Why we aren't opening a third realm

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Eronox
MVP

Why we aren't opening a third realm

#1 » Post by Eronox » 07 Sep 2018 17:56

Hey there faaaamilyots!

Lately there has been alot of questions regarding our choice to decline the suggestion of opening a third realm, to emulate Vanilla once again.

Our staff is limited, and as every spot in our team is a volounteer one, we could never demand enforced work towards a subject. Surely we are removing inactive members but you get the point.

The staff group may look big in the list, but in reality it is far from big. Currently there are two real active developers that works their breath away with the core and then there are some others in the staff helping out as they can, if Core or database wise.

By opening a third realm; our founder, administration and staff group in a whole came to an agreement of understanding how bad it would be for the other realms.

Everyone had interest in doing this third realm, but no one can see it with the lack of staff members we got today.

This is why we aren't opening a third realm, there is not enough resources.
The staff does however wishes to actually do so. For you the players we'd do everything possible. Winkey face.

If you want to make a change and eventually make a third realm possible you could always
Become One of Us :o

Stay True,
- TrueWoW Staff

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Eronox
MVP

Re: Why we aren't opening a third realm

#2 » Post by Eronox » 07 Sep 2018 17:59

Roel, TrueWoW's founder
Roel wrote:
04 Sep 2018 10:11
We have seriously considered this over the last week but I'm afraid I will have to refer back to Nuko's post. It may not be an impossible feat if we all invest extra time for the setup of a static realm. But the difference of opinion within the staff is just too big to release a 3rd realm. It would be better to stick to the 2 realms that the entire team is passionate about and not risk the quality, we indeed already have our hands full.

Rejecting this suggestion so people don't get the wrong idea. It's not a matter of doing x to make this happen, some even thought it's only about money and they could buy their way into it. Anyway you're always free to continue in General Discussion if something wasn't yet included, healthy discussions are always welcome.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Why we aren't opening a third realm

#3 » Post by Axis » 29 Apr 2019 18:07

In response to multiple complaints on both realms as well as on Discord, we hereby clarify that there are no plans to add any new realms beyond the ones we currently have in operation (TW + PW + PTR). Please disregard any and all photoshopped screenshots (of a so-called post by Roel) regarding this - especially ones posted over the past month on various platforms under TW jurisdiction.
Any attempts to spread misinformation on behalf of the staff will be met with administrative action and removal from our services.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.