The Status of TrueWoW and PrimalWoW - Update

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
IronSharona
Former Staff

The Status of TrueWoW and PrimalWoW - Update

#1 » Post by IronSharona » 28 Aug 2017 19:15

The Status of TrueWoW and PrimalWoW Development

Over the last few weeks and months we have been listening and we have heard and understood your frustrations over the current state of our realms. PrimalWoW has been experiencing a lot of instability from many updates. TrueWoW feels stagnant with few updates and even fewer people. As a collective, the staff strives to keep everyone happy but unfortunately this is not always possible. This post serves as a small gesture to try to keep communication open, honest, and trusted.

People have long proclaimed TrueWoW a "dead" realm. We have vehemently denied this over the course of time, but there are aspects of truth to this statement. We have few reliable players and raids are sparse. Battlegrounds are few. Only you, the players, can change this. We hope you do take the initiative to try. On the staff side, PrimalWoW is a big project. There is much to develop and there are more people consuming this content. It is the logical result of the demand on PrimalWoW to switch our core developmental focus to the content and updates needed there. There is no new content to release on TrueWoW, as it is at the end of progression, but we are working to reduce remaining bugs and reduce conflicts between the core and our custom code.

What does this mean?
  • TrueWoW realm IS still receiving GM support
  • TrueWoW realm WILL still be receiving promotional events and activities
  • TrueWoW realm WILL NOT be closed or shut down
  • PrimalWoW is NOT receiving "higher priority" for tickets
  • Transfers ARE still open to both realms
  • PrimalWoW WILL progress to Wrath content, developer focus WILL shift to Wrath
  • Characters CAN be merged to one realm once PrimalWoW ends progression
We hope that this official explanation of the current status of our realms has settled both your qualms and your concerns with our honesty and plans for the realms. In short, there is no new content to add to TrueWoW so most of our developers prefer to focus on PrimalWoW. But as long as there are staff willing to take on the challenges of the work, TrueWoW is never truly dead. As long as there is at least one player logging on TrueWoW having fun or asking for help, we will continue to support them. We do care and we will not let the hope and belief in this project die until all who are loyal to it are gone.

We do hope those of you loyal to our TrueWoW realm continue to play there and enjoy what it has to offer. We hope those of you loyal to PrimalWoW will continue to progress through content that our developers are working tirelessly to get working well and released. We hope you might even be willing to cross the realm divide and try to see how the other side lives. See where the other realm can take you and what new possibilities it may still hold.
We appreciate all of the time you've spent here, whether on PrimalWoW or TrueWoW, and hope to continue cultivating an honest and trustworthy atmosphere between the players and staff.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

benta

Re: The Status of TrueWoW and PrimalWoW - Update

#2 » Post by benta » 28 Aug 2017 20:17

not trying to hate or anything, but don't you guys think this is a little to late for TW? (about PW, I'm not aware)

bakiss

#3 » Post by bakiss » 28 Aug 2017 20:34

TW is not dead yet Benta, I log in to force someone to duel me every now and then, but you are never online, so no real challengers :p

IronSharona
Former Staff

#4 » Post by IronSharona » 28 Aug 2017 20:35

benta wrote:
28 Aug 2017 20:17
not trying to hate or anything, but don't you guys think this is a little to late for TW? (about PW, I'm not aware)
There have been many rumors circulating about our plans for TW for a while. This announcement serves only to be honest about our intentions. It is here, now, for those who find it relevant.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Kragus

#5 » Post by Kragus » 28 Aug 2017 20:38

x2 xp for 1-60 would probably help attract more people like it would not ruin the experience since it will still be grindy and get more people to play the TBC content or for them to make alts

a37928

#6 » Post by a37928 » 28 Aug 2017 22:55

Kragus wrote:
28 Aug 2017 20:38
x2 xp for 1-60 would probably help attract more people like it would not ruin the experience since it will still be grindy and get more people to play the TBC content or for them to make alts
I agree, let people choose 1x or higher leveling rates. Why? Because there are almost no new players to wow here, a majority of us have leveled a lot of chars in the past (retail and private) so it's not very exciting (for me at least) to repeat the same quests for a long time.

Anyway, I played TrueWoW till I finished the whole regular content and some raid heroic modes, now I'm really happy with the PrimalWoW project where I could farm Molten Core and now we'll progress through my favorite expansion, TBC, with the different feeling of the WotLK client. You guys are doing a great job and because of that, I'm thankful and salute you!

Keep it up, don't worry about the number of players that come and go, some of us are really enjoying it here. More people will be better, yes, maybe with leveling rates or something, but don't compromise your main idea and let's enjoy this 6-year journey together.

Almsivi
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Almsivi » 28 Aug 2017 23:34

I'd like to remind you that this thread is not a place to discuss your ideas how to change PrimalWoW realm. Your fellow players created topic for such discussion quite recently in suggestion section. Please move discussion about experience rates there: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38330
Please don't get us wrong, we admire your enthusiasm to discuss various ideas about the server but getting offtopics under general announcements makes forum quite messy :)
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli

hjason3
Donor

#8 » Post by hjason3 » 29 Aug 2017 02:51

Thank you so much for keeping Truewow alive.. I've played it for years have no intentions to go to any other private server including PW.. I just want to keep and play the chars I've had for years and it means a lot to me you are keeping it alive.. I haven't played much lately work and life been busy but I will get back into it soon

hjason3
Donor

#9 » Post by hjason3 » 29 Aug 2017 09:05

Also I've probably spent thousands of hours playing over the years.. so just so happy to hear that I won't lose that.. to me it is much more than just the level and gear.. it is all the items, fun items, holiday stuff, achievements, even time spent on professions all that stuff.. I have supported TrueWow since the Spermik merge socially and economically, and will continue to do so.. so just really happy to hear this news and a big thank you to all of the staff.... personally I don't like the x2 exp idea I have never liked that I think it should be an achievement to reach level 80 not like oh you ain't 80 yet.. but that is just me

mungos

#10 » Post by mungos » 29 Aug 2017 09:08

hi
I hope the True WoW relay does not close, we definitely need to make changes, how to upgrade there is a relay with some add-ons, or maybe opening a legion relay 7.2.5 patch that is stable and playing at Firestorm and WoWFrekaz, data shows from 3500 to 7000 Players on those servers, maybe things people want changes. So I'll open the forum for a couple of days, and I want GM and the rest of the reigning gadgets to support this as an old, very old player on WoW and on this server, ap. Apology for bad typing in English
:D :D :D :D

Xenitron

#11 » Post by Xenitron » 29 Aug 2017 10:45

Why open new 7.2.5 server when even current more bugs than devs can handle, and new patch server would require years of development to be even nearly playable without major bugs.And addons wouldn't have to do anything with gameplay and population on server, specially modification(creating custom content) when server got reputation of pristine blizzlike experience.

Nuko
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Nuko » 29 Aug 2017 11:36

I'm not sure what's being suggested there, but as reigning gadget Almsivi has already said, if you'd like to make suggestions please head on over to an appropriate thread. Just keeps things tidy you know.
Nuko - In the event of malfunction, please insert tea.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

mungos

#13 » Post by mungos » 29 Aug 2017 12:37

Apology 7.1.5 patch work nice =) then thet i meen in void storag banc , then personal craft banc itd itd

Xenitron

#14 » Post by Xenitron » 29 Aug 2017 12:46

Yeah sure 7.1.5 whatever but that is not topic, with PrimalWoW progression and Stormhold incoming im sure last thing they want to do is to open new realm that would require additional core.They are discussing moderation and development of server because community thinks they dont give a fuck about server and you come with idea to open completely new server what nice message would that send.Even if PrimalWoW had not bugs i dont think they would consider opening new server.Primal already killed some of population on TrueWoW and new realm would be even worse.

Plus those legion servers have good hardware to handle even more population and still they both combined have 10k population if more people wanted to play legion they could handle it, and still they got only 10k, while some vanilla and wotlk realms alone have more than 10k at all times

Void storage and stuff like that cant be implemented in game if game itself is not created for that and is not coded for it and even if it could be done it would require custom patch so it would require developers attention and again it's not that server got enough developers and that would not be blizzlike so no.

Rohit

#15 » Post by Rohit » 29 Aug 2017 14:12

bakiss wrote:
28 Aug 2017 20:34
TW is not dead yet Benta, I log in to force someone to duel me every now and then, but you are never online, so no real challengers :p
99% of the people already left the TW realm and you still think its not dead? Talk about living in denial.

Saw the update on FB. Some action on FB after ages perhaps but its too little too late, don't you think?
Character list:

Rohit Co-GM of Gentlemen Club - Holy PvP / Retribution PvE
Androgeus - Unholy PvE / Frost PvE
Xerses - Fury PvE / Protection PvE
Yantrik - Fire PvE
Feraligator - Restoration PvE / Feral PvE
Shamanz - Restoration PvE
Ameliorate - Shadow PvE / Discipline PvE
Hawkeyez - Marksmanship PvE
Zhingalala - Demonology PvE / Destruction PvE
Cryptian - Subtlety PvP 29 twink

Quit TW, amazing staff, REALLY!