New raid content & update buffing method

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Roel
Founder

New raid content & update buffing method

#1 » Post by Roel » 30 Jul 2015 21:33

31 July:
We have reverted to the old buffing system for endgame content. As we let players experience for themselves, the healing debuff seems to be the most acceptable compromise we can make to keep content challenging. For the sake of consistency, the HP buff in level 60 PvP will also be converted to a debuff. It prevents players from getting killed in one second.

However based on recent work, some improvements have been made to the old system.
- Healing classes will no longer have bandages debuffed so everyone can use them effectively.
- Power Word: Shield and Swiftmend will be affected by the same amount as other healing spells.

The hardcore buff for new raid content will not be changed at this time because it does not affect player HP. It buffs boss HP and damage but also increases mana cost of spells. This should ensure that raids will not be cleared soon after the release. Current raid content has 50% of this buff active until we believe it needs to be nerfed.

Thanks for your patience while we learn the best ways to handle things for our new realm. It will get more stable over time.

5 August:
Lord Kazzak has been scripted and will be available after the weekly update at 8 AM server time.

2 September:
Although we still have some work to do, we plan to release both Onyxia and Zul'Gurub on this day. Onyxia will be downscaled to level 60 and is a 40 man raid, no further details can be given at this time.

2 December:
We have re-scheduled Blackwing Lair to release on this day but we still intend to stay on Vanilla content for 2 years like retail.

Sacre12

Re: New raid content & update buffing method

#2 » Post by Sacre12 » 30 Jul 2015 21:51

A large +1 from me here. One question though:
Prime wrote: For the sake of consistency, the HP buff in level 60 PvP will also be converted to a debuff. It prevents players from getting killed in one second.
So again, there will be a damage/healing debuff instead of a HP buff? I presume that it will interact correctly with e.g. Block Values and rage generation now; or is there overall any details about how things will be scaled?

Roel
Founder

#3 » Post by Roel » 30 Jul 2015 22:00

Sacre12 wrote:So again, there will be a damage/healing debuff instead of a HP buff? I presume that it will interact correctly with e.g. Block Values and rage generation now; or is there overall any details about how things will be scaled?
As we noticed, scaling should be better than with the HP buff. The damage debuff should also be better than the one we tested a while ago. Player damage will not be directly debuffed but players will receive a buff that decreases their incoming damage. It works like having a 66% version of Divine Protection active at all times. From what I tested, this means that rage generation will be unaffected.

.flevor

#4 » Post by .flevor » 30 Jul 2015 22:24

I like the progress so far with the population growing you'll need to push content out a bit quicker thou,alot of people are on the sidelines due the lack of enough 60's to make groups for the current content

But??? vanilla for 2 years?! sorry but i think a year will suffice unless nobody can clear Naxxramas because another year of the same content that'll be boring as hell atleast for me

Nonetheless keep up the good job but do it a tad faster ;)

-Flevor

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 30 Jul 2015 23:02

flevor wrote:But??? vanilla for 2 years?! sorry but i think a year will suffice unless nobody can clear Naxxramas because another year of the same content that'll be boring as hell atleast for me
I assume you didn't read this before signing up: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 50&t=15284
A lot of people don't have time to play hours a day and this will increase the lifetime of our server. Servers that reach the end of their content in 1 year will die just as fast after that.

ganon2234

#6 » Post by ganon2234 » 30 Jul 2015 23:29

As someone who was unfamiliar with this server, or the WOTLK twin server hosted by the same people, I want to say that i am extremely impressed with the administrator and programmer dedication to making this a success. I was afraid that programmers would not have enough time to script new raids, new world bosses, implement forum suggestions like PVP title; and doing all those things while continuing to squash all of the bugs that come along with a newly made server. This is a brilliant timeline. Thank you very much, from the bottom of my heart as someone who loved classic wow.

ganon2234

#7 » Post by ganon2234 » 30 Jul 2015 23:40

Also, please require the long Attunement quest chain for Onyxia

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Jul 2015 23:49

It's at my best interests to sort Onyxia's chain out and get everything working. So it's still early to take everything for granted, but yes, at this time, we do intend to make the quest chain attunement for Onyxia required.

Dreadnought101

#9 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 31 Jul 2015 09:13

Why are you releasing Onyxia with Zul'gurub? her loot table drops T2 head-gear set and the other items are directly comparable with BWL drops.

Im just curious, I thought content would kind of be released by item level.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

.matt2000x

#10 » Post by .matt2000x » 31 Jul 2015 09:49

Absouletly Amazing Primal Staff! Way to go you may be one of the only servers to be able to fix bugs and listen to the community bravo! this is another thing to tell my friends when they are ready to come over keep it up
:D

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 31 Jul 2015 09:55

Dreadnought101 wrote:Why are you releasing Onyxia with Zul'gurub? her loot table drops T2 head-gear set and the other items are directly comparable with BWL drops.

At retail it was already available at launch and killed before most bosses in Molten Core, for the first Ragnaros kill it was actually required to have gear from Onyxia. The drops are indeed T2 like Ragnaros so we will certainly not make it easy to beat.

It won't trivialize BWL because each class will only be able to get 2-3 upgrades from Onyxia.

DGProbe99

#12 » Post by DGProbe99 » 31 Jul 2015 11:29

Prime wrote:
Dreadnought101 wrote:Why are you releasing Onyxia with Zul'gurub? her loot table drops T2 head-gear set and the other items are directly comparable with BWL drops.

At retail it was already available at launch and killed before most bosses in Molten Core, for the first Ragnaros kill it was actually required to have gear from Onyxia. The drops are indeed T2 like Ragnaros so we will certainly not make it easy to beat.

It won't trivialize BWL because each class will only be able to get 2-3 upgrades from Onyxia.
Also need those Onyxia Scales for cloaks for BWL ;P

Lanfeare

#13 » Post by Lanfeare » 31 Jul 2015 16:28

Wait, how much is the damage and healing debuff In PvP? It sounds like 33%, but I just want to make sure.

Roel
Founder

#14 » Post by Roel » 31 Jul 2015 16:36

Lanfeare wrote:Wait, how much is the damage and healing debuff In PvP? It sounds like 33%, but I just want to make sure.
Yes it's 33%.

Soapstility

#15 » Post by Soapstility » 31 Jul 2015 21:06

Nyeriah wrote:It's at my best interests to sort Onyxia's chain out and get everything working. So it's still early to take everything for granted, but yes, at this time, we do intend to make the quest chain attunement for Onyxia required.
I'm soooo happy that we can have this, not only will it extend the life span of this content but it will provide some sort of skill check. Sooo hyped, thanks guys. :)