[FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Post Reply
User avatar
IronSharona
Public Relations Leader
Posts: 1022
Joined: 02 Feb 2017 00:49
Location: USA

[FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#1 » Post by IronSharona » 26 Oct 2018 18:53

NOW, MY BLIND EYES SEE WHAT OTHERS CANNOT...



"...the bugs that remain in Black Temple!"



Okay, you're right, Illidan never said that last part. At least, not that we know of. But he has been the only one hanging out in Black Temple lately, so he is the only one who knows what bugs, exploits, or missing content are what's stopping us from releasing the biggest raid of The Burning Crusade. We need you to come help us narrow down the last remaining stopping points so we can push out a release soon™!

WHEN: Friday night (Nov. 2nd turning into Nov. 3rd) at 2:00am Server Time

WHERE: PTR Realm (Public Testing Realm)

Unfortunately, turnout was too low to sufficiently test today (Oct 27th). We've reset our player test for the date and times listed above to encourage more people to come. We were shocked to find that people who play World of Warcraft must have real lives preventing you from attending something on short notice :)

If you need to create a character or gear up appropriately, please arrive early or teleport to the raid group in-progress once you're ready. Keep in mind that the only way to tell if content is tuned well and has functional mechanics is to treat it as if you are playing it for real. We ask that anyone other than the supervising staff members attending the event refrain from using GM commands to speed up the run. We may kick you from the raid if you do so anyway. This test run is important to ensuring we can get Black Temple released in a fun but challenging condition, so please help us to help you! We expect the raid to be complete with plenty of time for TrueWoW players to make it to their usual raid slots on the TrueWoW realm.

No matter how much we test in advance, there will likely still be issues at launch. But we want to provide you with new content and if you help us to identify any remaining issues we'll make them our top priority. We plan to release Black Temple on:

NOVEMBER 7th



BIG UPDATES INCOMING

Developer Andriuspel has been on a massive updates kick, specifically focused on the TrueWoW realm and Northrend area content. One of the biggest weekly pushes for updates in the last two to three months is scheduled to go live at the next restart on Halloween! Grab some candy, grab some drink, and enjoy the festivities and updates.



WHAT'S UP WITH MY TRANSFER?

Our transfer queue is a bit backed up right now! This is a good thing, because it means we're growing. But this also means estimated transfer times have jumped from around a day, to closer to a week. Not such a good thing... But don't worry; your transfer request has not been lost. We're trying to go through them all and we're a bit short-staffed to do so at the moment. If you have any questions about your own transfer, please send a PM to IronSharona on the TrueWoW Forums.



WHERE'S THE DOWNLOAD PAGE?

The Downloads page link is still active, but it was detected as a potential weak point during analysis of our website during and after the recent breach. We have taken it down for maintenance to ensure that as many vulnerabilities in our infrastructure can be removed as possible. In the meantime, please feel free to ask for download links for Addons etc. through the Discord #support channel or the #lobby channel in our IRC Chat page. The magnet link to download the client is as follows:

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f1b17acd1f47c017c2238ed9c21af7aec69c1d1a&dn=World.of.Warcraft.3.3.5a.Truewow&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969



Thanks for tuning in to this week's Friday News Flash. We hope to have more of these in the future! Let us know what kind of news you want to see up here.

- The TrueWoW Team
Welcome to the family, doggo. <3

User avatar
jgun17
Posts: 19
Joined: 20 Apr 2016 17:55

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#2 » Post by jgun17 » 26 Oct 2018 20:17

+1 HYPE^^^
Subtlety

User avatar
natnat123
Developer
Posts: 659
Joined: 14 May 2017 12:24

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#3 » Post by natnat123 » 26 Oct 2018 21:12

Please bear in mind that the tuning will not be live for the ptr test. but it will be ready for the release day.

User avatar
IronSharona
Public Relations Leader
Posts: 1022
Joined: 02 Feb 2017 00:49
Location: USA

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#4 » Post by IronSharona » 27 Oct 2018 15:47

UPDATE: We did not receive sufficient players on short notice to complete the player test today, so we have rescheduled for Nov 2nd at 2am Server Time to encourage more players to come out and have more time to promote the testing event.

This does NOT mean that the launch will be pushed back.
Welcome to the family, doggo. <3

User avatar
anniefelis
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Jul 2015 03:36

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#5 » Post by anniefelis » 27 Oct 2018 18:03

IronSharona wrote:
27 Oct 2018 15:47
UPDATE: We did not receive sufficient players on short notice to complete the player test today, so we have rescheduled for Nov 2nd at 2am Server Time to encourage more players to come out and have more time to promote the testing event.

This does NOT mean that the launch will be pushed back.
It's hard to get a bunch of people all to play when we're scattered across the world. 15:00 works out as late night for east asia, mid-afternoon for most of europe, and early morning for most people in north and south america. It might not be hard for the people in east brazil or USA to get up to play in the morning, but I can't imagine people on the west coast wanting to get up at 6 AM to try.

That, and our population has dwindled lately. due to slow progression. People who left don't know that Black Temple is coming yet, so they need time to learn about it so they can come back. A post on r/wowservers might help.

User avatar
bobsmyname
Posts: 52
Joined: 19 Jan 2016 01:21

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#6 » Post by bobsmyname » 31 Oct 2018 18:42

anniefelis wrote:
27 Oct 2018 18:03
IronSharona wrote:
27 Oct 2018 15:47
UPDATE: We did not receive sufficient players on short notice to complete the player test today, so we have rescheduled for Nov 2nd at 2am Server Time to encourage more players to come out and have more time to promote the testing event.

This does NOT mean that the launch will be pushed back.
It's hard to get a bunch of people all to play when we're scattered across the world. 15:00 works out as late night for east asia, mid-afternoon for most of europe, and early morning for most people in north and south america. It might not be hard for the people in east brazil or USA to get up to play in the morning, but I can't imagine people on the west coast wanting to get up at 6 AM to try.

That, and our population has dwindled lately. due to slow progression. People who left don't know that Black Temple is coming yet, so they need time to learn about it so they can come back. A post on r/wowservers might help.
is the PTR server time different from Primal's server time? Because 2am server on primal is 5pm my time, not 6 am^^
God of Memes
-Cacha, epic mage
-Walkingbread, epic warlock
-Bethe, epic paladin
-Zugdaddy, epic priest
-Zephraa, epic shaman

User avatar
IronSharona
Public Relations Leader
Posts: 1022
Joined: 02 Feb 2017 00:49
Location: USA

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#7 » Post by IronSharona » 31 Oct 2018 19:03

The entire server is in France, which means the server has just entered Daylight Savings Time. If you're in a part of the world that doesn't use Daylight Savings Time or in the USA (which won't be adjusting until this coming Saturday evening), you may be an hour off from your usual difference between local and server time.
Welcome to the family, doggo. <3

User avatar
bobsmyname
Posts: 52
Joined: 19 Jan 2016 01:21

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#8 » Post by bobsmyname » 31 Oct 2018 23:40

IronSharona wrote:
31 Oct 2018 19:03
The entire server is in France, which means the server has just entered Daylight Savings Time. If you're in a part of the world that doesn't use Daylight Savings Time or in the USA (which won't be adjusting until this coming Saturday evening), you may be an hour off from your usual difference between local and server time.
ty ^^^
God of Memes
-Cacha, epic mage
-Walkingbread, epic warlock
-Bethe, epic paladin
-Zugdaddy, epic priest
-Zephraa, epic shaman

User avatar
IronSharona
Public Relations Leader
Posts: 1022
Joined: 02 Feb 2017 00:49
Location: USA

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#9 » Post by IronSharona » 01 Nov 2018 23:04

Update for those excited to attend: this is intended to be TOMORROW night. Not tonight.

Though I definitely appreciate that some of you understand Friday technically starts after midnight Thursday.
You go, logical people. You go. :)
Welcome to the family, doggo. <3

User avatar
Toluene
Posts: 3
Joined: 20 Dec 2016 21:49

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#10 » Post by Toluene » 02 Nov 2018 16:02

Are there chances for a testing event at EU friendly times too?

User avatar
IronSharona
Public Relations Leader
Posts: 1022
Joined: 02 Feb 2017 00:49
Location: USA

Re: [FRIDAY NEWS FLASH] Black Temple Release Date Set -- NOV 7TH

#11 » Post by IronSharona » 02 Nov 2018 17:07

Toluene wrote:
02 Nov 2018 16:02
Are there chances for a testing event at EU friendly times too?
We tried to have one last week at EU hours, but unfortunately it was too short notice for most people. Since I'll be the one keeping track of all bugs and problems reported during the runs and I live in NA time, we've opted for an end to the delays on release this time around and not rescheduled the EU-centric test.

We're hopeful that for Zul'Aman we come in with a better schedule and plan to be able to officially accommodate all of our players and time zones for the tests! If you can find sufficient players and would like to coordinate your own EU-convenient raid with someone writing down any bugs or perhaps making a recording we can look through, I'm happy to help promote it for you and/or review the results.
Welcome to the family, doggo. <3

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests