Tempest Keep Pre-Patch is Live!

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

Re: Tempest Keep Pre-Patch is Live!

#16 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 19 Nov 2017 14:05

Dunkelstein wrote:
19 Nov 2017 03:10
Fitzpatrick wrote:
18 Nov 2017 21:11
The healers im my guild disagree with you. Specifically, a Holy Paladin.
The healers in my guild disagree with you. Specifically, Paladins.

And Shamans

And Priests

I know, I know. My MS Paint skills are unmatched. Here is a full picture https://i.imgur.com/wvHMsfi.png
Apparently Sheath of Light is broken; the HoT does not heal for any overhealing of your initial direct crit (credit to Delatrice).

Other than that, it seems to me like HoTs for some reason are healing for more than before while direct heals do less (with the exception of Healing Wave /shrug).

So can somebody tell us what exactly was changed to make sense of all this?
My point was not that players are healing for less, but that some of the healers I've spoken to said they liked the change. Essentially the opinion I heard was that Rejuv didn't just heal everything, and they had actual work to do instead of just FoLing the tank.

The HoTs thing is awfully odd, tho.
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

Nyeriah

#17 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Nov 2017 14:19

Dunkelstein wrote:
19 Nov 2017 13:23
Skye wrote:
19 Nov 2017 04:14
The nerf was only applied to the base healing before and now it is applied after calculations are made (spellpower and other effects), just like KK has pointed out.
If that is the only change then how come some spells are healing for more than before?
.Watson1988 wrote:
19 Nov 2017 11:02
I don't understand the point of this discussion right now. [...] What do you guys want us to tell?
There is a lot of misinformation about this. Some healers say they got buffed, others say they got nerfed, others say they notice no difference.
I'm just trying to find out what was changed so I can adapt to it, as a player.

Does anybody have data for resto druids?
Thanks
Sorry, but this doesn't help at all, you are just bringing speculations.

What spells are healing for more? What players are healing for more? What players are noticing no difference? What classes and how classes are being affected negatively?

It has already been said what changed - the reduction used to be applied before healing mods took place (spell power, percentage mods). Again, the reduction was applied only to base healing before.

Now, it is applied after all those changes take place.

Now I am not doing any game design, I am just applying the requested changes. But as I can see from all of this is that the more spell power you have, the more affected you will be by the nerf, differently than before where only the base healing was affected.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

natnat123
Former Staff

#18 » Post by natnat123 » 19 Nov 2017 14:27

huh?

(dont know why my comment got removed)

Dunkelstein

#19 » Post by Dunkelstein » 19 Nov 2017 15:06

Skye wrote:
19 Nov 2017 14:19

Sorry, but this doesn't help at all, you are just bringing speculations. [...]

What spells are healing for more? [...] What classes and how classes are being affected negatively?[...]
Hey I'm trying ok, I am not a healer myself and I don't have data for all classes/Specs. Right now speculation is all I can do

https://i.imgur.com/wvHMsfi.png

Red circles are reduced and green are increased average healing outputs.
I'm pretty sure overheal is already subtracted from that so we have to take that into account when comparing numbers from this week and last week.

Still, it doesn't add up for me if you look at Renew (bottom report).
I will try to dig up formulas for healing spells in 3.3.5 and ask some more players directly
Aka Funkelstein

mtgsuperman

#20 » Post by mtgsuperman » 19 Nov 2017 19:47

My only issue here is whatever changes were/are made moving forward. A more understanding need to be made on the reasons behind the change.
As an old raid healer of this content our healers don’t have the 3-5 months to gear out for the new content released. They aren’t too geared in their classes. We’re trying I admit some more so than others but the definition of progression isn’t met here. A healing nerf with stale mate a lot of progression in the months leading up to Gujarati and temple. We’re looking at Eye in two weeks and most healers are barely in BIS Kara.

I’d suggest to the masses a slower progression timeline or a closer look st changes before implementing them on classes. The balancing changes to hunters should be fresh in every guilds minds.
Wamah, GOAT shaman. I’ve made buttons especially for yours message in game.