Through the entire process we will be using the 3.3.5a client and work with server-side patches to release new content. This will give us some extra features like Achievements and Arena's which were not available in Vanilla. During the first phase Molten Core will be the only available raid with a level cap of 60 and old school dungeons like Blackrock Spire. We will first gather the required population before moving on to Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub. Stay long enough and you will experience how it was like when the Dark Portal opened as we head into TBC content. It will be the year 2021 before we get to kill the Lich King, it also took 6 years for retail.
Population will increase so we hope you have some patience with that, you can help speed up the process by voting here. Feel free to post any questions at the forums or make a ticket in game.
Some info on how it will be during the first phase:
- Simulating patch 1.5.0 server side on 3.3.5a client.
- Level cap of 60.
- Disabled the lower part of the talent trees that was added after Vanilla.
- Molten Core.
- Dragons of Nightmare disabled but Azuregos available.
- Abyssal High Council disabled
- Inscription/Jewelcrafting disabled.
- Bonuses from gathering professions disabled (Toughness, Master of Anatomy and Lifeblood).
- Like in Vanilla, first mount at level 40. Fast mount at level 60. (up for discussion)
- Dungeon Finder enabled. (up for discussion)
- Guards and other NPCs have been lowered to the level/HP they had in Vanilla.
- It will not be possible to get any items from quests/vendors that were added in later patches.
- Arena will already be available in Vanilla so PvP players also have something to do.
- PvP rewards also progressive with better available gear each season.
- PvP gear based on honor and arena points/rating but not as good as the raid drops.
- Roughly every 3 months a new patch with new available raids/gear.
- Raids will release highly buffed to cater to hardcore raiders, making them very challenging or impossible to beat.
Cross faction grouping until there is enough population.
- Raid difficulty will then gradually decrease each week during the first 3 months, after which it will be back to normal.
- During the first 3 months of the server, the following dungeons will also be buffed: Dire Maul, Scholomance, Stratholme and Blackrock Spire.
It will likely take around 5-6 years before we get that far in the progression, it also took that long for retail.oscar956 wrote:What do you mean by ''It will be the year 2021 before we get to kill the Lich King''
And why do you think people will not be playing by the end of the year if they have to wait 6?
Vargen (level 60) Whoop! (Leatherworker/Skinner) (Current Main)
Xanni (level 48) (Enchanting/Tailor)
Xannidel (When I can)
This server wants to release content every 6 months, We won't be playing TBC for another two years nor will we be killing Lich King until 2021. The only reason why Blizzard took this long to release is because they had to design, create, and test the content, Primal only has to test. These guys will be purposely locking us out of content that will most likely be completed in the first 1-2 months and expecting people to wait another 4 months with nothing to do.
I would happily wait that long if it was new content like in retail but in this instance they are just keeping already created content just out of reach from people who want to play it.
This isn't a new idea either, plenty of private servers have died just from taking a few extra weeks to release content, let alone 6 months.
If it indeed gets to the point where population is decreasing due to lack of new content, we will obviously not hold off on new content. Those 6 years are just a rough guideline if everything goes well. But most servers actually die because they release content too soon, they will only get one generation of players who then get bored and quit.
Obviously not everyone will play through the whole thing, some will only play through the Vanilla content, some only through the TBC content.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests