10 Year Celebration!

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Dymond
Senior Game Master

10 Year Celebration!

#1 » Post by Dymond » 19 Mar 2020 15:23

Dearest community,

We made it!

This month celebrates 10 years since we first began. We want to take this opportunity to thank all the players, staff and of course, Roel for making it all happen. Without you all, none of this would be worth it. Thank you for being with us all these precious years. We are one of the longest-lived and, we believe, the most dedicated private servers around. Our population is not as high as we'd like it to be. However, we believe that quality surpasses quantity. The dedication of the volunteers that take time from their private lives to make this an enjoyable experience is remarkable and speaks volumes of their commitment and loyalty to this humble community.

Amid the pandemic emergency, most of the world is in quarantine. Take this opportunity to communicate with old friends from the past via the internet. No better way to do this than to come together on Truewow & Primalwow. We have noticed an increase in activity and many old players have returned already to reminisce and enjoy the good times with the rest of us.

Birthday Celebration Specials!

Once again, we will be giving the presents this year. We are happy to announce that starting from this post until the end of the month we will have 20% reduced prices on all items/services in the vote shop. Feel free to get yourself a little something to celebrate. After all, it is a special occasion.

With Best Regards,
TrueWoW Staff.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: 10 Year Celebration!

#2 » Post by Axis » 19 Mar 2020 15:57

Happy 10th anniversary, TrueWoW :D

It should be no surprise that we've slowly become a generational community now.
Some of us, who were only children or teenagers when we joined, are now full-fledged adults (some with kids of their own).
We grew up here. We struggled. We fought. We cried. We laughed. We formed memories here.
This place is not only a server. This humble place is our home. It has been since we set foot here.
And it always shall be.

The dedication with which our developers have turned this place around into a respectable, playable server post-core merge has been nothing short of amazing.
They're the ones that made this possible, along with Roel. And for that, they have my sincerest gratitude.

For me, it has been an utmost privilege to serve this community thus far.
I hope to keep doing so for as long as my time and energy will let me.

Here's to another 10 with you all.
Last edited by andriuspel on 08 Jul 2020 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: http -> https
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

marko607

#3 » Post by marko607 » 19 Mar 2020 18:14

I wish you at least another 10 years, and thank you for the beautiful and sad memories of our server .

Arkentos

#4 » Post by Arkentos » 19 Mar 2020 22:14

Wish you all for at least another 10 years. I was here since 2012, seen a lot of friends come and go, lots of DDOS attacks, lots of fantastic work from the server staff, and will always recomend this server for everyone that want's a fantastic TBC and all the way to WOTLK expirience.
By the way, where are all the people that started as the staff here, Roel, Heihachi and Prodigy just to name a few, how are they now?

Axis
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Axis » 19 Mar 2020 22:22

Arkentos wrote:
19 Mar 2020 22:14
By the way, where are all the people that started as the staff here, Roel, Heihachi and Prodigy just to name a few, how are they now?
They're well. And they're still around :)
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Criticat

#6 » Post by Criticat » 20 Mar 2020 00:40

Axis wrote:
19 Mar 2020 15:57
Happy 10th anniversary, TrueWoW :D

It should be no surprise that we've slowly become a generational community now.
Some of us, who were only children or teenagers when we joined, are now full-fledged adults (some with kids of their own).
We grew up here. We struggled. We fought. We cried. We laughed. We formed memories here.
This place is not only a server. This humble place is our home. It has been since we set foot here.
And it always shall be.
I couldn't have said that any better. I have played in Truewow since the merge with Gaming Consortium and let me say it's been an honor to be a part of this community.
It's been a long time since I logged in, but since it's Corona season (Unfortunately), nevertheless, it is the reason I have time to log in, once again. Happy 10th anniversary, Truewow. & Thank you to all the staff who worked on making this a great server and a pleasant experience.

Cheers,
Last edited by andriuspel on 08 Jul 2020 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: http -> https
Criticat
"Impossible is just an opinion."

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 20 Mar 2020 01:42

Yes, we're still alive. Not many would have given us 10+ years considering all the hardships the server had to go through. But our goal has always been to have a lasting community rather than something that burns out fast. Some even have characters that are older than the server as can be seen from the merge history. Whether someone still wants to play WoW after all that time is a different matter but I know many are still lurking in the shadows.

Relina

#8 » Post by Relina » 20 Mar 2020 11:19

Random lurker here ^.^

Happy 10th anniversary, Truewow. & Thank you to all the staff who worked on making this a great server and a pleasant experience.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Longi

#9 » Post by Longi » 20 Mar 2020 15:57

Happy 10th anniversary ! :D Good job with hard work on making this server the great :) Met many good people and I had rly great times here ... cross fingers for another ten years :)

axe

#10 » Post by axe » 21 Mar 2020 10:26

It's hard to believe 10 years have passed. I remember the day I joined in 2010. Do we still have that guild called <Eternity>, Roel?

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 21 Mar 2020 10:46

axe wrote:
21 Mar 2020 10:26
It's hard to believe 10 years have passed. I remember the day I joined in 2010. Do we still have that guild called <Eternity>, Roel?
That sure brings back memories. The guild still exists and the name is fitting for the oldest TW guild. But pretty much anyone still active in the last 5 years joined a different one.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#12 » Post by Axis » 21 Mar 2020 22:10

https://truewow.org/online-charts
We've officially hit 67 online players on PrimalWoW and 104 online players on TrueWoW today.
Our heartfelt gratitude to our loyal players for supporting us through all the years.
Let's keep the good times rolling.

Regards,
TrueWoW Staff.
ImageImageImage

exchanger1

#13 » Post by exchanger1 » 21 Mar 2020 23:58

Congrats on the 10th year of anniversary. I am very grateful for the experience I had here as well as the people I met, it was wonderful, I still recall some days like today about some moments from this place
Crown aka Poslednji

simbian

#14 » Post by simbian » 22 Mar 2020 01:01

I want to congratulate to everyone here on reaching this 10 year milestone ;)

I didn't play WoW for like years now, but I like coming once in a few months to see how is the TrueWoW server doing ;) (to confirm Roel's claim about the ones lurking in the shadow haha :D )

I was originally a player from BloodCraft. Started there when they had about like 40-50 players online, in TBC, and I never got over it shutting down, idk why.

Maybe thats why I like coming here from time to time...a part of BloodCraft will be living here always ;)

keez
Donor

#15 » Post by keez » 22 Mar 2020 08:50

Congrats on hitting 10 years! So many great memories playing here. Thanks for keeping our characters alive <3