Magtheridon's Lair & Hardware Upgrades & Theme Visual Updates

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Nyeriah

Magtheridon's Lair & Hardware Upgrades & Theme Visual Updates

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Jul 2017 15:02

MAGTHERIDON'S LAIR IS NOW RELEASED!

After being defeated by Illidan Stormrage with the help of Kael'thas, Vash'j and Akama, Magtheridon was dragged to the Hellfire Citadel where he was left under the possession of the fel orcs.

Caged and banished, the former lord of Outlands now serves to power the Fel Horde. The orcs led by the Warchief Kargath Bladefist work restlessly to drain Magtheridon's blood to turn captured orcs to the fel and experiment with the powers of its corruption, ensuring their dominance over the Hellfire Peninsula and boolstering their growing army.

All those years of imprisonment and abuse left Magtheridon with not much love for his jailors. And those who set him free are likely to become targets of his unbridled rage.

After solving a couple of issues that held us back, Magtheridon's Lair is finally released today, 19.07.2017! We don't expect any major issues to be still remaining, but in case you happen to find any, please report them at our bug tracker.

OUR NETWORK IS MOVING TO A BETTER MACHINE

With all those long 7 to 8 years of work, we have hoarded a lot of data. Since we don't aim at performing any database wipes, ensuring that any player may return at any time they wish to and find their characters just as they had left them, we decided it was a good time to move to a machine with better specs and more available disk space.

With this upgrade we plan to cease a lot of the downtime issues we have been experiencing lately. All of our software will be updated to their latest versions as well.

We expect the transition to happen at 28.07.2017, around 11AM server time.
Minimum downtime is 2 hours, our website will also be offline during this time.

It will not be required to change your realm list.
We are moving to another machine, but we are not switching hosts or location, you should not notice any changes to your latency.

WEBSITE VISUAL UPDATES

Thanks to Etro's extreme dedication to keeping our website visual and style updated, our default forum theme will be receiving several upgrades. Several style elements received upgrades, like the background, images and fonts used across the board. You will notice a richer experience when visiting pages like our voting page and others when browsing our website.

Our bugtracker is also likely to be receiving drastic style changes as we transition to a more up to date version. Preview: https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/my_view_page.php

Thank you all for your time and have fun!

Fárlight

Re: Magtheridon's Lair & Hardware Upgrades & Theme Visual Updates

#2 » Post by Fárlight » 19 Jul 2017 20:52

Nice clickbait
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 19 Jul 2017 21:01

Fárlight wrote:
19 Jul 2017 20:52
Nice clickbait

???

Fárlight

#4 » Post by Fárlight » 19 Jul 2017 21:02

instance is closed
PW:
TW:
I don't have any chars

Fárlight

#5 » Post by Fárlight » 19 Jul 2017 21:03

PW:
TW:
I don't have any chars

Eronox
MVP

#6 » Post by Eronox » 19 Jul 2017 21:16

Magtheridon's Lair is all released now.
Apologizes for the inconvience, me to blame as well. Sorry!

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

night

#7 » Post by night » 20 Jul 2017 07:16

Will this hw upgrade be noticeable difference in game?
Lately I've been feeling like overall lag goes up in instances vs being in the world. Dungeons, raids, or pvp... instances feel worse.

Roel
Founder

#8 » Post by Roel » 20 Jul 2017 10:18

night wrote:
20 Jul 2017 07:16
Will this hw upgrade be noticeable difference in game?
Lately I've been feeling like overall lag goes up in instances vs being in the world. Dungeons, raids, or pvp... instances feel worse.

There shouldn't be any hardware lag with the old machine. The software updates will have a bigger impact but that also isn't where the bottleneck should be. So I doubt players will notice a difference.

kronic

#9 » Post by kronic » 20 Jul 2017 11:22

Looking forward to the new Mantis! <:)

Etro
Honorary Member

#10 » Post by Etro » 22 Jul 2017 03:50

Topic has been cleansed.

If anyone has any criticism or complaint towards the actions of a staff member, you can directly send a PM to an administrator (they can be found here). If you have already done so and a reply was provided, there you have it. If you aren't happy with the reply and/or you believe it to be dishonest, then I'm afraid that it is beyond our control that you choose to believe that.

Any further complaints/criticism towards a staff member not done through the proper channel will be deleted and, if necessary, the forum account in question will be suspended.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 28 Jul 2017 15:21

All of our services are now hosted on the new machine, the hardware specs have been updated at the status page.

The TrueWoW realm will also be online soon, there was some difficulty with its huge database which also caused extra downtime for the website during the transition.

Gadoschi
Donor

#12 » Post by Gadoschi » 28 Jul 2017 15:26

Delete inactive chars. That should speed things up ahaha /evilface
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Roel
Founder

#13 » Post by Roel » 28 Jul 2017 22:10

Missing items from the auction house of the TrueWoW realm will be back after next restart/crash.

flosr1
Donor

#14 » Post by flosr1 » 28 Jul 2017 22:59

login servers down?

antomor

#15 » Post by antomor » 28 Jul 2017 23:12

I don't know if it has anything to do but it keeps giving me a message that my account name or password are wrong, and I have tried it a few times, have been able to change password and even after that same message, I've tried for other older accounts and same thing happened.
It's been the same launcher I have used for years on this same realm haven't done nothing to it or realmlist and have even been able to login yesterday, lately this message has been appearing quite often to me and I know I haven't mistakenly wrote my password because it works well at first time when I login on the website.