Blackwing Lair patch

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
offheal

Re: Blackwing Lair patch

#16 » Post by offheal » 02 Dec 2015 11:36

It would repeat what happened on zg release. Players rushed devs and got unfinished content in return.

EbonTopaz

#17 » Post by EbonTopaz » 03 Dec 2015 10:29

.kertislagg

#18 » Post by .kertislagg » 03 Dec 2015 11:58

so awesum! :) ty for all the work u guys put into this project! makes wow feel exciting again

lunatek

#19 » Post by lunatek » 04 Dec 2015 00:07

kurthos wrote:BWL is ready for release. Nefarian and Razorgore are the most incomplete of the bosses and need more testing in a raid environment.

The original suggestion: iron out scripts and focus on select bosses so tuning gets set correctly along with scripting,

directly interact with a developer (make raid testing an iterative process with results)
testing sessions where developers see exactly what's going wrong
Well.... Opening up BWL with Razorgore in his current condition is a quite bad decision in my opinion. Yes, of course there is a notification being among the "most" incomplete however, this fight is in such a horrible state you really can't run a "decent" raid test on the encounter.....

Was there no research done at all? There are numerous websites containing information about the encounter itself.
A small example towards: http://www.primalwow.org/bugs/view.php?id=2820

This spell which Razorgore uses aswell, is a spell that should have a "major" impact on the encounter progress. The orb "controller" does play a certain role with these "threat" mechanics.
Not to mention about any other functions that aint working. (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Razorgore_the_Untamed)

"Smart" use of broken mechanics in his current condition you can easy address as exploiting (Information regarding this I won't mention in here due to server policy reasons which players should respect. It's hardy in shape to be under a "testing" phase and while you win this encounter to be rewarded with loot I don't call this being earned. To much is just not functioning.

.MerelyASetback

#20 » Post by .MerelyASetback » 04 Dec 2015 07:46

BWL aside, ZG and MC were nerfed into oblivion. They're a total joke now with full groups... Will anything be done about this? Or will the 'hardcore' raider only have the first three bosses of BWL as a challenge?

Why weren't the abyssal bosses buffed to a vanilla level as well? And the thing with the trappings?

.kurthos

#21 » Post by .kurthos » 04 Dec 2015 08:27

lunatek wrote:
kurthos wrote:BWL is ready for release. Nefarian and Razorgore are the most incomplete of the bosses and need more testing in a raid environment.

The original suggestion: iron out scripts and focus on select bosses so tuning gets set correctly along with scripting,

directly interact with a developer (make raid testing an iterative process with results)
testing sessions where developers see exactly what's going wrong
Well.... Opening up BWL with Razorgore in his current condition is a quite bad decision in my opinion. Yes, of course there is a notification being among the "most" incomplete however, this fight is in such a horrible state you really can't run a "decent" raid test on the encounter.....

Was there no research done at all? There are numerous websites containing information about the encounter itself.
A small example towards: http://www.primalwow.org/bugs/view.php?id=2820

This spell which Razorgore uses aswell, is a spell that should have a "major" impact on the encounter progress. The orb "controller" does play a certain role with these "threat" mechanics.
Not to mention about any other functions that aint working. (http://wow.gamepedia.com/Razorgore_the_Untamed)

"Smart" use of broken mechanics in his current condition you can easy address as exploiting (Information regarding this I won't mention in here due to server policy reasons which players should respect. It's hardy in shape to be under a "testing" phase and while you win this encounter to be rewarded with loot I don't call this being earned. To much is just not functioning.

What is your intended message here? Is it to point out Razorgore is too bugged to be considered a real boss encounter? I would agree with you. It's hard to test threat mechanics by yourself. If you want to help, apply to be a tester, we need the help.

As a tester what do you see our jobs as? We report issues as we become aware of them. The developers fix issues based on whatever priority system they use internally in combination with our efforts as testers. I think blood lord mandokir, Razorgore, rend Blackhand, and nefarian have the worst scripts across the server. The mojo madness event is not even currently available. These are things I've pointed out in the private tester forums and talked about openly on these forums.

lunatek

#22 » Post by lunatek » 04 Dec 2015 10:33

I know the deal and the frustration around it bin there done that. Aside from that Razorgore is the introduction for BWL. I just find it disapointing that the instance is set open for the first 3 bosses and the first boss being in this awefull state especially if the NPC's doesn't even spawn would be a valid reason to wait with the release.

.kurthos

#23 » Post by .kurthos » 04 Dec 2015 12:51

I think they could remove Razorgore and nefarian and release the rest of the instance as all other boss fights are in a working state.

I'll make a suggestion post and you guys can decide from there.

Roel
Founder

#24 » Post by Roel » 04 Dec 2015 17:02

The Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying quest chain has been implemented. I have added it to this announcement since it's pretty close to the release even though it still requires a server restart to go live.

lunatek

#25 » Post by lunatek » 04 Dec 2015 19:05

Prime wrote:Naturally Blackwing Lair will be more heavily buffed until guilds can no longer progress or we're closer to releasing the next raid.
kurthos wrote:I think they could remove Razorgore and nefarian and release the rest of the instance as all other boss fights are in a working state.

I'll make a suggestion post and you guys can decide from there.
Which style will be implemented for BWL? AE: Vanilla or as Wotlk 3.3.5a condition would be however, buffed up as "Prime" mentioned?

Alot of classic content got changed. Most end-game raid content from previous expansions becomes soloable by players at max level of the current expansion. (Leaving aside that Razorgore the Untamed is "made" soloable in Mist of Pandaria and "most" adjustments has been done during cata)

I do realize a certain difficulty is present trying to retain a vanilla aspect while using a wotlk build.
I'm just nostalgia when it comes to "classic" content. Most of the time my mind is set on 1.12 version as I come from such a server. So yeah imagine how many times I bang my head against the wall saying ohh duhh wotlk styled -.- ..

.Venna
Donor

#26 » Post by .Venna » 06 Dec 2015 11:21

Where do I apply to be a tester?
I would like to help if I can, although my available times (being in Australia) may be limited.
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.