, all the questionable GM behaviour doesn't matter in the end, we universally agree that Primal-WoW has been the most fun realm we've ever played on. I for one am sure that I couldn't have become a top 100 classic warcraftlogs parser and huge youtube e-celeb, if I didn't play on Primal all those years ago. Thank you Roel and every else who worked on this project, yeah we might have been nasty at times, and I sure did get banned 28 or so times on the forums, but god damn I loved every minute of it.

- Members of <Not Banned Yet> including but not limited to:
-Lee
-Zsombee
-Varus
-Pembroke
-Perkulator
-Rosario
-Dale
-Limbo
-Crimson
-Hamsterwheel
-Shlomo
-Yucky
-Scuba Cops
-Jonah Goldberg
-Cloudra
-Keo
-Itburns
-Juve
-Doublespoons
-Carl Johnson
-Fartlight
-Swallowmaster420
-Mozg
-Sargantis
-Paparazzi
-Drumy
-닉가
-Craig
-Santah
-Rephaim
-Staybreezy
-The Tickler
-Toast
-Whiteglint

NoblemaneNZ

#27 » Post by NoblemaneNZ » 26 Aug 2020 01:59

I hope TW goes PvE then.

skyx

#28 » Post by skyx » 26 Aug 2020 02:34

Elexias wrote:
25 Aug 2020 17:23
Orochy wrote:
25 Aug 2020 17:18
I can say the same, you're merging with us, I worked hard to get some things on TBC and now I as someone who is hardcore player need to die to someone who has shadowmourne while I have 0 gear? Even tho I'm BiS for TBC stage atm like you're maybe for WotLK stage.
I 100% agree with you but unfortunately, most TW players either do not or can not think from a new player's perspective when it comes to PvP. They mostly want use to their overpowered PvE gear in PvP.

The best and most fair way is to restrict (and not delete) overpowered gear in BGs/Arenas so even newer players/PW players can "catch up" by being able to obtain gear of similar ilvl (e.g. wf offpieces are ilvl264 like icc25 boe drops and professions gear which are all realistically obtainable even for a casual PvP player) but everytime I or someone else suggests this, it gets shot down immediately and without thought (even though PvP would become much enjoyable).

Most TW players will not even entertain the thought of gear restriction even for a short while; most are extremely resistant to change.

Also for the first few weeks of the merge, WF main pieces should also be restricted and gradually unrestricted so new players can (relatively) catch up in my opinion.

PvP should be about PvP and not how many ICC/RS runs you did.

PrimalWoW players should also demand and deserve a fair compensation package because they joined PW on the basis it was to be a fully progressive server up to the end of WOTLK. My suggestion would be like a "G***er D******t Style" transfer where PW players get an entire set of PvE (tier 9) and/or PvP (furious/relentless/a mix of the two) set of basic gear to start them off, adequate compensatory gold and other stuff requested by PW players.

The amount of compensation should be proportional to the amount of time they have spent playing on PW.

Eronox
MVP

#29 » Post by Eronox » 26 Aug 2020 07:46

[quote=andriuspel post_id=429690 time=1598364611 user_id=15847]
i feel bit pitty about this either, i actually indeed wanted to continue work, but raids (3.1 content least) still needs lots of work, naxxramas in other hand, lacks some of mechanics (like as in every high pop server), its missing movements, its missing a lot things. Its not even raids which needs work.

Nyeriah, progression on wotlk data still needs careful inspection, we planned 3.1 content, so argent tournament actually shouldn;t be existing, its not only dalaran vendors but also rest vendors which were nerfed in patches, spells werent addded into wotlk progression plan.

As Roel stated we indeed lack of man power, we're 1-2 devs currently, my schedule to work is getting shortened at most. I asked people to help with release, they tested, helped to find issues with willingness for good wotlk launch, basically i really was willing to continue but with current manpower we would end up +2-3 years of progression and even now we're stressed with our tasks for development, i really feeling pitty for these ppl who supported and helped me.

byself i have several ideas to make some possible workaround for PW players to compensate it, to maybe make work similar to ironman event, so people actually could do vanilla, tbc and wotlk progression without getting splitted (noting, its just base idea, i do not want to give promises). I Really thank for people who helped, they really well contributed for both realms.
[/quote]

Now you know how it feels to be the sole developer. Myself and Nyeriah have been there, done that.

And additionally to that sugar mountain: Administration, because the rest was AFK or supposedly just "lurking".

It makes one do bad things, but also a legend in the hall of fame.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

mungos

#30 » Post by mungos » 26 Aug 2020 10:03

Do what you have to do, at the start of Primal wow it was said that the day of the merger will come. And you need to be understood because people are missing and these are great things for me to do them myself. players the same with suggestions that's a good thing.