The Burning Crusade Release

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Flooded
Former Staff

The Burning Crusade Release

#1 » Post by Flooded » 31 May 2017 14:54

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

The Betrayer Awaits...

Soon the Dark Portal will open and hellish terrors will be brought through to Azeroth. Are you prepared to face them?

Today marks the release of the Burning Legion invasion event which will be followed by the opening of the Dark Portal. You will have from Wednesday, May 31st until Monday, June 5th to complete the quest "Into the Breach" for your [Tabard of the Protector] which can be accepted and completed by Agent Proudwell who is now spawned near The Dark Portal.

The Dark Portal will be opened June 7th, 2017 at Midnight server time. (The night of June 6th/morning of June 7th)

TBC Patch Notes
The following changes have been made specifically for balance purposes on PrimalWoW based on internal testing. These changes will be different than other 3.3.5 WotLK realms.

DUE TO SOME CHANGES WE HAVE MADE TO SOME ITEMS, WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE THAT YOU DELETE YOUR WDB FOLDERS AFTER JUNE 5TH.

Please be aware that we plan to make many other changes based on player feedback over the course of the Burning Crusade content period. If you feel like you have information which is worth sharing, please make a post in the suggestion or PTR sections of the forums.

These changes will occur over the next two weeks as we are ready to apply them.
  • GENERAL
  • Several professions have had cooldowns that they had in TBC readded to specific items.
  • Primal Mooncloth, Shadowcloth, Spellcloth now have 24 hour cooldowns.
  • Earthstorm Diamond, Skyfire Diamond, and Primal Might now have 24 hour cooldowns.
  • Nether Vortex and Primal Nethers are now Bind on Pickup and no longer available with purchase for Badges of Justice
  • Many items have been removed from G'eras - A list of available items for launch is viewable at https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=5243
  • Many TBC items have been removed from players that were obtained during Vanilla.
  • Jewel Crafting only gems have been made to require Jewel Crafting to equip them. This brings these items in line with similar profession-only benefits.

PVP
  • Arena Points wiped
  • Eye of the Storm Battle Ground enabled.
  • Eye of the Storm PvP daily added.
  • Eye of the Storm added to Honor Weekend Rotation
  • Strand of the Ancients, Isle of Conquest removed from Honor Weekend Rotation (New Core)
  • Several PvP Epic gems have been made to be unique-equipped.

DUNGEONS
  • Heroic Dungeons will require Revered reputation in order to purchase keys up from Honored in stock Trinitycore 3.3.5.
  • Several dungeons have had adjusted tuning to be closer to their original pre-nerf difficulty.

RAIDS
  • Raid bosses which previously dropped Tier 4/5/6 tokens have had the number of tokens which drop reduced to one. This matches the original release versions of loot tables.
  • Raid bosses no longer will drop Badges of Justice. This matches the original release versions of loot tables.
  • Serpent Shrine Cavern attunement has been reimplemented as it was in patch 2.0
  • Tempest Keep attunement has been reimplemented as it was in patch 2.0
  • Mount Hyjal attunement has been reimplemented as it was in patch 2.1
  • Black Temple attunement has been reimplemented as it was in patch 2.1
  • Karazhan Attunement has been reimplemented as it was in patch 2.0
  • Nightbane will again require summoning via Urn through a quest chain.

CLASSES
  • Druid - Shred damage scaling increased by 10% in PvE environments
  • Druid - Rip damage scaling increased by 50% in PvE environments
  • Druid - Rake DOT damage scaling increased by 42% in PvE environments
  • Druid - Rake Initial Damage scaling increased by 75% in PvE environments
  • Druid - Ferocious Bite Damage scaling increased by 25% in PvE environments
  • Hunter - Steady Shot damage scaling increased by 85% in PvE environments
  • Hunter - Aimed Shot damage scaling increased by 65% in PvE environments
  • Hunter - Arcane Shot Damage scaling increased by 65% in PvE environments
  • Hunter - Black Arrow Damage scaling increased by 65% in PvE environments
  • Hunter - Serpent Sting Damage scaling increased by 85% in PvE environments
  • Hunter - Black Arrow Damage scaling increased by 65% in PvE environments
  • Hunter - Multishot Damage scaling increased by 85% in PvE environments

What a terrible fate to be bound to Karazhan for all eternity.

• Our current plan is to release all Tier 4 raids instances on July 5th 2017.

Server Maintenance

We currently expect some server down time at approximately 4:00 AM Server time on Tuesday morning (Monday night for NA Players). This is to apply our new core updates to PrimalWoW in preparation for TBC release. We expect this downtime to last anywhere from 2-4 hours, so please plan accordingly.

As we draw closer to the Burning Crusade we are in need of more content testing for a smooth release. We're always looking for more people to help report issues to the bug tracker or even join the testing team for future releases. We are also looking for developers interested in assisting us with upcoming projects such as The Burning Crusade Release and our new Stormhold 3.3.5 WotLK realm.

Please give constructive feedback if you find any problems with content or class tuning on the PTR and Bug section of the forums.

You can find the Bugtracker here: http://www.truewow.org/bugs/login_page.php
You can read about becoming a tester here: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=33499

Thank you to all who contributed and continue to contribute to our content releases.

The Dark Portal awaits!

machopi

Re: The Burning Crusade Release

#2 » Post by machopi » 31 May 2017 16:30

This is some kind of a joke, right? We're back to pontlessly grinding normals so we can start grinding heroics? Seriously?
Jesus Christ on cross, well done delaying pre-raid progression behind yet another idiotic and annoying grind, really, good job!

Elvardo

#3 » Post by Elvardo » 31 May 2017 16:35

machopi wrote:
31 May 2017 16:30
This is some kind of a joke, right? We're back to pontlessly grinding normals so we can start grinding heroics? Seriously?
Jesus Christ on cross, well done delaying pre-raid progression behind yet another idiotic and annoying grind, really, good job!
Sorry to say, but I personally love this! ^_^

ThreeLeos

#4 » Post by ThreeLeos » 31 May 2017 16:43

machopi wrote:
It is how it was on retail TBC. I am new here so do not know the full history of the server but I think its been going on 2 years of Vanilla content. TBC will probably be 2 more years. No hurry to burn through the content. Just like retail. I love the idea and it is what I have been looking for.

.koljo

#5 » Post by .koljo » 31 May 2017 17:24

machopi wrote:
Majority of people who wants to play BC always say its plus for a server to req revered reputation. Also there is a month between tbc and t4 release. Primal players arent really server hoppers and are looking in steady slower progression thru content.

majstorfanta

#6 » Post by majstorfanta » 31 May 2017 17:32

yup, as primal veteran, I can confirm farming the rep is what majority wants. I am sorry if that does not meet your expectations @Machopi and I hope you will find a way to dig into this :P
Jackofclubs
Aceofhearts
Kynlovesrets

Fárlight

#7 » Post by Fárlight » 31 May 2017 19:59

It's better with reputation for HC dungeons. You have enough to do before the next raid.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

skyx

#8 » Post by skyx » 31 May 2017 21:29

Wow. So Hunters and Druid damage has been adjusted for PvE.

What about for PvP? Will there be any PvP balance changes? Will there be any support for PvP-related things?

Also

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... formation/
[–]Frosty4l5 [score hidden] 2 hours ago
I enjoy the Server it actually is pretty solid.
Unfortunately, the combined faction + no PVP kills it for me.
Nice niche server though.
permalinkembed
[–]Canadian_Christian [score hidden] an hour ago
Thanks for checking it out :) The lack of PvP really does suck at times. Decently active on the weekends, which is enough for me, but I can definitely understand for players whose main enjoyment is PvP that they'd look elsewhere!
permalinkembedparent
Just saying.

Fárlight

#9 » Post by Fárlight » 31 May 2017 22:25

Will be there a another wipe for BC items? There is already a BC item on AH.

Edit, name of the bc item. Band of Dominion.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Deim

#10 » Post by Deim » 01 Jun 2017 00:27

skyx wrote:
31 May 2017 21:29
Wow. So Hunters and Druid damage has been adjusted for PvE.

What about for PvP? Will there be any PvP balance changes? Will there be any support for PvP-related things?

Also

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/com ... formation/
[–]Frosty4l5 [score hidden] 2 hours ago
I enjoy the Server it actually is pretty solid.
Unfortunately, the combined faction + no PVP kills it for me.
Nice niche server though.
permalinkembed
[–]Canadian_Christian [score hidden] an hour ago
Thanks for checking it out :) The lack of PvP really does suck at times. Decently active on the weekends, which is enough for me, but I can definitely understand for players whose main enjoyment is PvP that they'd look elsewhere!
permalinkembedparent
Just saying.

Yes, PvP tweaks are beeing planned and discussed right now between staff and testers thanks to Flossburn who brought issues to devs attention.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

skyx

#11 » Post by skyx » 01 Jun 2017 01:13

Deim wrote:
01 Jun 2017 00:27

Yes, PvP tweaks are beeing planned and discussed right now between staff and testers thanks to Flossburn who brought issues to devs attention.
What issues?

Don't say straight damage buffs for rogues because Wotlk rogues aren't meant to one-shot plate classes without insane amounts of armour penetration; they are suppose to bleed and kite them.

Flooded
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Flooded » 01 Jun 2017 02:38

We need more data to make any PvP related decisions that would affect the level 70 arena metagame. We plan on hosting monthly state of the game threads which will be open to the public to discuss Battlegrounds, arenas, and class balance.

We want to see what the level 70 PvP ecosystem developes to be before we make any adjustments to classes.

skyx

#13 » Post by skyx » 01 Jun 2017 03:02

Flooded wrote:
01 Jun 2017 02:38
We need more data to make any PvP related decisions that would affect the level 70 arena metagame. We plan on hosting monthly state of the game threads which will be open to the public to discuss Battlegrounds, arenas, and class balance.

We want to see what the level 70 PvP ecosystem developes to be before we make any adjustments to classes.
What about hosting a 3v3 tournament to gather some data. :idea:

Flooded
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Flooded » 01 Jun 2017 03:11

We had intended to host a 3v3 tournament last spring, but due to unforseen circumstances surrounding TBC and Vanilla releases, we had to push it back.

Its something we still intend to eventually do when developement has hit a more comfortable place, but we have alot on our plate currently.

However, if you or someone else wanted to host such an event we would support it fully. Just private message me if you have any desire to do something like this.

skyx

#15 » Post by skyx » 01 Jun 2017 06:02

No problem and thank you for the reply.

It sounds like the 3v3 tournament will happen when TrueWoW, PrimalWoW and Stormthingie all merge into one server!

^_^v