New raid content & update buffing method

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Sacre12

Re: New raid content & update buffing method

#16 » Post by Sacre12 » 31 Jul 2015 23:17

I might be wrong, but after today's arenas, I found myself rage starved far more often than I've done before. I've tested with reduced incoming damage, and a Shield Wall reduces rage gains from 11-12 to 8-9 (Where 7 is the base value gain for a 4.00 weapon - rest is based on damage dealt). In other words, if the debuff functions like Divine Protection, this will - without a doubt - also affect rage generation; which it currently seems to do. Seemingly, you'd have to change the rage formula in PvP for this to work as it should.

Edit: I suppose decreasing the rage costs would work as well; though I haven't calculated out any decent number for it. After all, it won't be the same, since the rage gain would be different depending on the amount of blocks/parries/dodges/immunes.

And one more note: Is block value reduced by 33% as well, in BG's/Arenas?

Roel
Founder

#17 » Post by Roel » 31 Jul 2015 23:30

Weird, rage was not reduced when I tested it. Block value is not reduced.

Sacre12

#18 » Post by Sacre12 » 31 Jul 2015 23:35

Prime wrote:Weird, rage was not reduced when I tested it. Block value is not reduced.
I haven't tested it in arenas or BG's "extensively" (Based on instincts, something's seriously off, but it could theoretically be a massive streak of rng or memories being off). If it functions exactly like a % buff a normal spell would cause, then it decreases rage gains, either way. Though I obviously don't know the exact contents of the debuff.

Regarding the block value, since damage is reduced, it would at least make sense to me that block value is as well. Keeps the same % of damage taken blocked. It's something that should be buffed or nerfed as damage is. So, if possible, that's something I'd recommend adding in.

Roel
Founder

#19 » Post by Roel » 31 Jul 2015 23:54

Well I wasn't really planning to do further changes after everything that has already happened. If we compare it to Vanilla, classes have higher damage from abilities which is why we're using a debuff. But block value comes from items so I don't think that's any different from Vanilla. And normally players have resilience which also doesn't mess with block value.

Lanfeare

#20 » Post by Lanfeare » 01 Aug 2015 04:04

The pvp debuff of 33% is causing an issue with Improved Devouring Plague. The damage is based on the total of the dot, so it's getting nerfed 33% for the dot and the initial damage is getting nerfed 33% again bringing the initial damage reduction to 55.55% (instead of 30% like it should be). This is probably due to a combination of the debuff plus whatever fix you applied to swiftmend.

Sacre12

#21 » Post by Sacre12 » 01 Aug 2015 11:25

Lanfeare wrote:The pvp debuff of 33% is causing an issue with Improved Devouring Plague. The damage is based on the total of the dot, so it's getting nerfed 33% for the dot and the initial damage is getting nerfed 33% again bringing the initial damage reduction to 55.55% (instead of 30% like it should be). This is probably due to a combination of the debuff plus whatever fix you applied to swiftmend.
Any idea how Shadow Embrace interacts with this?

@Prime; If the damage is reduced already, there's no need for the healing of shadow embrace to be nerfed as well - it'd result in another double nerf like DP. Not sure if that's the case currently.

Broel

#22 » Post by Broel » 01 Aug 2015 20:10

Prime wrote: It won't trivialize BWL because each class will only be able to get 2-3 upgrades from Onyxia.
Releasing ZG before BWL on the other hand will trivialize BWL quite alot, as it was quite well designed and balanced for T1 geared raid.

.lucasrayken

#23 » Post by .lucasrayken » 02 Aug 2015 04:41

Please do not change this. This is perfect. We are quite starved of content already and it would be great if you continued this timeline!

Knight

#24 » Post by Knight » 10 Aug 2015 19:14

Question: Are you decided when you planing release dungeon set 2 ( i hope sooner then retail was, at least bit). & Argent Dawn rewards what needs insignias?

Roel
Founder

#25 » Post by Roel » 10 Aug 2015 21:32

Knight wrote:Question: Are you decided when you planing release dungeon set 2 ( i hope sooner then retail was, at least bit). & Argent Dawn rewards what needs insignias?
Some things can be added sooner than retail but not everything is exactly planned yet.

Knight

#26 » Post by Knight » 10 Aug 2015 22:05

Prime wrote:
Knight wrote:Question: Are you decided when you planing release dungeon set 2 ( i hope sooner then retail was, at least bit). & Argent Dawn rewards what needs insignias?
Some things can be added sooner than retail but not everything is exactly planned yet.
ok, thx for info.

Fice94
Donor

#27 » Post by Fice94 » 14 Aug 2015 00:13

"5 August: Lord Kazzak has been scripted and will be available after the weekly update at 8 AM server time."

So i checked if he spawned on 3 Days now and maybe its just bad luck or does still not exist?
Zen - 60 Undead Mage <Crimson>
Pyroblast - Crit! - Aggro - Blink - Frostnova - WIPE

Roel
Founder

#28 » Post by Roel » 14 Aug 2015 00:23

Fice94 wrote:"5 August: Lord Kazzak has been scripted and will be available after the weekly update at 8 AM server time."

So i checked if he spawned on 3 Days now and maybe its just bad luck or does still not exist?
World bosses get killed as soon as possible after they spawn or respawn.

saben
Donor

#29 » Post by saben » 14 Aug 2015 05:21

Fice94 wrote:"5 August: Lord Kazzak has been scripted and will be available after the weekly update at 8 AM server time."

He was killed right after the update.
Saben - Undead Mage

.siscostrife

#30 » Post by .siscostrife » 02 Feb 2016 19:39

Kazzak needs an HP buff he dies way too fast