HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY, TRUEWOW!

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
IronSharona
Former Staff

HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY, TRUEWOW!

#1 » Post by IronSharona » 02 Mar 2019 03:46

IT'S A BIRTHDAY BLAST (OF INFORMATION)

Everyone spread some cheer and happiness, we've made it another year around the Sun and are happy to say that we are nine years old today! Granted this post came a little late Server Time since it was written and edited by someone in USA; sorry. Countless other servers have closed, merged, and relaunched over the course of those 9 years, but we have done our best to maintain the integrity and loyalty to our players that we have had from day one. We have kept our character database fully intact for at least five of the last nine years, if not longer, and strive to always provide the highest quality custom core possible without resorting to paid staff who are here for the money and not the players. Thanks to every one of you who has been along with us on this ride for the last nine years, and hopefully many more to come!

TRANSMOG SETTINGS UPDATES

We're making a couple of minor tweaks to the transmog system soon that should make it such that all players in-game will have transmogs ON by default. Now your glorious toon's true self will be beholden to all players! If for any reason you do NOT want to see both regular and legendary transmogs on characters, you will need to use the ".settings transmog off" command to disable those. This week's update should also have fixed issues with certain items not appearing as enabled for transmogs:

IRONMAN CHALLENGE LIVE ON TRUEWOW REALM

After many months of popular demand, we're officially launching the Ironman Challenge (and Bloodthirsty Challenge) on TrueWoW realm! The Item Loading... will now be available to TrueWoW players who manage to blast their way through all 80 level of Wrath without dying, equipping green or higher gear, etc. Use the ".ironman info" command in-game to learn more or join up! You can also find more information on the Ironman page.

STAFF UPDATES

Since we last posted an announcement we've had some changes to the staff roster including:
  • Ravenseeker has retired from staff
  • Dymond has returned to staff as a Senior Game Master
As always, if you want to see a full detailing of staff changes you can look through the historical available here. Some updates occurred in between announcements and were not presented on the front page.

CULLING OF STRATHOLME REVAMP

Andriuspel, the crazy beast he is, has pushed out hundreds of fixes recently. Some of these fixes, however are not yet available on any of our realms. Why not? Because he's been working on a floor to ceiling overhaul of the Culling of Stratholme! Get ready, because this one is going to be good...

ZUL'AMAN RELEASE UPCOMING

Amani never give up! They never die... In fact, Zul'Aman is being reborn as we speak, in the form of final tuning and bug touch ups before release. We don't have a release date set yet, due to some administrative scheduling conflicts, but hope to push the updated Zul'Aman live to PrimalWoW within the next month.

UTD-LAG UPDATES (AMONG 600+ OTHERS!)

In order to combat the UTD lag issues affecting primarily TrueWoW realm, but also the Primal realm, we have implemented a daily restart script for both realms. Regular restarts seems to keep things flowing more smoothly so expect to see the servers restarting at about 10 Server Time until we can find a more permanent solution for the problems.

As unfortunate as our recent instability was, it has been repaired, and along with stability has come approximately 600 new updates and bug fixes! Thanks to our star dev Andriuspel, we've been able to pick and choose the best pieces of the open source TrinityCore while still keeping as stable as we can with our custom updates. We're hoping to keep the number and scale of updates a bit smaller for the coming months, as this will decrease the likelihood of another crash-related event, but keep looking out for improved or repaired content.

Class updates and improvements have been at the top of our list for things we want to have as near to perfect as possible, as soon as possible. This week brought with it many more fixes and repairs to everything from spell procs to spell effects. We're aware that Hunters are still having a bit of trouble with their pets running away from home. Perhaps you need to remember to feed them more often? Just kidding, we're still looking into it! This bug has a lot of potential causes so please keep reporting any problems you run into.

WARNING: There is an update coming in about one week that has the potential to affect your gameplay in a significant way. Especially if you are leveling (Ironman contenders take special caution!) or use your intuition to know how far you can stand away from a mob before it aggros, you will need to re-calibrate your senses soon. At present, the aggro range for all mobs is set to only 66%. This was done many many moons ago in order to alleviate the effects of some other bugs that were present at the time. The time for this hackfix of a patch has come and gone, and we intend to revert back the 100% aggro range that is proper for our server. This means that once the change goes live, you will need to stand 33% farther away from mobs to avoid catching their attention. Please spread the word to any active players you might run into, as we don't want this update to take anyone by a very negative surprise when they accidentally pull a Leeroy Jenkins.

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION SPECIALS

Everyone loves getting presents on their birthday, and TrueWoW is no different. But we're going to flip things on their head this year. You don't have to give us anything. I know, I know. We're so humble. What we're going to do instead is give all of you a gift. We're happy to announce that starting from just before this post goes live until the end of next week we will have 15% reduced prices on all vote shop items! As an added bonus for TrueWoW players, just in time for an extra discount, the long awaited price drop on Item Loading... is here. It will now sell regularly for a price of only 1,050 vote points which is equivalent to about 7 weeks of voting or a one-time 10 Euro donation. No more having to split multiple donations or vote for nearly 4 months to get a single bag. Plus, the 15% discount for our birthday celebration will apply on top of the official price drop. Enjoy!

Thanks for all the years of fun, frustration, and fights (both PvE and PvP). It's all worth it to be a part of this amazing server called TrueWoW and we wouldn't want to call anywhere else home.

- The TrueWoW Team
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: HAPPY 9TH BIRTHDAY, TRUEWOW!

#2 » Post by Axis » 02 Mar 2019 04:17

Happy Birthday TrueWoW!
It's been a wild ride all these years. Here's to many more :D
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Jiranthos
Admin

#3 » Post by Jiranthos » 02 Mar 2019 08:17

Thank you for persevering through time. <3

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

mungos

#4 » Post by mungos » 02 Mar 2019 12:39

Thanks for all these years you've been trying and trying to make our play better. Although I have not been active lately I try to vote every day, as you can see from my vote points. When my healthful condition again allows me to burn and grow on wolkt, lucky in further work and live long time TrueWoW, Hello from DrSmrt and Crusher. ^_^ :D :lol: :P

Relina

#5 » Post by Relina » 02 Mar 2019 15:32

Happy B'day Truewow, thanks to all the staff current and retired for helping us have fun for the past 9 years.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

paroliak

#6 » Post by paroliak » 02 Mar 2019 15:45

Thank you and happy birthday to TW. It's the staff which does the magic without them and with their countless sleepless night and helping us out on the full of weekend surprises... I don't know where we would be.
Your work is very much appreciated and regarded. See you all with bengal tigers and in raids. Peace.

Kniteknite

#7 » Post by Kniteknite » 02 Mar 2019 22:55

Happy Birthday ! and Thanks for evrything we all have here. Mucho respecto ! :D

Last edited by Kniteknite on 07 Mar 2019 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

shadowsilverdk

#8 » Post by shadowsilverdk » 03 Mar 2019 04:17

Happy birthday!

And a hope for many more years :D

Regards from Shadowsilver aka Ravenseeker.

bobsmyname
Donor

#9 » Post by bobsmyname » 10 Mar 2019 20:51

So for primal, and the ZA release sometime this month (hopefully), BoJ will start dropping at the least from Karazhan right? Preferably other raids too, as the badges never stopped dropping from BT, despite it not being intended, and natnat having said he'd remove them.
I just wanna make this sure because all the BoJ stuff from ZA cost like 50+ each, and it's a catch up mechanic, which would be much more manageable if the server was populated, and people could get locked out of all heroics every day, or atleast close to it.
Trans Rights

paroliak

#10 » Post by paroliak » 11 Mar 2019 17:50

IronSharona wrote:
02 Mar 2019 03:46
. Plus, the 15% discount for our birthday celebration will apply on top of the official price drop. Enjoy!
Hey Iron, how long the discount will last for? Thanks.

paroliak

#11 » Post by paroliak » 18 Mar 2019 18:39

paroliak wrote:
11 Mar 2019 17:50
IronSharona wrote:
. Plus, the 15% discount for our birthday celebration will apply on top of the official price drop. Enjoy!
Hey Iron, how long the discount will last for? Thanks.
Any update on this? Asking cuz if I can hold off buying until the last day of change.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#12 » Post by IronSharona » 19 Mar 2019 03:31

paroliak wrote:
18 Mar 2019 18:39
Any update on this? Asking cuz if I can hold off buying until the last day of change.
Seems like a lot of folks are excited about the price drops and I've realized that since I was away over the holidays we never had a winter holiday sale as we typically do. I think at least through the end of March we'll leave it up to compensate for that, possibly longer.

Enjoy in the meantime! :)
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

paroliak

#13 » Post by paroliak » 19 Mar 2019 05:34

Yayy!! Thanks very much <3

paroliak

#14 » Post by paroliak » 03 Apr 2019 17:38

IronSharona wrote:
IT'S A BIRTHDAY BLAST (OF INFORMATION)
Everyone spread some cheer and happiness, we've made it another year around the Sun and are happy to say that we are nine years old today! Granted this post came a little late Server Time since it was written and edited by someone in USA; sorry. Countless other servers have closed, merged, and relaunched over the course of those 9 years, but we have done our best to maintain the integrity and loyalty to our players that we have had from day one. We have kept our character database fully intact for at least five of the last nine years, if not longer, and strive to always provide the highest quality custom core possible without resorting to paid staff who are here for the money and not the players. Thanks to every one of you who has been along with us on this ride for the last nine years, and hopefully many more to come!
I know its a bit too soon but as we all can agree on that years go by very fast. I was wondering if there are any big plans for the server for its 10 year aniversary. I think players (new and old) would like to be a part of it. Can't say for everyone but I would love to help out either with ideas or in-game shinanigans... for 10 years of TW game playing, including the epic merges from other servers.

I can make a seperate thread request for this and ask people's input but I thought would run by you guys first (staff) if you already have plans for it.

As they say its never to early to plan for a party :D
Thanks.