[Hyjal Prepatch] The Battle for Mount Hyjal is upon us!

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
IronSharona
Former Staff

[Hyjal Prepatch] The Battle for Mount Hyjal is upon us!

#1 » Post by IronSharona » 23 May 2018 12:23

SOON, THE HEART OF YOUR WORLD WILL BEAT NO MORE!

For 10,000 years, the soils of our world sat calm. Watchful under the guidance of Tyrande Whisperwind, the Night Elves kept guard for signals of a demonic resurfacing. After 10 millennia, they were out of time...

Archimonde returned, with Burning Legion forces that corrupted and twisted the land. Still seeking to harness the power of the Well of Eternity, the World Tree was the target. Many of Archimonde's generals were slaughtered at the hands of the awaken and inspired forces that Tyrande gathered, but there were always more seeking to replace those who were lost.

All of Azeroth's bravest forces gather in Hyjal, near the base of Nordrassil. Night Elves. Horde. Alliance. Brought together by their common enemy, the Burning Legion's assault can only crumble by toppling it's mighty leader...

Pre-Patch Notes:

The pre-patch in preparation for PrimalWoW's release of The Battle for Mount Hyjal AKA Hyjal Summit is upon us! Some tweaks are being made to class specs in order to keep more specs viable and equal as they should be. These changes and values are subject to further alterations as necessary. There will also be a couple of changes to existing content coupled with the release of this new raid:

CLASSES:

• Feral (Bear) - Protector of the Pack reduces damage taken by an additional 4%.
  • Feral (Bear) - Lacerate damage increased by 10%.
  • Feral (Bear) - Swipe damage increased by 30%.
  • Balance - Wrath and Starfire mana cost reduced by 10%.

• Holy - Divine Illumination talent mana cost reduced to 70% off.

• Discipline - call for testing! At this time, we do not have sufficient data from active Discipline Priest enthusiasts. We can see they aren't as popular or viable as Holy Priests, so please, help us figure out why. If we can gather sufficient data before the next pre-patch, we'd love to make changes to this class spec!
  • Shadow - Devouring Plague, Shadow Word Pain, Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Vampiric Touch mana cost reduction increased to 25% off.

• Elemental - Elemental Oath talent (both ranks) extra spell damage increased by 30%.

• Fury - Rampage aura (talent) will also increase the casting Warrior's damage by 25%.

HYJAL:
  • Bosses, boss adds, and trash all custom tuned to be challenging.
  • Jewelcrafting pattern and Tier 6 vendors added, although inaccessible until release.
  • Boss and trash loot redone to ensure equal and appropriate drop rates for our population.
  • All known bugs or exploits resolved.

RDF AND RHC:
  • Damage for all mobs in all dungeons reduced by 10%.
  • Health for all mobs in all dungeons reduced by 20%.

TEMPEST KEEP - THE EYE AND SERPENTSHRINE CAVERNS:
  • Damage for all mobs reduced by 20%.
  • Health for all mobs reduced by 30%.

QUESTS:
  • Soridormi's Band of Eternity quests available at Hyjal full release.

BONUS UPDATE!

All three Opera events of Karazhan have been fixed and loot corrected. They will be fully released alongside the Hyjal pre-patch. This update will apply to both TrueWoW and PrimalWoW, so everyone can get on with the show!

The Battle for Mount Hyjal is scheduled for midnight release on June 7th, 2018!

As always, stay true
- The TrueWoW Team
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Quietly

Re: [Hyjal Prepatch] The Battle for Mount Hyjal is upon us!

#2 » Post by Quietly » 23 May 2018 12:38

Nice work guys!

Q

jgun17

#3 » Post by jgun17 » 23 May 2018 13:47

Thanks for all the hard work, can’t wait! ^_^
Subtlety

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 May 2018 14:59

Great job :)
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

natnat123
Former Staff

#5 » Post by natnat123 » 23 May 2018 16:00

Just to add, if you have any questions about the class changes or anymore suggestions for them. Please contact me eather on here or on discord. Thank you! <3

Dreadnought101

#6 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 23 May 2018 17:55

These are some extreme numbers tuning.

Did Fury just get a straight 30% buff overall?
The Feral Bear changes seem extremely strong. (and they were already pretty strong)

Also its nice to see Tier 5 nerfed on time, instead of nerfed months later. (Kind of wish tempest keep stayed the same, its kael'thas tuning was so tight and good)
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

IronSharona
Former Staff

#7 » Post by IronSharona » 23 May 2018 18:00

Dreadnought101 wrote:
23 May 2018 17:55
Did Fury just get a straight 30% buff overall?
The new damage effect applies only to the Warrior using the Rampage talent. I updated the phrasing of the bullet in case this intent was unclear.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

flosr1
Donor

#8 » Post by flosr1 » 24 May 2018 15:39

good to see that there seem to be lots of new motivated people now and that some important changes are made.

before i went inactive, i did some discipline priest testing in heroics and t4 raids and and i also talked about the issues they suffer with some other priests or experienced healers generally. i think i have some ideas what the problems are and why they aren't as popular. i am willing to share those ideas if they are taken serious this time, because that has not always been the case in the past with specific people.

also, what about primal fury? any fixes for that talent yet?

EDIT by Errorista: https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=5777

Relina

#9 » Post by Relina » 25 May 2018 23:08

IronSharona wrote:
23 May 2018 12:23
If I may ask when will the Hyjal pre-patch be live, I glanced over the posts above and didn't see any specific date beside the launch date for Hyjal on June 7th, of-course I might have missed it ^_^
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

natnat123
Former Staff

#10 » Post by natnat123 » 25 May 2018 23:33

Relina wrote:
25 May 2018 23:08
IronSharona wrote:
23 May 2018 12:23
If I may ask when will the Hyjal pre-patch be live, I glanced over the posts above and didn't see any specific date beside the launch date for Hyjal on June 7th, of-course I might have missed it ^_^
This post means that' the prepatch is live :p

IronSharona
Former Staff

#11 » Post by IronSharona » 31 May 2018 01:36

UPDATE:
As a result of further tests-- Druid's Maul has been removed from the adjusted list (will not receive the 10% damage increase originally listed) and Warrior's Rampage additional damage will be 25% (not the 30% originally listed).

These changes are not immediately in effect, though are expected to go live with/before Hyjal release.