PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
andriuspel
Former Staff

Re: Our Future

#31 » Post by andriuspel » 26 Aug 2020 11:49

Eronox wrote:
26 Aug 2020 07:46
andriuspel wrote:
25 Aug 2020 16:10
i feel bit pitty about this either, i actually indeed wanted to continue work, but raids (3.1 content least) still needs lots of work, naxxramas in other hand, lacks some of mechanics (like as in every high pop server), its missing movements, its missing a lot things. Its not even raids which needs work.

Nyeriah, progression on wotlk data still needs careful inspection, we planned 3.1 content, so argent tournament actually shouldn;t be existing, its not only dalaran vendors but also rest vendors which were nerfed in patches, spells werent addded into wotlk progression plan.

As Roel stated we indeed lack of man power, we're 1-2 devs currently, my schedule to work is getting shortened at most. I asked people to help with release, they tested, helped to find issues with willingness for good wotlk launch, basically i really was willing to continue but with current manpower we would end up +2-3 years of progression and even now we're stressed with our tasks for development, i really feeling pitty for these ppl who supported and helped me.

byself i have several ideas to make some possible workaround for PW players to compensate it, to maybe make work similar to ironman event, so people actually could do vanilla, tbc and wotlk progression without getting splitted (noting, its just base idea, i do not want to give promises). I Really thank for people who helped, they really well contributed for both realms.
Now you know how it feels to be the sole developer. Myself and Nyeriah have been there, done that.

And additionally to that sugar mountain: Administration, because the rest was AFK or supposedly just "lurking".

It makes one do bad things, but also a legend in the hall of fame.
Most of my schedule got shortened by IRL job, freelancing and getting less and less free time. Also my family is having major issues which needs priorities. People knows only criticism as most. I still will try to focus on all planned stuff (improve content which was planned for progression). Actually i do not do administration, mostly gm support at most when others are busy.

Anyways i'm always open to talk about development, ideas (which doesn't go with too big restrictions/customizations)
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Supernova

#32 » Post by Supernova » 26 Aug 2020 13:49

Make a gear restriction or similar to wintergrasp scale buff for lower gears in pvp - arena
Diabla - Blood Elf Paladin
Ambrosia - Blood Elf Death Knight
Supernova - Orc Shaman
Bladespinner - Orc Warrior

abcynia

#33 » Post by abcynia » 26 Aug 2020 15:51

This is pretty bad news for Primal players.
We'll be merged into a PvP realm. We'll be merged into a realm where most players are geared to the teeth. We'll be merged into a realm where I would imagine the economy has developed at a very different pace with much higher inflation. We'll be merged into a realm where all world-firsts are done.
In the end, will the population really be that much better if a lot of people are put off by this?

Axis
Senior Game Master

#34 » Post by Axis » 26 Aug 2020 16:07

abcynia wrote:
26 Aug 2020 15:51
This is pretty bad news for Primal players.
We'll be merged into a PvP realm. We'll be merged into a realm where most players are geared to the teeth. We'll be merged into a realm where I would imagine the economy has developed at a very different pace with much higher inflation. We'll be merged into a realm where all world-firsts are done.
In the end, will the population really be that much better if a lot of people are put off by this?
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

abcynia

#35 » Post by abcynia » 26 Aug 2020 16:14

That would probably work as a decent compromise. If able to level to 80 without worrying about being ganked by some bored 80, then it wouldn't really bother me being a PvP realm once merged.

kurthos

#36 » Post by kurthos » 26 Aug 2020 16:27

:(

windygirl104

#37 » Post by windygirl104 » 26 Aug 2020 16:34

I am in full agreement with Elexias. Let the PW people catch up before the merge!

Jiranthos
Admin

#38 » Post by Jiranthos » 26 Aug 2020 17:40

I'm happy that we can come to some kind of compromise. I'm sure letting PW people catch up level wise is very doable.

Let us know if there are other suggestions to ease the transition. And thank you for your continued trust and support.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

charlie

#39 » Post by charlie » 26 Aug 2020 20:36

So every 1 from primal gets a free plauge drake and black drake along with realm first titles RIGHT???? Seeing as how doing this fucks us over and makes thim unattainable

Roel
Founder

Re: PrimalWoW WotLK - 5 September

#40 » Post by Roel » 26 Aug 2020 20:49

The announcement has been updated based on some of the feedback we received. Included also a link for discussion about the PvP realm that some people were concerned about, it's not yet decided which setting the realm will use after the merge.
Roel wrote:
25 Aug 2020 15:22
5 September (around 11AM server time) will mark the release of WotLK on Primal and all 3.3.5a content will be available. This will be paired with an arena rating reset and Primal will also get daily arena flushes (see previous announcement). Realm firsts are available except for Naxx (which was already done during the Vanilla phase) and nothing will be removed after the merge. There will be enough time for leveling and gearing before the merge happens.
Vote on PvP or PvE realm

Reiliana

#41 » Post by Reiliana » 27 Aug 2020 00:44

Roel wrote:
25 Aug 2020 15:22
Note that you're always free to progress through WotLK at your own accord, a disciplined guild could manage this. We have some ideas to support this playstyle as a compromise but again no work has been done yet.
Could we get some elaboration on this part? Or perhaps it could be a separate thread.

The only thing that I really wanted from a future primal wrath server was a (somewhat) structured release of raid content. Dropping right into TW with ICC out is... not exactly ideal for that. Possible yes, but from what I see so far would be incredibly difficult to maintain over time since it would have to be done entirely with the honor system.

Dbearded1

#42 » Post by Dbearded1 » 27 Aug 2020 02:13

Why can't primal be left at it's current progression point of sunwell , or is it still more work for 2 servers than just one? Most of the people on primal have gotten used to the slow release of content, I still think that even if it took years before it progressed any further that when it finally did we would get alot of players that would return for an actual progression.

NoblemaneNZ

#43 » Post by NoblemaneNZ » 27 Aug 2020 03:35

Dbearded1 wrote:
27 Aug 2020 02:13
Why can't primal be left at it's current progression point of sunwell , or is it still more work for 2 servers than just one? Most of the people on primal have gotten used to the slow release of content, I still think that even if it took years before it progressed any further that when it finally did we would get alot of players that would return for an actual progression.
Better yet why can't both realms stay separate but run off the same core.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#44 » Post by andriuspel » 27 Aug 2020 03:49

NoblemaneNZ wrote:
27 Aug 2020 03:35
Dbearded1 wrote:
27 Aug 2020 02:13
Better yet why can't both realms stay separate but run off the same core.
realms already shares same codebase (pw has minor adjustments for progressive, thats all), this has been told in years and yet people asking same over and over...

PW ALREADY RUNS ON SAME CORE AS TRUEWOW, ALL OUR REALMS DOES since 2016!
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Dbearded1

#45 » Post by Dbearded1 » 27 Aug 2020 04:17

that is not what i asked... when i joined primal we got promised a proper progression into wotlk and then after it had progressed then merging with tw. The progression on primal has always been slow and yet we still play here. Just makes all the years of playing here feel like we did it for nothing with a launch into all content unlocked wotlk, As i said originally why cant primal be left at sunwell until the development team has time or gains a few more to help with it being done the proper way that we was promised...