The Future of PrimalWoW

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Roel
Founder

The Future of PrimalWoW

#1 » Post by Roel » 14 Jul 2015 23:17

As some of you have already heard (possibly with Dodgy Kebaab's help), this is not the first server for which I took the initiative to get it rolling. I also founded TrueWoW 5 years ago and the idea for PrimalWoW actually originated from forum discussions at TrueWoW. There were 2 reasons for hiding this so far. First off to protect the TrueWoW population, secondly to see the real potential of this server without easy population from another server moving in. As a community there are a lot of people to thank for our rising population, all of you playing here and promoting the server indeed means that it has high potential. Now that you know we're serious about running a server for many years, it's time to bring this to the next level.

This means that we will be adding PrimalWoW as second realm to TrueWoW. Not right away because the website doesn't yet support multiple realms but eventually the realms will be under one website and realmlist. Any fixes we do are already getting applied to both realms but having one website makes things a lot easier, not only for staff but also for players who wish to play on both realms. A single listing at the vote sites also means that all votes would get combined for an even higher rank on those lists. If players get bored of one realm, they can try the other one so we keep population within our borders instead of seeing them leave to other servers.

We have a very long-term plan to safeguard your characters. One day, PrimalWoW's progression will reach the end of WotLK so both realms will basically be the same. When this day comes, we will merge all characters from both realms into a single realm so nothing will be lost. It's impossible to predict how everything will go in the meantime but if we manage to complete our journey, we will need to reassess the situation and see how we will continue from there. Maybe even restart the journey with a new progressive realm if that's what players want. In any case, your old characters will be available for as long as you want to keep playing.

TL;DR Population incoming, we will be providing a smooth transition to world domination. The only thing you need to do is keep playing while spreading the word.

Soapstility

Re: The Future of PrimalWoW

#2 » Post by Soapstility » 14 Jul 2015 23:29

So the realmlist will change and be added as another realm to true wow? I'm also hoping that this doesn't mean that primal will be secondary to true wow. Will primal wow continue to have their own dedicated dev team?

azreal313

#3 » Post by azreal313 » 14 Jul 2015 23:46

This sounds awesome :)

Roel
Founder

#4 » Post by Roel » 14 Jul 2015 23:48

Soapstility wrote:So the realmlist will change and be added as another realm to true wow? I'm also hoping that this doesn't mean that primal will be secondary to true wow. Will primal wow continue to have their own dedicated dev team?
Primal will likely surpass truewow in population at some point but I would rather see it as equal realms. But there will only be one big dev team that works on both realms. Like mentioned, all fixes get applied to both realms. Although a lot of focus will be on Vanilla content for now.

iamadp

#5 » Post by iamadp » 15 Jul 2015 00:06

Great job prime. Happy to be here. Keep up the great work!
<Maple Syrup>
[/size]

.Xannidel

#6 » Post by .Xannidel » 15 Jul 2015 00:36

Will TrueWoW players have an ability to transfer toons from one server to the other or even vice versa?

Roel
Founder

#7 » Post by Roel » 15 Jul 2015 00:44

Xannidel wrote:Will TrueWoW players have an ability to transfer toons from one server to the other or even vice versa?
TrueWoW players will not be getting free 60s. Because like said above, Primal will likely surpass it in population and we don't want TrueWoW to empty out. If the population of TrueWoW gets in danger, we would rather offer transfer from Primal to TrueWoW as we want a bright future for both realms.

.keez

#8 » Post by .keez » 15 Jul 2015 00:45

Great news!

.Xannidel

#9 » Post by .Xannidel » 15 Jul 2015 00:54

That is a relief to hear, thank you for reassuring me of that

.Shilofax

#10 » Post by .Shilofax » 15 Jul 2015 05:37

For those of us who already have Truewow accounts, will we be able to merge our Primalwow accounts and Truewow accounts into one account?

(Please say yes)

Zimranf2AU

#11 » Post by Zimranf2AU » 15 Jul 2015 05:44

One of the things that brought me to PrimalWoW was knowing the TrueWoW crew was behind it. It wasn't hard to figure out. I'd had an excellent experience at TrueWoW including personal help from Roel on occasion. Very excited about this realm and its future.

Roel
Founder

#12 » Post by Roel » 15 Jul 2015 15:07

Shilofax wrote:For those of us who already have Truewow accounts, will we be able to merge our Primalwow accounts and Truewow accounts into one account?

(Please say yes)
Yes I understand that's an important concern however we still need to figure out how that will be handled. For the number of users it probably means sending me a message to handle each request manually instead of writing an automated process.

dayfly

#13 » Post by dayfly » 15 Jul 2015 17:59

This means you will make the server PvP ?

Roel
Founder

#14 » Post by Roel » 15 Jul 2015 18:26

dayfly wrote:This means you will make the server PvP ?
Not sure why you would worry about something like this if it will take at least 5 years before the realms merge... PrimalWoW is indeed PvE at the moment and TrueWoW PvP so a choice will need to be made when they merge. This will just depend on what the community wants at that time so we can't answer this question now.

If you want to further discuss this matter, please do so in: http://www.primalwow.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=15497

.cosminn123

#15 » Post by .cosminn123 » 15 Jul 2015 22:38

I really hope more people will join this server. It's the best one out there. Well, besides Cor*craft lololol. Thank you Prime for letting us enjoy this awesome experience.
Image Wulf - Restoration Shaman

Image Tedd - Feral Combat Druid

Image Marax - Beast Mastery Hunter