Tempest Keep Pre-Patch is Live!

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
IronSharona
Former Staff

Tempest Keep Pre-Patch is Live!

#1 » Post by IronSharona » 15 Nov 2017 02:42

TEMPEST KEEP PRE-PATCH
Live on PrimalWoW now!

What's that loading in the background up there? Is that The Eye? Why, yes it is!
Tempest Keep's final launch (The Eye) will be coming up December 6th, but before we get there you might start noticing the effects of our pre-patch. With the latest restart, all of the following changes have been applied to rebalance PvP and PvE:

Changes to PvE:

Image DRUIDS
  • Healing Touch will no longer be nerfed beyond the normal PVE healing reduction!
  • Savage Defense absorbs 20% more!

Image HUNTERS
  • Multi-shot damages 30% extra (down from +85%)
  • Steady Shot damages 60% extra (down from +85%)
  • Serpent Sting damages 60% extra (down from +85%)
  • Arcane Shot damages 30% extra (down from +65%)
  • Aimed Shot damages 30% extra (down from +65%)

Image WARLOCKS
  • Felguard's Cleave damages 30% more!

Image Changes to PvP:
  • 40% mana cost reductions across the board! (PvP areas only)

Stay tuned as we continue to prepare for the December 6th release of The Eye! And don't forget, the Dwarven Display of Demolition PvP event is this Saturday November 18th (that's Friday night for you NA folks) at 3AM Server Time on PrimalWoW.

As always, stay true
- The TrueWoW Team
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

JaskaAnttila

Re: Tempest Keep Pre-Patch is Live!

#2 » Post by JaskaAnttila » 15 Nov 2017 02:44

40% mana cost reductions across the board! (PvP areas only)

Who made this up?
-Buck 70 warrior
-Blart 70 Shaman
-Primalwow

zant

#3 » Post by zant » 15 Nov 2017 03:07

As I already explained on a forum post, 40% is about what we need.

There was a 25% dmg reduction implemented and thus players need to have a proportional compensation so their mana can actually kill a target or two now instead of ooming halfway.

The other 15% makes sense as I already explained that wrath mana cost mechanics are not compatible with TBC gear AND that there is no regen from gear and little from talents. CDs are too long to be considerable relevant (some classes don't even have their mana CDs till wrath).

Yes, it might be nice to exclude some classes from this, but don't say 40% is too much when you each spell costs 5-10% of your total mana and you have no regeneration as a caster/healer at all unless you are a rdruid or ret pala healer.

I don't want warriors complaining about how it is too much. Be a caster/healer and check how stuff is.

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Anesthesia » 15 Nov 2017 03:22

Before this turns into another discussion please remember that the suggestion post was submitted long time ago.
> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38390&start=30

(I have removed your unnecessary comments)

loveable

#5 » Post by loveable » 15 Nov 2017 09:28

hey there is a related issue about TK ill use here to dont open new topic , some update applied in tw realm about TK , which is not supposed to be there at wotlk like killing all boss's to remove barrier's for kael
i guess it applied by mistake in tw
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

JaskaAnttila

#6 » Post by JaskaAnttila » 16 Nov 2017 00:17

Looks like that by accident or intentionally unannounced there was healing nerf added. Did SSC today and we all noticed it quite soon. I used to crit with healing wave around 7k ish and now only critted 5k max.
-Buck 70 warrior
-Blart 70 Shaman
-Primalwow

KohiiKaiju

#7 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 16 Nov 2017 01:48

JaskaAnttila wrote:
16 Nov 2017 00:17
Looks like that by accident or intentionally unannounced there was healing nerf added. Did SSC today and we all noticed it quite soon. I used to crit with healing wave around 7k ish and now only critted 5k max.
The healing reduction was applied incorrectly to begin with (a while ago) so that it only applied to the base heal. Dev staff were working on fixing that, as it affected newer healers very negatively, but it was my understanding that it was not going live. Apparently they fixed it. We will discuss a drop in the overall healing reduction, now that it is working correctly, to go live as soon as possible.

Sorry for the unannounced change.

Spectral

#8 » Post by Spectral » 18 Nov 2017 19:02

This healing nerf is terrible. Atleast for paladins the heals are pretty shit now.
Holy was crap before, Retri heal spec was the only good spec for healing. Now the both specs suck, why make idiotic changes?

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#9 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 18 Nov 2017 21:11

Spectral wrote:
18 Nov 2017 19:02
This healing nerf is terrible. Atleast for paladins the heals are pretty shit now.
Holy was crap before, Retri heal spec was the only good spec for healing. Now the both specs suck, why make idiotic changes?
The healers im my guild disagree with you. Specifically, a Holy Paladin.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Dunkelstein

#10 » Post by Dunkelstein » 19 Nov 2017 03:10

Fitzpatrick wrote:
18 Nov 2017 21:11
The healers im my guild disagree with you. Specifically, a Holy Paladin.
The healers in my guild disagree with you. Specifically, Paladins.

And Shamans

And Priests

I know, I know. My MS Paint skills are unmatched. Here is a full picture https://i.imgur.com/wvHMsfi.png
Apparently Sheath of Light is broken; the HoT does not heal for any overhealing of your initial direct crit (credit to Delatrice).

Other than that, it seems to me like HoTs for some reason are healing for more than before while direct heals do less (with the exception of Healing Wave /shrug).

So can somebody tell us what exactly was changed to make sense of all this?
Aka Funkelstein

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Nov 2017 04:14

The nerf was only applied to the base healing before and now it is applied after calculations are made (spellpower and other effects), just like KK has pointed out.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Anesthesia
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Anesthesia » 19 Nov 2017 05:48

.Watson1988

#13 » Post by .Watson1988 » 19 Nov 2017 11:02

I don't understand the point of this discussion right now besides that Sheath of Light is not working as intended. What do you guys want us to tell?

A) The flat healing nerf of -40% does not work as intended on all healing spells.
or
B) -40% general healing reduction is too much and makes the game too hard.

Spectral

#14 » Post by Spectral » 19 Nov 2017 12:03

Its fine if your supergeared. But the healing nerf is still making dungeons and raids harder and this is no fun for newcomers. The server is low population already and these changes kill it even more..

Dunkelstein

#15 » Post by Dunkelstein » 19 Nov 2017 13:23

Skye wrote:
19 Nov 2017 04:14
The nerf was only applied to the base healing before and now it is applied after calculations are made (spellpower and other effects), just like KK has pointed out.
If that is the only change then how come some spells are healing for more than before?
.Watson1988 wrote:
19 Nov 2017 11:02
I don't understand the point of this discussion right now. [...] What do you guys want us to tell?
There is a lot of misinformation about this. Some healers say they got buffed, others say they got nerfed, others say they notice no difference.
I'm just trying to find out what was changed so I can adapt to it, as a player.

Does anybody have data for resto druids?
Thanks
Aka Funkelstein