TrueWoW Staff is Recruiting!

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Eronox
MVP

TrueWoW Staff is Recruiting!

#1 » Post by Eronox » 27 Jun 2018 11:03

TrueWoW Staff Team

It is new times, new environments and new management for our beloved community. Our project is built by friendly, dedicated and very talented people, and however people come and go, putting us in a quest to find some new family members which helps us and the community to stay true. It is worth shouting that status and attention seekers is nothing we would have fun with.

Game Masters
Player support service is the link between the players and the management. Game Master is big part of team with knowledge which they uses to assist players in various situations, provides needed support in additional areas where player may would struggle.
Game masters are like police and living link between the players and the staff. This role is not really bound to specific things, rather they're bound to a specific area, which obviously for us is customer service but also as police, their one of responsibilities is to keep fair gameplay and they also punish those who makes chaos

Developers
Its challenging role and server depends a lot on them - they constructs, handles, improves content, functionality and overall progression of server. Developers - its people who makes server's content working, implements new features and works hard to make player experience better with every server update and with them, server keeps going forward.
TrueWoW also offers guidance and learning for those who are new in the Wow Emulation scene and never set foot in WoW server emulation before. Of course, however, there is still requirements behind this. Dedication and skill are the most important ones.

Testers
Testers are big addition to developers. These members are similar as game masters, they work much more as detectives - they uses knowledge and research to find script or mechanic which might be faulty. They also combines their work with developers and helps to test their production before release and they manages, inspects and helps to gather needed information for scripting phase. Their work is not easy, takes lots of time and requires lots of patience to filter gathered material before providing it to developers. Their main tool is bug tracker - its like their heavy book where they communicates with developers

Expanding the Area
TrueWoW project also needs to be visible to people who might never heard about TrueWoW. Developers and game masters makes excellent contribution but to introduce to new players and to stay visible, there is other important server team - that's media team. These members are like developers but they uses their art talent and skill to make server promotion videos, images and publishes in foreign areas, like social media, various advertisement areas, open gaming communities.

Base requirements for joining to our team
Generic requirements for all roles
  • Must have at least fair English skills in writing and least fair communication skills.
  • Must have discord account
  • Must have been active player for at least 1 year in our server.
  • Must have legit interest and will to join our family.
  • Must have least fair understanding about game, game mechanics (applies for testers, game masters and for server core/scripts developers mainly)
Developers:
  • Web developers must have PHP (v7 or v8 least), JavaScript, typescript and SQL (MySQL/MariaDB) knowledge.
  • Core/scripts developer must have C++ (C++11, C++14, C++17 standards least), SQL (MySQL/MariaDB), minimal cmake knowledge.
  • Minimal git knowledge
  • Must follow (least minimally) google code style guidelines.
  • Always should try to optimize code much as possible for speed and resources.
  • Must have fair knowledge about effective algorithm design.
  • Python language knowledge (optional)
  • Linux systems knowledge (optional)
Media team/Social media team:
  • Must have good English and communication skills. Fair level is not enough :P
  • For most digital work, member must use publically available or accessible software (adobe apps, corel apps, sony apps, kde/gnome apps, openshot, inkscape, gimp or other).
  • Should try to use media which has granted permission or least add credits and source if license implies for that.
  • Must understand (least minimally) about social media policies, rules

Recruitment status
* Game masters - OPEN
* Developers - OPEN
* Social media team - OPEN
* Media team - OPEN
* Testers - OPEN

Where I should submit my application?
To apply, simply send a private message to Administrator Jiranthos in our forum by following this template:
  • Your name and role which you want to join:
  • My introduction about myself, what person i'm and similar:
  • Why You Should Choose Me:
  • My past Experience:
  • What I Expect from working with TrueWow Staff:
  • Extra contact info (optional):

This can be done at anytime and is a open recruitment with no set expiration date. We will however close this recruitment once when the administration sees fit.
Last edited by andriuspel on 02 May 2023 23:59, edited 5 times in total.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Eronox
MVP

Re: TrueWoW Staff is Recruiting!

#2 » Post by Eronox » 27 Jun 2018 11:03

Additional notes:

- Every accepted applicant will require to pass a fixed time period of trial in which applicant's skills, knowledge for selected role will get tested and generic preparation/guidance will get provided by senior members.

- If you believe you could contribute with anything else than what is listed above, do not hesitate to let us know!

- This is a VOLUNTEERING JOB, no payment.

- We do not imply to work on our project as full time. We all have real life duties and any staff member can do contribution based on motivation, his/her free time, and of course on free will.

- Inactivity will serve in a staff removal, occurring after failed activity checks.

- If you need extra time during trial period because of some 3rd reasons or you decided to withdraw your application, you must inform administrator Jiranthos.

- Every application is verified by whole team.

- Application should not be too short. You must well introduce yourself :)
Last edited by andriuspel on 02 May 2023 23:20, edited 3 times in total.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

Eronox
MVP

Re: TrueWoW Staff is Recruiting!

#3 » Post by Eronox » 27 Jun 2018 11:13

Base responsibilities for roles

Game support team (game masters)

:arrow: Providing support for game and discord tickets
:arrow: Enforcing server rules and community activity (channels and server rules related) moderation
:arrow: Forum moderation
:arrow: Discord moderation
:arrow: Internal Staff Discussions & Ruleset moderation
:arrow: Event leading (depends on situation or event, can be optional)

Development Team

:arrow: Bugtracker moderation
:arrow: Dungeons scripting
:arrow: Gameplay behaved bugs and UX Issue enhancements
:arrow: Discord Bot development (optional)
:arrow: Feature engineering
:arrow: Website development
:arrow: And other content scripting
For some developer responsibilities it depends if developer has required skills for certain tasks

Media Team

:arrow: Digital content creation for social media
:arrow: Promotional content creation
:arrow: Public announcements designing
:arrow: Event environment and cosmetic designing

Testers Team

:arrow: Bugtracker reports moderation
:arrow: Assist in content analysis and testing for development team
:arrow: Potential content information gathering assist

Our staff members are NOT bound to one team only.
Everyone is free to do whatever they want, even combining subjects from different Teams.

Last edited by andriuspel on 02 May 2023 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

- J.R Cash