World Boss Release and Class Rebalancing Patch Notes

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
IronSharona
Former Staff

World Boss Release and Class Rebalancing Patch Notes

#1 » Post by IronSharona » 18 Sep 2017 00:22

THE UNIVERSE WILL BE REMADE...

Quietly he sits, controlling the demons and corrupted denizens of the Burning Legion from the Throne of Kil'jaeden. Spitefully he seeks, wanting nothing but vengeance over those who squander away their lives in inferiority. For 25 long years he was stranded in the Tainted Scar watching, waiting, warring against his imprisonment on Azeroth. Now promoted to Doom Lord, Kazzak is a threat to all who breathe and live in freedom. He must be destroyed at all costs, or all of creation will crumble.

"All life must be eradicated."

TRAJECTORY LOCKED. ENGAGE MAXIMUM SPEED.

One fel reaver to outshine them all... A feat of engineering superiority, Doomwalker has been released upon the demented tatters of Draenor. With no morals, no fear, and no goals but destruction and decimation, Doomwalker is making his way to the gates of the Black Temple. Having neglected his orders from Kil'Jaeden to wipe out the Lich King in order to save his love, Tyrande Whisperwind, the Lord of the Outland, Illidan Stormrage, here sits in wait: unshakably confident in his ability to command a defeat over even the mightiest of the Burning Legion's machines...

"Do not proceed. You will be eliminated."

PATCH NOTES

Not only are these demonic forces coming soon, but the strangled cries of shadow priest, feral druids, elemental shaman, and warlock have finally been heard. The Titans inexplicably have come back briefly enough to create a new balance within their lifeforms, and increase the strength of those who harness the power of shadows, animalistic instincts, and nature's elements.

Shadow Priest --
  • Shadow Word: Pain --> 20% less mana
  • Devour Plague --> 20% less mana
  • Mind Blast --> 20% less mana
  • Mind Flay --> 20% less mana
  • Vampiric Touch --> 20% less mana
  • Inner Fire --> 25% less mana
Feral Druid --
  • Mangle (Bear) --> 15% more damage
  • Mangle (Cat) --> 15% more damage
  • Lacerate --> 25% more damage
  • Shred --> 25% more damage
Elemental Shaman --
  • Lightening Bolt --> 40% less mana
  • Chain Lightning --> 20% less mana
Warlock --
  • Mana Drain --> 20% less mana

For any adventures who are struggling to get the current gear, there have also been health pool nerfs to Illhoof, Netherspite, Gruul, and Moroes to make T4 more accessible as T5 release nears. It has been said that some bosses are growing weary of their eternal battles and may also be dealing less damage...

All changes seen above will go live at the next update!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

natnat123
Former Staff

Re: World Boss Release and Class Rebalancing Patch Notes

#2 » Post by natnat123 » 18 Sep 2017 01:23

when is the next update live?

natnat123
Former Staff

#3 » Post by natnat123 » 18 Sep 2017 01:32

also, this is looking great! :)

IronSharona
Former Staff

#4 » Post by IronSharona » 18 Sep 2017 02:28

natnat123 wrote:
18 Sep 2017 01:23
when is the next update live?
At the next restart. Should be tonight, some time before EU prime time begins.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

marko607

#5 » Post by marko607 » 18 Sep 2017 10:47

Bravo is a great honor, great job, even if you put it in a wolkt relay and can also tbc relay VOID STORAGE with WoD expansion and REAGENT BANK tab too, it would be really nice and people would give their cameras and the bank to save gear, that would be superb and unprecedented in tbc and wolkt expansion, thanks for the exchange

dgreenbe

#6 » Post by dgreenbe » 18 Sep 2017 15:04

Shadow and Ele balancing sounds awesome, optimistic that this will make these specs much more able to fulfill their role in raids without chain innervates.

flosr1
Donor

#7 » Post by flosr1 » 18 Sep 2017 22:56

good news

natnat123
Former Staff

#8 » Post by natnat123 » 19 Sep 2017 00:36

did this update go live? cause there was a restart for it, but no world bosses and some people have said it doesnt look like the class changes are live eather

a37928

#9 » Post by a37928 » 19 Sep 2017 18:42

At last! It was ridiculous how fast a shadow priest went OOM. Also is a pity that being a class so special at TBC now they barely return mana to their party next to the amazing mana returns they gave at real TBC. I know it was changed for WotLK but even so, you could give something extra to this support class, being this aspect the most important one for having shadow priests at TBC raids (because they have no AoE and they aren't top dpsers either). Mages, hunters, paladins... they all are doing great, shadow priests are still struggling. So I wouldn't ask for more damage.... but I'd do for bigger mana returns.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the changes and keep up the good work!

Fitzpatrick
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Fitzpatrick » 20 Sep 2017 01:00

Shadow priests may not return as much mana as in retail, but at least they have legit DPS here. IIRC Shadow Priests were doing about half the damage of a hunter/rogue by T6. Seems like a fair trade )
Fitzsimmons / Bibimbap / Fitzpatrick

a37928

#11 » Post by a37928 » 20 Sep 2017 01:19

Fitzpatrick wrote:
20 Sep 2017 01:00
Shadow priests may not return as much mana as in retail, but at least they have legit DPS here. IIRC Shadow Priests were doing about half the damage of a hunter/rogue by T6. Seems like a fair trade )
50% damage seems a bit too much difference for me but maybe I don't remember properly as it was 9 years ago! Anyway, I'm glad the team has tried to balance things being on a Wrath client so I'm happy, thanks :)

Mickiii

#12 » Post by Mickiii » 21 Sep 2017 12:52

Hi, has this been implemented yet?
Feeling that this might aid in producing some DPS in kittie form.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#13 » Post by IronSharona » 21 Sep 2017 14:35

Mickiii wrote:
21 Sep 2017 12:52
It should be fully live now, but if you have any concerns over changes you think may not have taken place please do let us know. And, if you can, test it and get us some visual evidence to support your suspicion.

Mickiii

#14 » Post by Mickiii » 22 Sep 2017 07:09

IronSharona wrote:
21 Sep 2017 14:35
Mickiii wrote:
21 Sep 2017 12:52
It should be fully live now, but if you have any concerns over changes you think may not have taken place please do let us know. And, if you can, test it and get us some visual evidence to support your suspicion.

Okay, i'll check later today. :)

Regarding the DPS i put out in Cat, it might be that i'm so undergeared. However, almost 3k Attack Power, 35% crit, 115 hit and about 16 Expertise, i think i should be able to put out more than the average 600-750 dps.. :( Or, i just suck at being a cat.